This thread currently has 6,569 views. Print
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
newfootballer
February 8, 2012, 10:55pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +378

Well it had to happen this John Terry problem has now taken the England Manager Fabbio Cappello from his job, he has resigned from his post as England Manager today.

It does not surprise me really that he has resigned because I have never thought that he was happy in the job, he probally did not realise the pressure that is on a England Manager to succeed because we have never got over the fact we won the 1966 world cup and anybody who follows Alf Ramsey is on a loser, not unless they win a world cup.

On a personal basis I hope that we appoint Harry Redknapp who by the way has been cleared regarding the charges made against him in the high court about not paying tax debts that he was supposed to owe.

I have always felt uneasy with a foreigner in charge of my national football team, it is not right I don`t think.

We should always have a English Manager Harry Redknapp fits the job CV wise and I am pleased that he his favourite to take the position up.
So hopefully the men in power at the FA  will make that  descision.

WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK
NEWFOOTBALLER
Logged Offline
Private Message
TWAreaTownSupporter
February 8, 2012, 11:03pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
Couldn't disagree more Dave.  Unless you think we shouldn't have so many foreigners in our league as players and managers. Or how about a non-Grimbarian as Town manager.

English football is way off the pace and has got more so since the Premier League came in. It's gone the same way as British industry. Until we address the fundamentals (in both cases) choice of manager of the national team will make naff all difference.

Deck chairs. Titanic. Changing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 67
lawless29
February 8, 2012, 11:09pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +11
yep foreign manager for me theirs no englishmen out their good enough for the job. i like the germany manager Joachim Löw or even mourinho lets' hope the fa take their time even get guus hiddink in till after the euros then get the right man regardless of his passport

https://www.facebook.com/GrimsbyCleethorpesHistory
[url=http://postimage.org/][img]http://s7.postimage.org/6lz8j8h4r/403320_362485870431139_1145829449_n.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://postimage.org/]photo upload[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 67
newfootballer
February 8, 2012, 11:11pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +378
Couldn't disagree more Dave.  Unless you think we shouldn't have so many foreigners in our league as players and managers. Or how about a non-Grimbarian as Town manager.

English football is way off the pace and has got more so since the Premier League came in. It's gone the same way as British industry. Until we address the fundamentals (in both cases) choice of manager of the national team will make naff all difference.

Deck chairs. Titanic. Changing.

I agree with you that there are to many foreign players in our English football, but we should set an example with the National Manager he should be English.
NEWFOOTBALLER

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 67
TWAreaTownSupporter
February 8, 2012, 11:42pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
But they won't follow the example will they. Not if they want to win.

Whether he's foreign or English won't make much difference because he'll (or she'll, to be provocative) be dealing with the same limited pool of talent.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 67
aldi_01
February 9, 2012, 7:30am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I think you are wrong, The Premiershite is the best league in the world apparently, all the best players play here, its exciting, technically amazing and English football has never been better....please see the sarcasm. The premier league has slowly killed the game, we now trudge along slowly and youth development, particularly of English lads isn't as good as once was...may be society and the changes in that are to blame too...kids dont have expectations etc anymore, don't like told no and expect everything all at once...people don't want to work for things and this happening in the game...the foreign lads will work, the English won't, or certainly a lot of them won't.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 67
lukeo
February 9, 2012, 8:02am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.06
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,421
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from aldi_01
I think you are wrong, The Premiershite is the best league in the world apparently

If you (or I) named the top 20 players in the WORLD I bet only a maximum of 5 would be playing in England right now. The premiership is losing it's stake of claiming to be the best league in the world. Most of the best players are playing for Barca, Real Madrid and the Milans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 67
1mickylyons
February 9, 2012, 8:33am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,431
Gold Stars: 56
Harry Rednapp based on what Dave?Only won 1 FA Cup in 30 years of managing and the highest League position he has finished in is 4th whilst he may be the best available English candidate but he isnt good enough.I would favour Terry Venables returning just til after the Tournament with a younger English under study alongside him ie Pearce,Southgate,Shearer or whoever the FA want long term.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 67
jimgtfc
February 9, 2012, 8:47am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,126
Gold Stars: 46
Just a question I'd like to ask is why do we think we have to have a 'top' manager for this job? Look how clubs like us have found good young unheard of managers, I'm not saying pick a non league manager, but surely there's some good young guys in the championship or wherever. I think the FA feel under pressure to deliver us a 'big name'! Does it matter 'who' they are, or whether they can get a group of men to pull together and perform? Personally I think it's time for a different approach.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 67
Rodley Mariner
February 9, 2012, 8:50am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,291
Gold Stars: 187
Whoever it is, they have to be English for me - I yearn for a return to the glory days of Taylor and McClaren.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 67
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › HARRY REDKNAPP NEW ENGLAND MANAGER

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.