This thread currently has 5,097 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
SlouchyMetal
February 6, 2012, 3:27pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +8
its good having Pack the park near the end of the season. Why doesnt it get run for the whole thing to encourage bigger gates throughout to create a fantastic atmosphere at EVERY home game.

Party on Wayne
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 51
jimgtfc
February 6, 2012, 4:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,101
Gold Stars: 45
I think everyone who can should download a couple of posters and put them anywhere you can, shops, chippys, post offices, at work, bedroom window. Let's get them everywhere!!! UTM

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 51
gaz57
February 6, 2012, 4:23pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from marinerian

The aim would be using the Osmond to create noise from all four sides.

It was clear to hear the effect of having three stand singing against Lincoln and Bath, and if one stand the chant soon spread.

Yes we do need to fill the rest of the Ground but having a stand where noise can easily be made and retained could really help.

Also having passionate fans behind both goals cold also make smaller teams more nervous.

Osmond For Town Fans!

I find it very cold in the lower findus also. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 51
Paris Mariner
February 6, 2012, 4:25pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Quoted from jimgtfc
I think everyone who can should download a couple of posters and put them anywhere you can, shops, chippys, post offices, at work, bedroom window. Let's get them everywhere!!! UTM

I've got one downloaded and I'm going to print off a few copies and stick up around the university where I work. Just because I can really.

Which game is that picture from? Is it Lincoln at home? It's really bugging me. Great picture though - a full stand and pure joy on everyones faces. A great reminder of what it was like before the rubbish we've endured prior to this run.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 51
Bullitt
February 6, 2012, 4:37pm
Guest User
Yeah it's the Lincoln game, when Hearn slid towards the lower findus.
Reply: 14 - 51
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 6, 2012, 4:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,949
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from marinerian
Can we get the Osmond for Town fans against clubs who wont fill the away end?

weve already played lincoln

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 51
Robs swear box
February 6, 2012, 6:40pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Great news definately would like to see some inniatives and new ideas for the remaining home games this season -

- The away end needs to be used , imo a great idea would be giving out tickets(1000+) to schools within the catchment area (including caistor,louth,Immingham ,Brigg,Market rasen etc ) not just a token 100 tickets tucked away in the corner of the main stand
- Bus ticket duscount in association with stagecoach for these spectators ( i am sure we did this a few years ago , seemed a decent idea)
- discounted matchday ticket  for purchasing a town shirt or spending some money in the club shop
- Within the next two months a voucher sent out to current season ticket holders with a discount voucher ( retaining season ticket holders and keeping them happy must be a key issue)
- A player from the 1998 promotion season as half time guest
-Better /varied half time entertainment
-Get the players actively promoting the "pack the park" campaign
- steward/staff handing out sweets to kids before the game and at half time ( possibly sponsored by local sweet shop/supermarket chain)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 51
February 6, 2012, 7:46pm
Guest User
I would also like some town legend on the pitch before the game saying a few words. And then starting off a chant ,would be quality !
Reply: 17 - 51
roundballovalhole
February 6, 2012, 7:56pm
Guest User
Stewards handing out sweets to kids? :-o
Reply: 18 - 51
Theimperialcoroner
February 6, 2012, 8:15pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,261
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from 1054
Stewards handing out sweets to kids? :-o

Cue Rattfink's Dad and some trumped-up charges...

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Pack the Park - Official

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.