4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
TonySmith
January 8, 2012, 6:44pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +976
Gold Stars: 11
   I watched the game today too and I honestly think Ryan looked very composed. He also played a couple of beautiful and pin point accurate 60 yard passes out to the left wing which you honestly don't see from too many central defenders outside the premier league. He could not be  faulted on either Sunderland goal and he made a number of saving challenges and clearances, so I'm not sure what game some of you chaps were watching. I could definitely see him getting a chance to step up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 31
voice of reason
January 8, 2012, 6:47pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from TonySmith
   I watched the game today too and I honestly think Ryan looked very composed. He also played a couple of beautiful and pin point accurate 60 yard passes out to the left wing which you honestly don't see from too many central defenders outside the premier league. He could not be  faulted on either Sunderland goal and he made a number of saving challenges and clearances, so I'm not sure what game some of you chaps were watching. I could definitely see him getting a chance to step up.

Yeah I watched the game on and off and every time I saw Bennett he seemed very composed... Like you say couldn't be faulted for the goals...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 31
Abdul19
January 8, 2012, 6:56pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.40
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,629
Gold Stars: 220
I don't ever watch Peterborough, but I know that Bennett's definitely rubbish because I've looked at the league table.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 31
MuddyWaters
January 8, 2012, 7:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from aaron rattray
bennett is overrated and i think he has reached his peak and cant see us getting anymore than 3 million for him

On the evidence of the tosh you normally post on here, I expect Ryan to be at a top Premier club shortly and an England regular by the next World Cup.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 31
nightrider
January 8, 2012, 7:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
I was impressed with Bennett. Peterborough never played well and imo the players around him were out of their depth although Fry reckoned it was due to injuries.
He isnt the finished article but at 21 there arent many players who are better and I expect he'll move to a bigger club soon.

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 31
MuddyWaters
January 8, 2012, 7:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Both goals were quality deliveries by Larsson, second due to the guy with the hairband just letting McClean walk away. He looked a right lazy tw@t.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 31
Welwynmariner
January 8, 2012, 7:25pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 1
I was at the game and thought Bennett looked very composed and that he did well.

Both the Sunderland goals came from set pieces and both were down to Larssen who was really impressive. James MacLean was really impressive - is he English - I hope so!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 31
MuddyWaters
January 8, 2012, 7:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Welwynmariner
I was at the game and thought Bennett looked very composed and that he did well.

Both the Sunderland goals came from set pieces and both were down to Larssen who was really impressive. James MacLean was really impressive - is he English - I hope so!

He played age group levels for Northern Ireland and has now played U21 for Rep Ireland!
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 31
Abdul19
January 8, 2012, 7:35pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.40
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,629
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from MuddyWaters

He played age group levels for Northern Ireland and has now played U21 for Rep Ireland!

Republic of Ireland in stealing players from Northern Ireland shock! (Tony Blair's fault  )

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 31
Tinymariner
January 8, 2012, 8:54pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
Bennett looked to be their best player today and was on the end of nearly everything they threw at their defence. He will move on to a bigger club soon IMO.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 31
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Barry Fry on TalkSport this morning

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.