This thread currently has 7,491 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Cumbrian Mariner
January 5, 2012, 9:19pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +304
Mr Peel, if you are such an upstanding member of the community - can you honestly say (under oath) that you found the behaviour of Elding "THREATENING, ABUSIVE WORDS OR BEHAVIOUR, LIKELY TO CAUSE HARM, ALARM OR DISTRESS"?  (Public Order Act).  If so then I take it you must have been wearing earmuffs when abuse was aimed at Mr ELDING throughout the match by your fellow Lincoln fans, and if you are a said upstanding member of the community then why didn't you report the afore mentioned abusive language to a fellow officer or a match steward and have the offenders arrested or ejected?  Spineless? selective hearin?g or even just possibly thought it humourous/banter?

I'm sure that you hear worse on a Friday/Saturday night and take liitle or no action, probably a few words of advice.

I'm sure you've heard worse in the station (not that it makes it right), but come on at a local derby - heat of the moment!  

Just take the defeat on the chin and trot along with your colleague and LTE representative (if there's two of you then there's less chance of being bullied, again)!!!!

UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 90
Grass Roots Football
January 5, 2012, 9:24pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Quoted from Cumbrian Mariner
Mr Peel, if you are such an upstanding member of the community - can you honestly say (under oath) that you found the behaviour of Elding "THREATENING, ABUSIVE WORDS OR BEHAVIOUR, LIKELY TO CAUSE HARM, ALARM OR DISTRESS"?  (Public Order Act).  If so then I take it you must have been wearing earmuffs when abuse was aimed at Mr ELDING throughout the match by your fellow Lincoln fans, and if you are a said upstanding member of the community then why didn't you report the afore mentioned abusive language to a fellow officer or a match steward and have the offenders arrested or ejected?  Spineless? selective hearin?g or even just possibly thought it humourous/banter?

I'm sure that you hear worse on a Friday/Saturday night and take liitle or no action, probably a few words of advice.

I'm sure you've heard worse in the station (not that it makes it right), but come on at a local derby - heat of the moment!  

Just take the defeat on the chin and trot along with your colleague and LTE representative (if there's two of you then there's less chance of being bullied, again)!!!!

UTM

woow well said brilliant.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 90
ticker_1610
January 5, 2012, 9:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
It ain't Dodds, your barking up the wrong tree!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 90
EY Mariner
January 5, 2012, 10:18pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +865
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from impressive
I was in the traveling ranks , Elding did as said but for gods sake let it rest . He was given stick every time he came near us and some of it worse than he gave back . I am one Imp who says let it rest , it seems like sour grapes . You beat us fair and square and your support was admirable. Well done , enjoy it for now , we will be back ....

It's refreshing to see one of your number showing a bit of maturity on this issue. If fans abuse an opposing player, then they should be mature enough to expect a bit back and accept it if it comes. Anything less than that is pathetic.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 90
hazdy
January 5, 2012, 11:35pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +15
Well I reckon the next time Elding scores, the entire ground should perform an homage and grab their own crotches in celebration.

Maybe we could get the ponny moonwalking?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 90
tashee69
January 6, 2012, 1:08am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +970
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Cumbrian Mariner

UTM

You could not of phrased it better  

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 90
scrumble
January 6, 2012, 10:06am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +986
Gold Stars: 10
Has the "Lincoln fan in peace" thread been removed?

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 90
mariner83
January 6, 2012, 10:21am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from scrumble
Has the "Lincoln fan in peace" thread been removed?

It's here http://www.thefishy.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?m-1325444578/s-0/
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 67 - 90
voice of reason
January 6, 2012, 10:26am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk.....83-detail/story.html

According to the telewag we have our own sad acts who have complained about something one of their players did...  

Anyone wanna own up and go stand in the cornr next to Peely...???  

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 90
RoboCod
January 6, 2012, 10:44am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
These Town complaints are surely the titfortat gestures we guessed would happen though, surely? Ridiculous really, the complaints could be endless. Any chance of back-tracking to two seasons back when Kerr and (player manager) Pearce constantly swore at the Pontoon and even spat at them, in full view of the stewards?
I expect this to run and run now, if it wasn't for 6 easy points the Lincoln games could become a real annual embarrassment for the game of football.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 90
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Elding Investigated

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.