5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
BIGChris
January 1, 2012, 5:52pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
A deserved win, great crowd, good atmosphere.

Town were simply better than lincoln. Power did well although didnt quite have the impact he did at SB. They looked poor at the back, competitive but limited across midfield and a little too lightweight up front.

Both Wood and Townsend were superb. The Hull youngster set up the opening two goals and looked a threat going forward whilst Brad had his best game defensively for a very long time. I THINK his booking may take him to 10 and an automatic 2 game ban?
Miller did well as did Garner but they will face harder challenges

Disley and pather worked well as a central unit but Dizza's injury didnt look good and Panther will be banned for 3 games. This MAY mean we decide not to extend his loan and get a replacement in?

Hearn and Elding too are a great partnership.

Lincoln will have their work cut out staying out of the last bottom 4 especially if they lose Power. They have looked very limited in their two outings against us.

My New Year wish is that many of those who turned up to support Town today enjioyed it enough to return on a regular basis. Obviously we are not going to get 6600 each week but could we get 3500-4000? Why not.

YOUR CLUB NEEDS YOU!
Private Message
voice of reason
January 1, 2012, 5:56pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from BIGChris

Town were simply better than lincoln. Power did well although didnt quite have the impact he did at SB. They looked poor at the back, competitive but limited across midfield and a little too lightweight up front.

Both Wood and Townsend were superb. The Hull youngster set up the opening two goals and looked a threat going forward whilst Brad had his best game defensively for a very long time. I THINK his booking may take him to 10 and an automatic 2 game ban?

Disley and pather worked well as a central unit but Dizza's injury didnt look good and Panther will be banned for 3 games. This MAY mean we decide not to extend his loan and get a replacement in?

Lincoln will have their work cut out staying out of the last bottom 4 especially if they lose Power. They have looked very limited in their two outings against us.

My New Year wish is that many of those who turned up to support Town today enjioyed it enough to return on a regular basis. Obviously we are not going to get 6600 each week but could we get 3500-4000? Why not.

YOUR CLUB NEEDS YOU!

Sounds like a good performance and things seem to be progressing nicely... Slightly off topic, did you have much interest in the Trust today...???

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 46
Paris Mariner
January 1, 2012, 5:57pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Yes. Great performance. Wood was my MOM. Outstanding - you could see he wanted it today. Another good atmosphere and I think this will add a few more to those making the journey to Alfreton next week. Roll on Saturday!!!

We are Town.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 46
STB
January 1, 2012, 5:59pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
I went today Chris and enjoyed it.
The crowd seemed subdued and quiet but I put this down to hangovers!
I'm off to my first away match since Burton next week but I don't think I'll attend BP many more times this season.

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 46
AndyGTFC
January 1, 2012, 6:00pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +808
Gold Stars: 5
Solid team performance and a deserved win. We've played better this season but we're always capable of scoring goals now and definitely don't look as dodgy at the back now either. The goals came at just the right times too. Lincoln didn't cause us too many problems up top again, definitely think they need a bit more quality in the final third as you say.

Disagreed with Panther's sending off. For me, it was a yellow card for both players and if the referee did decide that what happened was worthy of a sending off then it should've been both players getting their marching orders. From what I saw, it was nothing more than a scuffle that you see in so many games.

Nice to see us win in front of a big crowd for a change too!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 46
ginnywings
January 1, 2012, 6:01pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from BIGChris

YOUR CLUB NEEDS YOU!

Good post Chris.I couldn't be there today,more's the pity,but i'll be back for the next game and the rest of the season.

Hope that performance today brings a few more fans out of the woodwork and puts a few more bob in the coffers to sign a good midfielder,which is what i think we need to progress further.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 46
gobby
January 1, 2012, 6:05pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +776
Gold Stars: 7
Good day all round, felt edgy for 10-15 in the 2nd half when they scored but we seemed to soak it up. Miller is a good addition and I thought Panther was at his best today apart from retailiating to a late challenge.
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 46
GtfcGarner
January 1, 2012, 6:16pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,796
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from STB
I went today Chris and enjoyed it.
The crowd seemed subdued and quiet but I put this down to hangovers!
I'm off to my first away match since Burton next week but I don't think I'll attend BP many more times this season.

Don't know what your on about, maybe 20 minutes without sound but we sang for a good 70.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 46
Sigone
January 1, 2012, 6:18pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Manny Panther's tweets:-
mannypanther8 Manny Panther
Hmmmmmm apparently I knee'd someone today??

mannypanther8 Manny Panther
What was even more laughable was as me n the boy Sinclair walked up to the ref, Sinclair was apologising to me...Then I get sent off amazing

Like probably everyone in the ground(including the ref) I didnt see it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 46
upthestripes
January 1, 2012, 6:22pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Appeal? Sounds like a good case

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 46
January 1, 2012, 6:22pm
Guest User
Surely we can apeal , we did with Kempsons red against Newport and that got overturned .
Reply: 10 - 46
LH
January 1, 2012, 6:24pm

Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,611
Gold Stars: 177
Will the camera have caught it? We were on a promising attack when the whistle went.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 46
aaron rattray
January 1, 2012, 6:26pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
i went, thought we played okay, townsend did great

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 46
mariner91
January 1, 2012, 6:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,837
Gold Stars: 264
Good team performance and deserved the win. Crowd was great. Long way to go and a few problems with Panther out and Disley injured but I trust Scott and Hurst to fix it. What pleases me is we look so dangerous. A friend of mine who hasn't been for a while says he's not known Town entertain as much as they did today, we have exciting players and you always think we can score more than the opposition. Still a long way to go but (whisper it) we COULD make the play offs.

Oh and Wood and Townsend were superb. Had this been in the premiershite they'd be drooling over the quality from Townsend for the second goal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 46
davmariner
January 1, 2012, 6:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,983
Gold Stars: 79
I very much doubt that the camera recording the game will have picked the incident up however the CCTV footage (if it's half decent) will show it. It was clearly the linesman that influenced the sending off and also incidently he made some terrible decisions throughout the game. It wouldn't surprise me if the sending off was another.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 46
BIGChris
January 1, 2012, 6:59pm
Season Ticket Holder
It seems the seating in the Osmond end really IS SHOCKING! You cant see a thing other than  "its was a totally even game and Imps only lost due to inept officials"

First goal was miles offside, it wasnt a penalty for us and they should have had two penalties??????
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 46
barralad
January 1, 2012, 7:09pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,300
Gold Stars: 127
Thoroughly enjoyed my afternoon.

Miller looks like he could be a really good acquisition. I'll probably get crucified for this but I thought Lincoln did have slightly the better of the first half. They do appear to lack a goalscorer though.

Hearn did really well for his goal and Townsend's cross for the second goal was Premiership quality.

Panther has the potential to be a real crowd pleaser. The pass he hit into space down the left in the first half was exquisite and to be fair he didn't give the ball away much at all.

Elding must be the most emphatic penalty taker seen at B.P. for many a year.

There is a new found confidence amongst the players which meant that there was little or no chance of a repeat of the mini-collapses we've seen in some games this season.

Wood deserved his MOM rating and Garner looked good along side Miller

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 46
1mickylyons
January 1, 2012, 7:19pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,400
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from barralad
Thoroughly enjoyed my afternoon.

Miller looks like he could be a really good acquisition. I'll probably get crucified for this but I thought Lincoln did have slightly the better of the first half. They do appear to lack a goalscorer though.

Hearn did really well for his goal and Townsend's cross for the second goal was Premiership quality.

Panther has the potential to be a real crowd pleaser. The pass he hit into space down the left in the first half was exquisite and to be fair he didn't give the ball away much at all.

Elding must be the most emphatic penalty taker seen at B.P. for many a year.

There is a new found confidence amongst the players which meant that there was little or no chance of a repeat of the mini-collapses we've seen in some games this season.

Wood deserved his MOM rating and Garner looked good along side Miller

WHS ive just said to an Imps fan that there team have seemed to tire badly about the 70 min mark in both games and that is probably a mark of how well weve started to pass the ball and make them chase.In my opinion Scott and Hurst seemed to have slightly changed to a more passing game and it is reaping dividends.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 46
80sglory
January 1, 2012, 7:21pm
Guest User
No lack of effort or commitment !  

Played some good stuff going forward and we always looked dangerous against a ropy Lincoln defence.

No doubt the recent additions have helped and the backline looks much stronger.
Especially the fullbacks(Wood MOM) but credit to Miller and Garner who did well to keep things organised even if as a partnership they didn't always look completely rock solid IMO (first game together what do you expect?)

Quoted from AndyGTFC
Solid team performance and a deserved win. We've played better this season but we're always capable of scoring goals now and definitely don't look as dodgy at the back now either. The goals came at just the right times too. Lincoln didn't cause us too many problems up top again, definitely think they need a bit more quality in the final third as you say.

Totally agree.

Good performances all round, that said I agree with Coulson on RH that we didn't play our best.

Quoted from BIGChris
competitive but limited across midfield

Agree with most of your comments but not this one.

Whilst we closed them down very well, thought Lincoln looked the better and more creative team in the centre of the pitch, they certainly retained the ball better.

Though of course, we seem to want to get it forward asap which may or may not be the right thing to do to put teams under pressure, but it concerns me we might struggle to get a grip of games on our travels.
Despite the Barcelona cheers at the end we're not a confident team in terms of keeping possession for sustained periods.
If we were we'd be serious title challengers but I fear that could ultimately prove the difference and this "get it forward" approach might fizzle out in tougher away games.

Quoted from BIGChris

Limited yes, but I was more impressed than I thought I'd be.
They seem to be going the right way and don't think they'll go down.

Was our first one offside ? Penalty really an intentional handball ?
Think 2-1 might have been fairer and maybe they can probably count themselves a little unfortunate to take nothing from both games even if we fully deserved all the points.

Playoffs ?
Thanoj did great when he came on but if Panther and Disley(both impressed) are out it won't help against a resurgent Alfreton.
All in all, pleased with today and whilst we're winning we can do it, but not quite as hopeful as I was tbh.
Reply: 18 - 46
Colonel Fishpaste
January 1, 2012, 7:22pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Big, supportive crowds dothat!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 46
lawless29
January 1, 2012, 7:24pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +11

https://www.facebook.com/GrimsbyCleethorpesHistory
[url=http://postimage.org/][img]http://s7.postimage.org/6lz8j8h4r/403320_362485870431139_1145829449_n.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://postimage.org/]photo upload[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 46
January 1, 2012, 7:30pm
Guest User
Nice big nosiy crowd, good result.

How many did the Gimps actually bring with them?
Reply: 21 - 46
TownSNAFU5
January 1, 2012, 7:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,908
Gold Stars: 42
An exciting day.  Atmosphere so different from a few months ago.  We took our chances in the first half.  Similar to Wrexham when they won here.  

Scott put it down to very good fitness levels (from pre-season training).  He also said that confidence plays a key part on football. Lincoln were better that I thought and had control of the midfield at times.   Pope is an excellent player at this level. I will give then some more credit at they lost.  Their goals was well executed.

Hard to judge Town though when we were 3-0 up and cruising.  The team can still improve.  

As I have said before, we can have a tight defence and will create and score goals.  CM and left midfield need to be better - in quality and quantity.

A good result, performance ant atmosphere in a local derby in front of a very big crowd.  What a great start to the new year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 46
gtfc_brad
January 1, 2012, 7:34pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Quoted from 1106
Nice big nosiy crowd, good result.

How many did the Gimps actually bring with them?

700-odd
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 46
Marinerz93
January 1, 2012, 7:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from lawless29

Any more vid's please  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 46
hook line and sinker
January 1, 2012, 7:38pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +37
Quoted from lawless29

blimey! that video really does highlight how big the hump is in the penalty area
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 46
upthestripes
January 1, 2012, 7:40pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7

blimey! that video really does highlight how big the hump is in the penalty area

Exactly what I thought, it doesn't look anything like that bad from the UF, looks like flippin Snowdon!

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 46
STB
January 1, 2012, 8:06pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Quoted from GtfcGarner

Don't know what your on about, maybe 20 minutes without sound but we sang for a good 70.

I was in the main stand front row near the home dugout.
There was singing but it was just quieter than I expected.

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 46
bladerunnner
January 1, 2012, 8:14pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +22 / -10
Quoted from BIGChris

YOUR CLUB NEEDS YOU!

the potentials there at this club,put the right product there at the right price and people will turn out,its not degree level economics is it?
when you charge £16 a chuck, and serve up dross then people won't turn out will they? surely its better to have 5000 there at £10 a go? the atmosphere today was electric,surely the players deserve this week in week out if they keep fighting and giving their all on the pitch,i for one will be back to support the lads after what i saw today.

irony................its a bit like brassy,only made from iron!   (baldrick,blackadder)
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 46
1mickylyons
January 1, 2012, 8:20pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from STB

I was in the main stand front row near the home dugout.
There was singing but it was just quieter than I expected.

Yeah it kept going flat for fairly long periods but then a lot more families at todays game than ive seen for years at BP?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 46
1mickylyons
January 1, 2012, 8:21pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from bladerunnner

the potentials there at this club,put the right product there at the right price and people will turn out,its not degree level economics is it?
when you charge £16 a chuck, and serve up dross then people won't turn out will they? surely its better to have 5000 there at £10 a go? the atmosphere today was electric,surely the players deserve this week in week out if they keep fighting and giving their all on the pitch,i for one will be back to support the lads after what i saw today.

The Town fans will support a team that tries and thats what we now have after 5-6 years of dross they are not World beaters but they are a team and we are now on the way back but it may take some patience?UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 46
chicaneuk
January 1, 2012, 8:35pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,486
Just back after a really long day. Didn't get in till 4am, out enjoying New Year celebrations and then was on the road for 10am to get up to Blundell Park from the West Midlands..

Totally worth the exhaustion though. Town looked in great form and I think this was, for me at least, one of the standout performances of the season so far. I think it's coming together nicely for Scott and Hurst now and the players are starting to look so much more confident, more of a team, and more passionate and thirsty. I was confident that this form was in the squad somewhere and it was just going to take time to find it.. and I honestly think we stand a good chance of improving even more as the season continues. And has been said in the other thread, the play-offs really don't seem an impossibility any more.

Great stuff.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 46
Tommy
January 1, 2012, 8:56pm
Season Ticket Holder
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 76
Another enjoyable game at Blundell Park.

I can agree with Barralad to a certain extent in that i felt Lincoln had the better of the general play in the first half, but during that time Town looked far more likely to score when we attacked than Lincoln did at any time during the 2 games. Again, how much was McKeown really tested today? I remember a bit of a scramble in the 2nd half and two decent saves that you'd probably expect him to make but that was it.

So first half without getting our passing game going that much we still looked the more threatening side. Miller seemed to slot in well and i can't help but think he's going to be a good signing for us. As Scott said on RH afterwards, he's got a turn of pace too that you maybe don't expect of a tall centre half.

Power was pulling the strings again for Lincoln in the first half in his free role just off Taylor. But when Lincoln went 4-4-2 in the 2nd half to get another striker up there, Power was moved out to the right and stopped getting the ball. Or at least stopped getting the ball in areas where he could do any damage. It suits him being able to wander about being a spare man in the middle but i'd be interested to see if he'd have such an impact in a 4-4-2 in the middle. Not saying he wouldn't but would like to see that.

Our first goal was a clinical finish. Our second was great wide play from Townsend, a beauty of a cross and a difficult header from Coulson as he was back-pedalling slightly as he headed it. Speaking of beautiful crosses that ball Artus curled in for Elding in the 1st half was the cross of the season for me, Elding inches away from poking it in the net. The penalty i'd need to see again to be sure if it was or not, but it definitely made contact with his hand. And i didn't doubt the chairleader Elding would score for a second.

Wood deserved MOM although i think Panther ran him close. His best game for us and carried on his streak of improving performances week-on-week.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 46
Colonel Fishpaste
January 1, 2012, 9:00pm

Lager Top Drinker
Big, supportive crowds do that!  Build confidence that is.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 46
Tommy
January 1, 2012, 9:02pm
Season Ticket Holder
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 76
Also one last thing - although it was only a short cameo, that was the best i've seen Thanoj play. Got about the Lincoln midfielders, really got stuck in and broke forward well. Good reverse pass that nearly set Hearn/Elding clear in the box.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 46
BIGChris
January 1, 2012, 9:04pm
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from Tommy
Also one last thing - although it was only a short cameo, that was the best i've seen Thanoj play. Got about the Lincoln midfielders, really got stuck in and broke forward well. Good reverse pass that nearly set Hearn/Elding clear in the box.

Agree with this he won lots of ball and made good use of it
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 46
mariner91
January 1, 2012, 9:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,837
Gold Stars: 264
I agree Tommy about Thanoj, really did well when he came on. And I agree about the cross by Artus, it was a peach and deserved a goal.

How the Lincoln fans can claim the ref stopped them winning is beyond me? McKeown was hardly tested, we could quite easily have had five, Panther shouldn't have been sent off and Townsend somehow didn't get a penalty in the first half.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 46
ticker_1610
January 1, 2012, 9:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
I don't think we had to deliver our best football to beat Lincoln today. Power was the best midfielder on the pitch but Manny worked hard keeping him restricted on the ball. They had 15 mins going for goal, which all teams do when behind in a game, yet Miller was talking to the young lads n instructing them about not getting turned or players round the back of them, especially when manny went off he organised straight away. Elding immediately dropped deep n organised cm. Even with ten men we kept possession which in the past we havnt n seen goals conceded. Lincoln worked hard and were very physical so another 3 points were very pleasing. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 46
Garth
January 1, 2012, 9:17pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,937
Gold Stars: 27
My take on todays game is that Lincoln had a good share of the play but had no one up front to pose a threat to our goal.  and were reduced to long range shots which was meat and drink to our keeper.

We on the other hand looked odds on to score each time we got in sight of their box, story of our past season and shows how much our two front men are valued, not forgetting Duffy and Coulson

We are looking good for progression up this league and now only require Lincolns No 8 to operate alongside Disley in midfield for the iceing on the cake, make it happen
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 46
GYinScuntland
January 1, 2012, 9:21pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
It's a pleasure to come out of the Park seeing beaming smiles on peoples faces. I thought the crowd were fantastic to a man (and woman) and there seems to be a genuine feeling of better things to come both at the ground and on here. Obviously we won't be getting 6K plus crowds regularly for quite a while but the point is that the players have now seen and felt the potential and it can only spur them on the more. From looking like a team of journeymen they seem to have been moulded into a team of men here for the journey. A big "cautious" hats of to S&H and what's the betting there will be twice as many at Alfreton than might have been before these last two had been played.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 46
Colonel Fishpaste
January 2, 2012, 1:51am

Lager Top Drinker
UTM!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 46
semilapsedmariner
January 2, 2012, 8:17am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Approval: +0
We broke the voodoo yesterday,up to now in front of a big crowd we normally bottle it and put off the possible future increase in the gate.
Even if two to three hundred more come through the turnstiles for the rest of the season i'll be happy.
The team seem to now be gelling very well,and i was inpressed with Miller just what wev'e needed in the middle of the back four,no big kempson hoofs just a look up and distribution,he was organising the defence from the start, a natural leader i think.

Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play.
It is bound up with hatred,jealousy,boastfullness,
disregard of all rules and a sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence;
In other words it is war without the shooting.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 46
thedmariner
January 2, 2012, 2:14pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
good performance and always thought we had another gear if we needed it.bit concerned when they scored but the onslaught never happened.they looked lightweight up front and miller/garner looked good.nice selection problem for s&h when everybody fit,still need someone to control center midfield and pick up second ball,shame about panther as i think he's getting better each game.great crowd and if we keep doing well attendances will stay up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 46
grimsby pete
January 2, 2012, 3:10pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,841
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from BIGChris

!

I was saying weeks ago that Hearn and Elding should be given at least 5 or 6 games to form a good partnership,

Its good to see S + H read the Fishy.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 46
lukeo
January 2, 2012, 6:05pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,419
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from BIGChris

YOUR CLUB NEEDS YOU!

Agree 100%.. Is Strong that Centre mid guy? ... Best player I've seen at BP this season for me. His vision and passing was superb, how has he ended up at Lincoln?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 46
wigworld
January 2, 2012, 6:08pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from lukeo

Is Strong that Centre mid guy?

Who?  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 45 - 46
Chris
January 2, 2012, 7:24pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Really beginning to think these two can bring us some success and thats pretty much the first time Ive felt that way under them.

Absolutely fantastic to see BP so full, just wish for the days to return where this is the norm! UTM!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 46
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.