5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
lawless29
January 1, 2012, 7:24pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +11

https://www.facebook.com/GrimsbyCleethorpesHistory
[url=http://postimage.org/][img]http://s7.postimage.org/6lz8j8h4r/403320_362485870431139_1145829449_n.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://postimage.org/]photo upload[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 46
January 1, 2012, 7:30pm
Guest User
Nice big nosiy crowd, good result.

How many did the Gimps actually bring with them?
Reply: 21 - 46
TownSNAFU5
January 1, 2012, 7:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,908
Gold Stars: 42
An exciting day.  Atmosphere so different from a few months ago.  We took our chances in the first half.  Similar to Wrexham when they won here.  

Scott put it down to very good fitness levels (from pre-season training).  He also said that confidence plays a key part on football. Lincoln were better that I thought and had control of the midfield at times.   Pope is an excellent player at this level. I will give then some more credit at they lost.  Their goals was well executed.

Hard to judge Town though when we were 3-0 up and cruising.  The team can still improve.  

As I have said before, we can have a tight defence and will create and score goals.  CM and left midfield need to be better - in quality and quantity.

A good result, performance ant atmosphere in a local derby in front of a very big crowd.  What a great start to the new year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 46
gtfc_brad
January 1, 2012, 7:34pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Quoted from 1106
Nice big nosiy crowd, good result.

How many did the Gimps actually bring with them?

700-odd
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 46
Marinerz93
January 1, 2012, 7:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from lawless29

Any more vid's please  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 46
hook line and sinker
January 1, 2012, 7:38pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +37
Quoted from lawless29

blimey! that video really does highlight how big the hump is in the penalty area
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 46
upthestripes
January 1, 2012, 7:40pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7

blimey! that video really does highlight how big the hump is in the penalty area

Exactly what I thought, it doesn't look anything like that bad from the UF, looks like flippin Snowdon!

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 46
STB
January 1, 2012, 8:06pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Quoted from GtfcGarner

Don't know what your on about, maybe 20 minutes without sound but we sang for a good 70.

I was in the main stand front row near the home dugout.
There was singing but it was just quieter than I expected.

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 46
bladerunnner
January 1, 2012, 8:14pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +22 / -10
Quoted from BIGChris
A deserved win, great crowd, good atmosphere.

Town were simply better than lincoln. Power did well although didnt quite have the impact he did at SB. They looked poor at the back, competitive but limited across midfield and a little too lightweight up front.

Both Wood and Townsend were superb. The Hull youngster set up the opening two goals and looked a threat going forward whilst Brad had his best game defensively for a very long time. I THINK his booking may take him to 10 and an automatic 2 game ban?
Miller did well as did Garner but they will face harder challenges

Disley and pather worked well as a central unit but Dizza's injury didnt look good and Panther will be banned for 3 games. This MAY mean we decide not to extend his loan and get a replacement in?

Hearn and Elding too are a great partnership.

Lincoln will have their work cut out staying out of the last bottom 4 especially if they lose Power. They have looked very limited in their two outings against us.

My New Year wish is that many of those who turned up to support Town today enjioyed it enough to return on a regular basis. Obviously we are not going to get 6600 each week but could we get 3500-4000? Why not.

YOUR CLUB NEEDS YOU!

the potentials there at this club,put the right product there at the right price and people will turn out,its not degree level economics is it?
when you charge £16 a chuck, and serve up dross then people won't turn out will they? surely its better to have 5000 there at £10 a go? the atmosphere today was electric,surely the players deserve this week in week out if they keep fighting and giving their all on the pitch,i for one will be back to support the lads after what i saw today.

irony................its a bit like brassy,only made from iron!   (baldrick,blackadder)
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 46
1mickylyons
January 1, 2012, 8:20pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,400
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from STB

I was in the main stand front row near the home dugout.
There was singing but it was just quieter than I expected.

Yeah it kept going flat for fairly long periods but then a lot more families at todays game than ive seen for years at BP?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.