Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Can you hear the Pontoon sing?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 97 Guests

Can you hear the Pontoon sing?

This thread currently has 3,416 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
December 30, 2011, 5:17pm
Guest User
Quoted from 1mickylyons
You can tell by the lack of Pontoonites posting on this thread that they know they are beat im thinking of goading the Mainstand at least they stamp there feet and clunk the flask lids now and again

Pipe down , you will be scared on Sunday by the amount of noise coming from the Pontoon on Sunday , PONTOON ARMY  
Reply: 20 - 55
1mickylyons
December 30, 2011, 5:18pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,432
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from ross1cod

Mid 80's onwards, often come away with loads of scars from the "lets go fecking mental chant" starting at the top and hitting every barrier on the way to the bottom. Its a shame seating got put in,and the last 10 years as all but killed the atmosphere in there.

Looking at the youtube clips from the buckley 1 era and the mass of bodies in there certainly brings the excellent memories back

Yeah that was good but still not a patch on the Pontoon in the early 80s once they pulled the Barrats down the Pontoon seemed to peak though we also had hell of a team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 55
I believe in Cod
December 30, 2011, 5:20pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Quoted from 1mickylyons
You can tell by the lack of Pontoonites posting on this thread that they know they are beat im thinking of goading the Mainstand at least they stamp there feet and clunk the flask lids now and again

It all gets out of hand on Derby day, some of them have been reported to have stood up to celebrate a goal in the past!

Colour my life with the chaos of trouble.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 55
bobbyboxer
December 30, 2011, 5:22pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
lets all sing together all 3 stands and show our 6 fingered kiddy fiddling friends how a game should sound
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 55
1mickylyons
December 30, 2011, 5:23pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from I believe in Cod

It all gets out of hand on Derby day, some of them have been reported to have stood up to celebrate a goal in the past!

Wicked lie it`s a shame old Icy isnt here to defend the Mainstands honour anymore.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 55
1mickylyons
December 30, 2011, 5:24pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from 1739

Pipe down , you will be scared on Sunday by the amount of noise coming from the Pontoon on Sunday , PONTOON ARMY  

All is quiet on new years day
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 55
mariner91
December 30, 2011, 5:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,912
Gold Stars: 264
Quoted from 1739

I'd love this to be the case. If Town start well and get an early goal or two I think the atmosphere will be electric. I just worry the first half will be flat like at Sincil Bank.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 55
1mickylyons
December 30, 2011, 5:30pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

I'd love this to be the case. If Town start well and get an early goal or two I think the atmosphere will be electric. I just worry the first half will be flat like at Sincil Bank.

Not just Town fans though Lincoln were pretty quiet 1st half also ,it was just one of those games where it picked up a gear after half time on and off the pitch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 55
mariner91
December 30, 2011, 5:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,912
Gold Stars: 264
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Not just Town fans though Lincoln were pretty quiet 1st half also ,it was just one of those games where it picked up a gear after half time on and off the pitch.

Yeah I meant the whole ground. Lincoln were quiet because they always are, always have been and always will be. Town were quiet because the team were playing poorly but I was still a little disappointed. Obviously the second half was exceptional support but I'd love that to be the case from the Findus, the Pontoon and maybe even the main stand from before kick off right until the final whistle.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 55
ross1cod
December 30, 2011, 5:35pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -1
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Yeah that was good but still not a patch on the Pontoon in the early 80s once they pulled the Barrats down the Pontoon seemed to peak though we also had hell of a team.

my old fella has alot to answer to, he hates football and refused to take me, only time i got there pre 85 was when my scunt supporting uncle took me,and after that i just snook off and me and a few school mates where hooked.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 55
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Can you hear the Pontoon sing?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.