This thread currently has 8,019 views. Print
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
marinerian
December 28, 2011, 1:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
There was an incident where a group of 15+ attacked a group of town fans. The town fans were not hooligans and walking to theur car.

One town fan was arrested if you saw what happend and are prepared to give a statement please message me.

I saw the lads from lincoln come ovdr the bridge so slowed down as did not want the hasske.

I know Matthew would appriciate it if you saw what happend

Also I know people will accuse me of all sorts now but I woukd help most town fas as that is ne

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
voice of reason
December 28, 2011, 1:42pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Aren't you still busy sorting out the Burton escapade, a pub for town fans to meet in before games and a trip to watch Aalst or was that someone else...???

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 76
Blundelluk
December 28, 2011, 1:49pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +80
Ian, just for once can you make a post without numerous basic spelling mistakes! I thought you had a degree in English? Anyway good work PC Blakey  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 76
flash1
December 28, 2011, 1:56pm
rather be a codhead than a scunt
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +21 / -9
Approval: +1
Quoted from voice of reason
Aren't you still busy sorting out the Burton escapade, a pub for town fans to meet in before games and a trip to watch Aalst or was that someone else...???

he,s trying to help in finding a witnesses to a town fan getting unfairly arrested!just what is wrong with that?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 76
marinerian
December 28, 2011, 2:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
I am at east midlands designer outlet on my phone....very busy here Blundell.

I have tried to do things to help but to many town fans just mock Voice of reason so i rarely bother now.

Cheers flash, leave others to take the urine

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 76
voice of reason
December 28, 2011, 2:09pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from marinerian
I am at east midlands designer outlet on my phone....very busy here Blundell.

I have tried to do things to help but to many town fans just mock Voice of reason so i rarely bother now.

Cheers flash, leave others to take the urine

No what you do, or so it seems to me at least, is anything to be center of attention for 5 minutes and to get involved with a bit of drama... Once you've had your fill you clear off again without actually having achieved anything, like the instances I pointed out above...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 76
VictorMeldrewsDad
December 28, 2011, 2:12pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Ian, just for once can you make a post without numerous basic spelling mistakes! I thought you had a degree in English? Anyway good work PC Blakey

he,s trying to help in finding a witnesses to a town fan getting unfairly arrested!just what is wrong with that?

Cheap, but made me smile

I will never forget where I was the day Kennedy was stabbed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 76
Harlem mariner
December 28, 2011, 2:18pm
Snakebite drinker
Rep Score: +9 / -5

No what you do, or so it seems to me at least, is anything to be center of attention for 5 minutes and to get involved with a bit of drama... Once you've had your fill you clear off again without actually having achieved anything, like the instances I pointed out above...

You fella are a prickk
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 76
1mickylyons
December 28, 2011, 2:19pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,432
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Harlem mariner

You fella are a prickk

Im nearly certain ive seen that saying before?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 76
voice of reason
December 28, 2011, 2:21pm
Brandy Drinker

You fella are a prickk

Devastating news, i'm gutted...  

Private Message
Reply: 9 - 76
1mickylyons
December 28, 2011, 2:23pm
Special Brew Drinker

Devastating news, i'm gutted...  

If only Towns back four could match you for consistency we would have one hand on the European Cup.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 76
Harlem mariner
December 28, 2011, 2:24pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Im nearly certain ive seen that saying before?

You would have done its cos he is one ,somebody trying to help a inocent fan and hes taking the pisss the tosserr
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 76
voice of reason
December 28, 2011, 2:26pm
Brandy Drinker

You would have done its cos he is one ,somebody trying to help a inocent fan and hes taking the pisss the tosserr

Seen it all before mate... It's not about helping others it's all about the limelight... Anyway just saying it as I see it, that's what these places are for isn't it...??? ya know just like you're saying it as you see it when calling me a sharp object...

Private Message
Reply: 12 - 76
flash1
December 28, 2011, 2:29pm
Cocktail Drinker
Rep Score: +21 / -9

You fella are a prickk

i,d certainly go along with that!

perhaps the word thou your looking for to descibe vor is helmet

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 76
Harlem mariner
December 28, 2011, 2:34pm
Snakebite drinker

Seen it all before mate... It's not about helping others it's all about the limelight... Anyway just saying it as I see it, that's what these places are for isn't it...??? ya know just like you're saying it as you see it when calling me a sharp object...

The incident defo happened the lad nicked needs assistance and you go off on somebody attention seeking.  If you dont like ian fair enough i dont give a fuk i dont know him but perhaps it might save that lad his job his wife  ?? To me its just a personal thing you have going on  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 76
voice of reason
December 28, 2011, 2:42pm
Brandy Drinker

The incident defo happened the lad nicked needs assistance and you go off on somebody attention seeking.  If you dont like ian fair enough i dont give a fuk i dont know him but perhaps it might save that lad his job his wife  ?? To me its just a personal thing you have going on  

Fair enough, I take your point on board but as I said before I am just stating what I see, not deliberately trying to be a 'sharp object' for the sake of it... Anyway I hope the lad gets the help he needs and justice is done...

Private Message
Reply: 15 - 76
Super Clive
December 28, 2011, 3:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +55 / -24
You are a nob though vor, you think what you say is saying it how it is but in reality you just come across as a anal muncher.

Voice of patronizing drivel seems fair.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 76
voice of reason
December 28, 2011, 3:24pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Super Clive
You are a nob though vor, you think what you say is saying it how it is but in reality you just come across as a anal muncher.

Voice of patronizing drivel seems fair.

Yes, erm well done clive... Great work...

Private Message
Reply: 17 - 76
roundballovalhole
December 28, 2011, 3:26pm
Guest User
Quoted from Blundelluk

And you punctuate a question with an exclamation mark
Reply: 18 - 76
Biccys
December 28, 2011, 3:27pm
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Calm down ladies, please stop the personal abuse. It's Christmas. Ish.

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 19 - 76
MCT_grimsby
December 28, 2011, 3:32pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Hi all, i am the lad who got arrested after the game on boxing day and i do require help... i orginally got arrested for AFFRAY but then i got to the police station and they must of realised they didnt have evidence so theyve dropped it to a section 4 public order act which i was told by my solicitor isnt to bad. Personally i think the lincoln police didn't care about grimsby supporters saftey,i was with 3 friends and a 50 year old man,we was confronted by 20/30 lincoln fans who came towards us as we was walking to our car, i acted in self defence and threw a punch at 2 lads who had chased my friend over the road...the next thing im in the back of the police van arrested. The lincolnshire police are asking for a ban as this was after a football match, so i need anyone to come forward who see the incident please!!!

UTM!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 76
marinerian
December 28, 2011, 3:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker

Your comments are so far off the mark and uncalled for.

I get you do not like me and I will not lose sleep over it.

I have not had the time with work to get to Aalst.

As for the pub people were not interested so it was left.

Now can we get back to the original reason for the post.

Matthew does not have an account. If you saw what happend please email mr.

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 76
roundballovalhole
December 28, 2011, 3:36pm
Guest User
I have had a bit of p1ss take banter about ian's ideas for the club as much as anyone. fair play to him, he came up with the same ideas that it took the trust 1/2 a million quids worth of shares and an elected committee to come up with!
In this instance, i think he just wants a bit of justice for the town lads.  
Reply: 22 - 76
bobbyboxer
December 28, 2011, 4:42pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
i never saw that incident but that mob if thats wat you can call it they was f ing embarrasing by any stretch of the imagination bunch of scruffy divs sorry to hear they picked on the wrong people just wan'@ers mate
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 76
moosey_club
December 28, 2011, 6:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,335
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from MCT_grimsby
Hi all, i am the lad who got arrested after the game on boxing day and i do require help... i orginally got arrested for AFFRAY but then i got to the police station and they must of realised they didnt have evidence so theyve dropped it to a section 4 public order act which i was told by my solicitor isnt to bad. Personally i think the lincoln police didn't care about grimsby supporters saftey,i was with 3 friends and a 50 year old man,we was confronted by 20/30 lincoln fans who came towards us as we was walking to our car, i acted in self defence and threw a punch at 2 lads who had chased my friend over the road...the next thing im in the back of the police van arrested. The lincolnshire police are asking for a ban as this was after a football match, so i need anyone to come forward who see the incident please!!!

Not sure that is self defence is it? So they may have you by the short and curlys there....
However you have four witnesses and if one of them is a 50 yr old then you should be able to present a pretty realistic account of what happened to verify your actions in a threatening situation.
If however you gave a full statement at the time of the arrest without a brief present and described attempting to hit two people then again you may have said too much already for your own good.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 76
Marinerz93
December 28, 2011, 6:57pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
So you were confronted by 20/30 Lincoln fans who attacked your group of 3.  Self defence if ever I've seen it, it doesn't matter how many punches you throw, if you feel in danger and think you will end up seriously injured then you may use the minimum amount of force as necessary to ensure your own safety and that of your group.

I'd get a good solicitor and put a complaint in straight away on the officer who arrested you and the senior office in charge.

Heard it all now 20/30 toothless bell ringers attacking 3 fella's, one who is in his 50's.  There was enough OB in unmarked cars and at the park to have known and saw what went on.  I hope you get some witnesses to this pathetic assault.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 76
grimps
December 28, 2011, 7:02pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,198
Gold Stars: 51
Quoted from MCT_grimsby

Alright mate
Well whatever you do dont plead guilty.the police will say'' look we've lowerd the charge and you'll get a slapped wrist'
the fact they have already lowerd the charge means they have nothing on you .you wont be going to prison if you get found guilty of a section 4.get a solicitor and fight it all they we .once they know your willing to fight the charge they'll probably drop it anyway.
too many people take the guilty option when theres a great chance of being found not guilty on football charges .if you go guilty they'll ban you and get a fine .if you go not guilty they'll ban you and you'll get a fine ...so what you got to lose ?
get as many witness statements as you can because you can be sure the aggressive lincoln fans will not turn up in court or give statements
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 76
brad_gtfc
December 28, 2011, 7:14pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
All depends what you said on interview really.
Also, if they threw no punches at you, then your copulated no matter how threatened you felt.

The section 4 will just be a ban and a fine.

If they threw a punch or kick at you then definitely go not guilty.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 76
grimps
December 28, 2011, 7:19pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from brad_gtfc
Also, if they threw no punches at you, then your copulated no matter how threatened you felt.

If 20 people are threatening you then your well within your rights to deffend yourself ,waiting for them to assult you first is not the best option.
Not guilty all the way or you'll just become another easy satistic for the inept lincolnshire police force
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 76
I believe in Cod
December 28, 2011, 7:19pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +14 / -3
I cannot beleive VOR your comments are ridiculous, there's no need to jump on Ian's back, and its quite ironic that you say he just wants the limelight, when this is all you have done in this post. I suggest you change your username to something more appropriate like Voice Of Shite.

As for the incident, we were in the car going past the park when we heard police vans arriving, i didnt see anything that happened, but I hope you do not get banned for this, you should fight it all the way, excuse the pun.

Respect to Ian too for trying to help!

Colour my life with the chaos of trouble.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 76
mariner91
December 28, 2011, 7:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,918
Gold Stars: 264
Quoted from brad_gtfc

Not sure thats quite right. Assault is defined by the law as:
a. An unlawful threat or attempt to do bodily injury to another.
b. The act or an instance of unlawfully threatening or attempting to injure another.

If 20/30 Lincoln fans have chased after this group of 4, across a road, that would suggest they are going to attack them. In court he could quite easily claim to have felt threatened by their behaviour and fearing he may have been seriously injured due to being seriously outnumbered by them punched out in self defence. A lot of people think its only assault if they actually hit you, its not. It seems quite obvious they were behaving in a threatening way so they were assaulting him therefore he was acting in self defence.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 76
December 28, 2011, 7:34pm
Guest User
I know the lad in question. He is a top lad and isn't a hooligan. I know he is innocent - the trouble is it costs a lot of money to defend yourself and I doubt his work will be too keen on him taking time off to attend court. I hope he goes not guilty all the way if the CPS press charges.

It would be nice if PC Dodds stood up for him but there's more chance of Sergio Aguero signing for Town.
Reply: 31 - 76
Marinerz93
December 28, 2011, 7:37pm

Barley Wine Drinker
He has to put a complaint in against the Officer who arrested him and the Senior Officer in charge of him.  The grounds are plain and simple, the 20/30 didn't get into cars, they ran off.  Therefore the Police failed to stop them getting into the car park and attacking a group of 3.  Luckily they were pansies and no one got seriously hurt.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 76
Simariner
December 28, 2011, 7:38pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.46
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +505
Quoted from 75

It would be nice if PC Dodds stood up for him but there's more chance of Sergio Aguero signing for Town.

I don't know...... I saw him in millfields earlier.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 33 - 76
Mariner Ronnie
December 28, 2011, 7:40pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Marinerz93
So you were confronted by 20/30 Lincoln fans who attacked your group of 3.  Self defence if ever I've seen it, it doesn't matter how many punches you throw, if you feel in danger and think you will end up seriously injured then you may use the minimum amount of force as necessary to ensure your own safety and that of your group.

I'd get a good solicitor and put a complaint in straight away on the officer who arrested you and the senior office in charge.

Heard it all now 20/30 toothless bell ringers attacking 3 fella's, one who is in his 50's.  There was enough OB in unmarked cars and at the park to have known and saw what went on.  I hope you get some witnesses to this pathetic assault.

WHS

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 76
gary_elton
December 28, 2011, 8:49pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Simariner

I don't know...... I saw him in millfields earlier.

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 76
acko338
December 28, 2011, 8:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,209
Gold Stars: 33
Go for a free 30 minute chat with John Booth or one of the other people at Beetenson & Gibbons.

Get as much evidence or names of witnesses in advance for your talk with them.

Does the lad belong to a union in his job?

They would usually help out for all types of cases that would take workers out of the normal worktime and lose them money.

Around £8 to £9 per month is nothing to ensure legal help 24 / 7 - mine covers me and ALL my immediate family as well, so check if his family are in unions for free legal help.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 76
marinerian
December 28, 2011, 9:57pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Also contact the Football Supporters Federation (FSF) they have featured many unjust police treatment.

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 76
codcheeky
December 28, 2011, 10:09pm
Cocktail Drinker
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,260
Gold Stars: 31
if it happens has you say plead not guilty especially if you have a clean record.. i was charged then offered a caution 18 months ago (even this is a lot more wide ranging than the police make out) ... they are just looking for easy convictions for their figures... it is very doubtful they will even go to court without a victim to say you attempted to hit them, you will get all legal expenses back when found not guilty
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 76
MCT_grimsby
December 28, 2011, 10:21pm

Beer Drinker
I am going to plead not guilty and fight it all the way no matter how much it takes, the police have CCTV of 2 Lincoln fans chasing one of my friends down the street as I ran away from the 20 Lincoln I see the 2gimps about to gain my friend so I intervened, I am going to contact the supporters federation tomorrow and see what they have to say, but as from now I can't go to any football games until I've been to court!! GUTTED isnt the word.

UTM!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 76
Marinerz93
December 28, 2011, 10:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from MCT_grimsby
I am going to plead not guilty and fight it all the way no matter how much it takes, the police have CCTV of 2 Lincoln fans chasing one of my friends down the street as I ran away from the 20 Lincoln I see the 2gimps about to gain my friend so I intervened, I am going to contact the supporters federation tomorrow and see what they have to say, but as from now I can't go to any football games until I've been to court!! GUTTED isnt the word.

Was any or all of you wearing Town scarfs, shirts, hats and the like, how did they pick you out.

Private Message
Reply: 40 - 76
marinerian
December 28, 2011, 10:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
They may have seen us chatting and celebrating near the gate. They were to the left of the bridge as you look out the ground.

The old bill will screw you over having CCTV may help and having the FSF will be big boost.

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 76
GYinScuntland
December 28, 2011, 10:51pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Quoted from acko338
Go for a free 30 minute chat with John Booth or one of the other people at Beetenson & Gibbons.

Get as much evidence or names of witnesses in advance for your talk with them.

Does the lad belong to a union in his job?

They would usually help out for all types of cases that would take workers out of the normal worktime and lose them money.

Around £8 to £9 per month is nothing to ensure legal help 24 / 7 - mine covers me and ALL my immediate family as well, so check if his family are in unions for free legal help.

Good advice regarding the union solicitor. Most union solicitors will take on the family members as you say. I have had the benefit of this myself on more than one occasion for both criminal cases and motoring claims. Wish I could get it for £8/9 though lol.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 76
MCT_grimsby
December 28, 2011, 10:57pm

Beer Drinker
We was at the front of all the town fans, don't know if you noticed but as town fans where heading out the ground they was stood on the foot bridge, im
Guessing thats how they knew, hopefully the Grimsby police and stewards give there fans rough justice on new years day

UTM!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 76
Marinerz93
December 28, 2011, 11:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Grimsby Police and stewards will only give Town fans rough justice unfortunately.  As our stewards were in our end I think it's a sure bet their stewards will do the same when the toothless bell ringers come here.  If you were wearing Town scarfs, shirts etc it would give you more ammunition in that you were targeted.

Private Message
Reply: 44 - 76
grimps
December 28, 2011, 11:46pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from MCT_grimsby
We was at the front of all the town fans, don't know if you noticed but as town fans where heading out the ground they was stood on the foot bridge, im
Guessing thats how they knew, hopefully the Grimsby police and stewards give there fans rough justice on new years day

You'll be able to get free legal aid anyway ,go to lidsters or Forman  for some advice and they'll tell you that you wont have to pay a thing.
any charge that has the threat of prison you automatically get it free.
This is something the police know so they often try and charge you with something less serious that dosnt carry a prison sentance ,this is why so many football fans accept bans because they cant afford to pay for their legal fee's and just take it on the chin.
If what you say is true this case will not see a court because the old bill will not want to look stupid and i doubt they'd even hand it over to the CPS
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 76
Pontoon Steve
December 29, 2011, 11:26am

Lager Top Drinker
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +6
Quoted from marinerian
They may have seen us chatting and celebrating near the gate. They were to the left of the bridge as you look out the ground.

The old bill will screw you over having CCTV may help and having the FSF will be big boost.

The group you are on about, i saw  them as we were crossing the bridge me, the wife and son all had shirts and scarfs on, felt very intimidating, think the only thing that stopped it in that area was the unmarked police car.

[URL=http://s1157.photobucket.com/user/steve427/media/Planes/Football/2012_01_21_8342-2.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p594/steve427/Planes/Football/2012_01_21_8342-2.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 76
marinerian
December 29, 2011, 12:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Pontoon Steve

The group you are on about, i saw  them as we were crossing the bridge me, the wife and son all had shirts and scarfs on, felt very intimidating, think the only thing that stopped it in that area was the unmarked police car.

Would you give a statement saying just that? I saw them and held back for my safety.

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 76
Marinerz93
December 29, 2011, 12:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker

I was crossing the bridge talking to you, if you remember I said the bigger club won, to which your wife said and the better.  The group was stood on the corner of shakespeare street and knight street.  I thought they were only after towns element and I didn't think they were after scarfers.  Did they say anything to you Steve.

Private Message
Reply: 48 - 76
marinerian
December 29, 2011, 12:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

I was crossing the bridge talking to you, if you remember I said the bigger club won, to which your wife said and the better.  The group was stood on the corner of shakespeare street and knight street.  I thought they were only after towns element and I didn't think they were after scarfers.  Did they say anything to you Steve.

There was enough old bill to see tgem and they failed in their job!

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 76
NorfolkImp
December 29, 2011, 1:00pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +11 / -10
Approval: -524
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from grimps

You'll be able to get free legal aid anyway ,go to lidsters or Forman  for some advice and they'll tell you that you wont have to pay a thing.
any charge that has the threat of prison you automatically get it free.
This is something the police know so they often try and charge you with something less serious that dosnt carry a prison sentance ,this is why so many football fans accept bans because they cant afford to pay for their legal fee's and just take it on the chin.
If what you say is true this case will not see a court because the old bill will not want to look stupid and i doubt they'd even hand it over to the CPS

WHS

Keep calm, and I'll wager the case will be dropped, especially if you are as squeaky clean as you make out with no previous!

Private Message
Reply: 50 - 76
Pontoon Steve
December 29, 2011, 2:12pm

Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from marinerian

Would you give a statement saying just that? I saw them and held back for my safety.

YES

[URL=http://s1157.photobucket.com/user/steve427/media/Planes/Football/2012_01_21_8342-2.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p594/steve427/Planes/Football/2012_01_21_8342-2.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 76
Pontoon Steve
December 29, 2011, 2:21pm

Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

Didn't say a thing to them, was more concerned with getting the wife back to the car, as she is not very mobile due to both her knees being damaged, hence the reason we park on the Hihg Sreet around the corner from this street, not to far to walk.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 76
marinerian
December 29, 2011, 4:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
YES

Excellent, if you could get those who were with you to give statements it may give him a much better chance for a solicitor to fight from a few angles.

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 76
Marmite
December 29, 2011, 5:51pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
From what I heard, this guy ran at Lincoln who numbered about the same amount swinging his fists, Lincoln numbers then got swelled by their youth and he came off second best albeit largely outnumbered. I know that I will get shot down for this but is this what being a fan is all about?

In general we have a good group of well behaved loyal fans who get treated like sh*t by away stewards because of the behaviour of a very small minority and I for one am sick of it!! The club that we all love also payes for their behaviour by way of extra Police costs, where would you rather have the money go? I know where I want to see it go come the 1st of January and its not on bloody Police bills!! grrrr

Another question for this guy, have you not been subject to a banning order before??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 76
NorfolkImp
December 29, 2011, 5:58pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Marmite
From what I heard, this guy ran at Lincoln who numbered about the same amount swinging his fists, Lincoln numbers then got swelled by their youth and he came of second best albeit largely outnumbered. I know that I will get shot down for this but is this what being a fan is all about?

In general we have a good group of well behaved loyal fans who get treated like sh*t by away stewards because of the behaviour of a very small minority and I for one am sick of it!! The club that we all love also payes for their behaviour by way of extra Police costs, where would you rather have the money go? I know where I want to see it go come the 1st of January and its not on bloody Police bills!! grrrr

Another question for this guy, have you not been subject to a banning order before??

If he has a 'squeaky clean' record he won't have any problem will he?  

Private Message
Reply: 55 - 76
Marmite
December 29, 2011, 6:01pm
Shandy Drinker
Quoted from NorfolkImp

If he has a 'squeaky clean' record he won't have any problem will he?  

From someone that witnessed it, they said that he's one of our normal lot that likes this kind of thing and has served a Police ban before!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 76
ticker_1610
December 29, 2011, 6:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
To be honest I would have gone to the assistance of my friends, firstly out of concern for their safety, so if running at them is an offence then so be it. Previous record or not, Lincs finest failed in their duty to protect the public from a marauding group of hooligans bent on seeking trouble. This group was spotted by numerous other town fans but not the police. It's a farce
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 76
1mickylyons
December 29, 2011, 6:10pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from ticker_1610
To be honest I would have gone to the assistance of my friends, firstly out of concern for their safety, so if running at them is an offence then so be it. Previous record or not, Lincs finest failed in their duty to protect the public from a marauding group of hooligans bent on seeking trouble. This group was spotted by numerous other town fans but not the police. It's a farce

I can personally guarantee it would have been no accident the OB are probably building up a case against the Lincoln Youth and they will have to film x amount of incidents before they nick them all.If you single out the Boxing Day game there Youth were responsible for both hooligan talking points it seems so Plod will be happy and our fan was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 76
Marmite
December 29, 2011, 6:10pm
Shandy Drinker
Quoted from ticker_1610

Agreed, the Police were out in large numbers and this should never have happened.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 76
marinerian
December 29, 2011, 6:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ticker_1610

Exactly, previous has nothing to do with this as any time has been served. Secondly he was with family members and friends near their car, so that argument doesn't mean anything. It will be interesting to see what happens and what evidence they have too.

Why were these lads allowed to leave early and not monitored would be my main question.

Second how can the police fail to see them near and on the bridge?

Third why was a large group of youth who had caused an incident in the ground not arrested?

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 76
alvinghammariner
December 29, 2011, 7:34pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +32 / -7
Approval: +114

Same, i was in my top with my dad and i saw them across the river heading over the bridge, it was quite intimidating, then we got the the car park and were passed by a load of riot vans.

Now based in reading, do I class as an exile yet?
http://twitter.com/#!/HenryBarber
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 76
upthestripes
December 29, 2011, 10:58pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
5 pages and not a single South Park joke.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 76
aaron rattray
December 29, 2011, 11:26pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
well me and my dad was wearing town shirts and they was visible below our jackets so before we left the ground we tucked our shirts in looked right there was lincoln fans with sticks  and so we ran like mad we must of ran 100 meteres in like 5 seconds it was very scary

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 76
marinerian
December 30, 2011, 12:13am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Marmite
From what I heard, this guy ran at Lincoln who numbered about the same amount swinging his fists, Lincoln numbers then got swelled by their youth and he came off second best albeit largely outnumbered. I know that I will get shot down for this but is this what being a fan is all about?

Isn't it funny that only the Grimsby fan was arrested in this incident? Yet 20 lads could have been charged for affray for persuing and intimidating a group of people in public?

You tell us what he was banned for if you know so much?

Did his ban come from Mansfield involving stewards and Nottinghamshire police?

You seem to know a lot and certainly seem to know more than you are letting on, or is it just me thinking this?

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 76
marinerian
December 30, 2011, 12:16am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from alvinghammariner

Same, i was in my top with my dad and i saw them across the river heading over the bridge, it was quite intimidating, then we got the the car park and were passed by a load of riot vans.

Will you be prepared to put this in a statement? Not asking you what to put, just what you saw and how you felt?

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 76
Pontoon Steve
December 30, 2011, 9:59am

Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from aaron rattray
well me and my dad was wearing town shirts and they was visible below our jackets so before we left the ground we tucked our shirts in looked right there was lincoln fans with sticks  and so we ran like mad we must of ran 100 meteres in like 5 seconds it was very scary

Take it that with 100 metres time of 5 seconds, you and your dad are taking part in the 2012 olympics. Looking at those times GB will get gold and silver in the 100metre sprint and a new world record, and GB will also get gold in the 4 x 100 metre relay with a new world record time of approx 28 seconds.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 76
ticker_1610
December 30, 2011, 10:12am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
Ratface probably moved so fast aided by his Red Bull (Shiite). Bet their car stunk of poo all the way home!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 76
Helgy
December 30, 2011, 10:41am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
Quoted from upthestripes
5 pages and not a single South Park joke.

You missed the sign then on the toilets on the South Park.

There is no copper in this building.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 76
NorfolkImp
December 30, 2011, 11:22am
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from marinerian

Exactly, previous has nothing to do with this as any time has been served. Secondly he was with family members and friends near their car, so that argument doesn't mean anything. It will be interesting to see what happens and what evidence they have too.

Why were these lads allowed to leave early and not monitored would be my main question.

Second how can the police fail to see them near and on the bridge?

Third why was a large group of youth who had caused an incident in the ground not arrested?

So he has got previous then ...... how naive are you Ian, this is football derby day we're talking about here, where common sense usually goes out of the window?

Sounds like wrong place, wrong time to me and yes he may have been intimidated and worried re: his families welfare, but sounds like he was a bit quick to use his fists, or used to doing so, hence his arrest.

I'm not saying he was wrong, and many of us would have probably done the same given the unfortunate circumstances, but sounds ominous to me  

Private Message
Reply: 69 - 76
Marinerz93
December 30, 2011, 11:30am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from NorfolkImp

So he has got previous then ...... how naive are you Ian, this is football derby day we're talking about here, where common sense usually goes out of the window?

Sounds like wrong place, wrong time to me and yes he may have been intimidated and worried re: his families welfare, but sounds like he was a bit quick to use his fists, or used to doing so, hence his arrest.

I'm not saying he was wrong, and many of us would have probably done the same given the unfortunate circumstances, but sounds ominous to me  

How can you say quick to use his fists because the 50 year old fella was being chased so he ran after them and clocked a few before the 50 year old bloke got a pasting, then he got nicked.  He also wouldn't be asking for witnesses because that can back fire.  It happened to me in a case of self defence one night on the lash.

Private Message
Reply: 70 - 76
marinerian
December 30, 2011, 12:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from NorfolkImp

Aryan I know what he got banned for and like myself was stitched up by Notts police. He wasn't banned for fighting with fans but anyway not my place to disclose all.

Also got a good idea who Marmite may be  

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 76
alvinghammariner
December 30, 2011, 12:56pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +32 / -7
Approval: +114
Quoted from marinerian

Will you be prepared to put this in a statement? Not asking you what to put, just what you saw and how you felt?

Yeah can do.

Now based in reading, do I class as an exile yet?
http://twitter.com/#!/HenryBarber
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 76
marinerian
December 30, 2011, 1:57pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from alvinghammariner

Yeah can do.

Many thanks.

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 76
dapperz fun pub
December 30, 2011, 2:07pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,080
Gold Stars: 85
the account i was told the lad did the only thing left open to him attack or be attacked unfortunately that in its self is a banning order now in the eyes of dodds
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 76
KK_DOG
December 30, 2011, 2:08pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +472
I might be wrong but surely you can only get a banning order if convicted.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 76
dapperz fun pub
December 30, 2011, 2:13pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,080
Gold Stars: 85
Quoted from KK_DOG
I might be wrong but surely you can only get a banning order if convicted.

i think thats correct but they will convict him of a breach of the peace,i hope im wrong buts thats the normal sketch
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 76
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › incident at South Park Common Lincoln

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.