incident at South Park Common Lincoln

This thread currently has 7,992 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
MCT_grimsby
December 28, 2011, 3:32pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Hi all, i am the lad who got arrested after the game on boxing day and i do require help... i orginally got arrested for AFFRAY but then i got to the police station and they must of realised they didnt have evidence so theyve dropped it to a section 4 public order act which i was told by my solicitor isnt to bad. Personally i think the lincoln police didn't care about grimsby supporters saftey,i was with 3 friends and a 50 year old man,we was confronted by 20/30 lincoln fans who came towards us as we was walking to our car, i acted in self defence and threw a punch at 2 lads who had chased my friend over the road...the next thing im in the back of the police van arrested. The lincolnshire police are asking for a ban as this was after a football match, so i need anyone to come forward who see the incident please!!!

UTM!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 76
marinerian
December 28, 2011, 3:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
Quoted from voice of reason

Seen it all before mate... It's not about helping others it's all about the limelight... Anyway just saying it as I see it, that's what these places are for isn't it...??? ya know just like you're saying it as you see it when calling me a sharp object...

Your comments are so far off the mark and uncalled for.

I get you do not like me and I will not lose sleep over it.

I have not had the time with work to get to Aalst.

As for the pub people were not interested so it was left.

Now can we get back to the original reason for the post.

Matthew does not have an account. If you saw what happend please email mr.

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 76
roundballovalhole
December 28, 2011, 3:36pm
Guest User
I have had a bit of p1ss take banter about ian's ideas for the club as much as anyone. fair play to him, he came up with the same ideas that it took the trust 1/2 a million quids worth of shares and an elected committee to come up with!
In this instance, i think he just wants a bit of justice for the town lads.  
Reply: 22 - 76
bobbyboxer
December 28, 2011, 4:42pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
i never saw that incident but that mob if thats wat you can call it they was f ing embarrasing by any stretch of the imagination bunch of scruffy divs sorry to hear they picked on the wrong people just wan'@ers mate
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 76
moosey_club
December 28, 2011, 6:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,335
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from MCT_grimsby
Hi all, i am the lad who got arrested after the game on boxing day and i do require help... i orginally got arrested for AFFRAY but then i got to the police station and they must of realised they didnt have evidence so theyve dropped it to a section 4 public order act which i was told by my solicitor isnt to bad. Personally i think the lincoln police didn't care about grimsby supporters saftey,i was with 3 friends and a 50 year old man,we was confronted by 20/30 lincoln fans who came towards us as we was walking to our car, i acted in self defence and threw a punch at 2 lads who had chased my friend over the road...the next thing im in the back of the police van arrested. The lincolnshire police are asking for a ban as this was after a football match, so i need anyone to come forward who see the incident please!!!

Not sure that is self defence is it? So they may have you by the short and curlys there....
However you have four witnesses and if one of them is a 50 yr old then you should be able to present a pretty realistic account of what happened to verify your actions in a threatening situation.
If however you gave a full statement at the time of the arrest without a brief present and described attempting to hit two people then again you may have said too much already for your own good.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 76
Marinerz93
December 28, 2011, 6:57pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
So you were confronted by 20/30 Lincoln fans who attacked your group of 3.  Self defence if ever I've seen it, it doesn't matter how many punches you throw, if you feel in danger and think you will end up seriously injured then you may use the minimum amount of force as necessary to ensure your own safety and that of your group.

I'd get a good solicitor and put a complaint in straight away on the officer who arrested you and the senior office in charge.

Heard it all now 20/30 toothless bell ringers attacking 3 fella's, one who is in his 50's.  There was enough OB in unmarked cars and at the park to have known and saw what went on.  I hope you get some witnesses to this pathetic assault.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 76
grimps
December 28, 2011, 7:02pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,178
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from MCT_grimsby

Alright mate
Well whatever you do dont plead guilty.the police will say'' look we've lowerd the charge and you'll get a slapped wrist'
the fact they have already lowerd the charge means they have nothing on you .you wont be going to prison if you get found guilty of a section 4.get a solicitor and fight it all they we .once they know your willing to fight the charge they'll probably drop it anyway.
too many people take the guilty option when theres a great chance of being found not guilty on football charges .if you go guilty they'll ban you and get a fine .if you go not guilty they'll ban you and you'll get a fine ...so what you got to lose ?
get as many witness statements as you can because you can be sure the aggressive lincoln fans will not turn up in court or give statements
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 76
brad_gtfc
December 28, 2011, 7:14pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
All depends what you said on interview really.
Also, if they threw no punches at you, then your copulated no matter how threatened you felt.

The section 4 will just be a ban and a fine.

If they threw a punch or kick at you then definitely go not guilty.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 76
grimps
December 28, 2011, 7:19pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,178
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from brad_gtfc
All depends what you said on interview really.
Also, if they threw no punches at you, then your copulated no matter how threatened you felt.

The section 4 will just be a ban and a fine.

If they threw a punch or kick at you then definitely go not guilty.

If 20 people are threatening you then your well within your rights to deffend yourself ,waiting for them to assult you first is not the best option.
Not guilty all the way or you'll just become another easy satistic for the inept lincolnshire police force
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 76
I believe in Cod
December 28, 2011, 7:19pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +14 / -3
I cannot beleive VOR your comments are ridiculous, there's no need to jump on Ian's back, and its quite ironic that you say he just wants the limelight, when this is all you have done in this post. I suggest you change your username to something more appropriate like Voice Of Shite.

As for the incident, we were in the car going past the park when we heard police vans arriving, i didnt see anything that happened, but I hope you do not get banned for this, you should fight it all the way, excuse the pun.

Respect to Ian too for trying to help!

Colour my life with the chaos of trouble.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 76
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › incident at South Park Common Lincoln

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.