Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 86 Guests

The Play Offs - Is it likely

This thread currently has 3,829 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
December 29, 2011, 12:33pm
Guest User
Quoted from aaron rattray
if people stop sitting at home or checking the score on here and get to the gamr that will improve our finances and make it easier. GET TO THE GAMES

IMO ! thats the best ever post you have made on here Aaron well done young man  
Reply: 40 - 57
Dan
December 29, 2011, 1:52pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
I don't think we'll make it this season, and financially, next season it could be too late...

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 57
davmariner
December 29, 2011, 2:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,973
Gold Stars: 79
Because I'm such a sad illegitimate I've calculated the average points total that the 5th team in the playoffs finished on in the last 5 years, which is 79. So that would mean we would need at least another 44 points from the next 21 games (as we're currently on 35) which would mean we'd need just over 2 points from every game. 44 points looks a lot but in terms of wins it'd take 15 wins to take us to 80 points.

I think we can win these matches:

Lincoln (H)
Alfreton (A)
Bath (H)
Barrow (A)
Hayes (A)
Braintree (H)
Tamworth (H)
Darlo (A)

This isn't anywhere near 79 points so IMHO I don't think we'll manage it this year.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 57
psgmariner
December 29, 2011, 2:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Darlo going in to admin will help but still a massive long shot.

Private Message
Reply: 43 - 57
cod.gtfc
December 29, 2011, 3:31pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
To those who keep saying there are 63 points to play for so 10 points to make up is nothing need to realise those teams in the top 5 don't drop points easily, so everytime we win theres a good chance they will win too, hence why its difficult to make up the gap, and hence why history shows teams don't make up 10 point gaps with less than half a season to go.

Southport have lost 6, the others have lost 3 or 4, with less than half the season left you expect them to lose another 4 minimum while we win/draw for the rest of the season and not lose

Not likely, be like me and be happy with finishing 10th-12th after the poor start we had and be estactic if we somehow scrape 5th, instead of thinking we can finish in the play-offs and being upset when we don't.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 57
Fishfinger
December 29, 2011, 3:46pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +46 / -6
Approval: +144
Quoted from cod.gtfc
To those who keep saying there are 63 points to play for so 10 points to make up is nothing need to realise those teams in the top 5 don't drop points easily, so everytime we win theres a good chance they will win too, hence why its difficult to make up the gap, and hence why history shows teams don't make up 10 point gaps with less than half a season to go.

Southport have lost 6, the others have lost 3 or 4, with less than half the season left you expect them to lose another 4 minimum while we win/draw for the rest of the season and not lose

Not likely, be like me and be happy with finishing 10th-12th after the poor start we had and be estactic if we somehow scrape 5th, instead of thinking we can finish in the play-offs and being upset when we don't.

Very well said, we can't just rely on ourselves. It's out of our hands and I think we shouldn't be too disappointed if we finish 9th-12th place
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 57
Super Clive
December 29, 2011, 7:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Of course its likely we only have 1 defeat in 13 games and even that was in extra time to a team a league lower granted but as soon as we sort our way form out  and go for the kill we can easily make a serge
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 57
aaron rattray
December 29, 2011, 9:18pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Quoted from Super Clive
Of course its likely we only have 1 defeat in 13 games and even that was in extra time to a team a league lower granted but as soon as we sort our way form out  and go for the kill we can easily make a serge

a serge with serge makofo? the next barrymore strikes again

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 57
aaron rattray
December 29, 2011, 9:19pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Quoted from Super Clive

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 57
davmariner
December 29, 2011, 9:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,973
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from aaron rattray

Good lord, stop it my sides are splitting..

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 57
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Play Offs - Is it likely

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.