Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Message from John Fenty
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 8 Guests

Message from John Fenty

This thread currently has 72,794 views. Print
35 Pages Prev ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 Next All Recommend Thread
Quagmire
November 9, 2011, 3:00pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +932
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from forza ivano

as i said in another thread i await the posting of your business and financial plans with baited breath..........

As simplistic as it sounds you only have a deficit and a requirement for a benefactor if you spend more money than what comes in.

To that end with over 50 full time staff and 1.8 million per year wage bill this is where I'd start.  Assuming the playing budget is 900k per year as has been reported we are spending 17k per week on other salaries - at our level do we need over 50 full time employees?  Could we manage with 50% of that number? I think Lincoln are looking at reducing their full time staff number which, from what I've read, is already down to just 20.

An extra £1 per game ticket increase  x 2800 people x 23 games = extra 65k

Directors expenses no longer paid by the club = 50k per year savings based upon this years accounts.

Mr Fentys pension payment renegotiated to be repaid 'when the time comes in' saves 50k

Reduction in playing budget for 2012/13 - no idea here re potential savings but allowing players whose contracts expire in 2012 to leave would free up funds. Kenny Arthur @ 700 pw guesstimate = 36k saving

A full-on campaign to try and entice the stayaways back to boost revenue.

Whatever happens we have to move away from this dependency on outside investors to keep the club going.

I would like to see increased emphasis placed on the youngsters and in particular something created so that players between 18 and 21 are kept on longer and developed longer term rather than very few 'making it' with the rest jettisoned - and yes I realise this will cost the club financially.

At the end of the day wages are our biggest cost and we need to find a way to start controlling this aspect and I think a greater reliance on producing our own rather than already established pros is probably the only way forward.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 270 - 348
psgmariner
November 9, 2011, 3:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Just to add to this Chester City made a profit of around £800k this year.

Private Message
Reply: 271 - 348
Squarkus
November 9, 2011, 3:08pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295
easy to do when you have cleared all your past debt and have a foundation to build from with no overheads
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 272 - 348
mick the mariner
November 9, 2011, 3:08pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Quoted from Quagmire

I thought that your brother had agreed to fund the club until the end of the season anyway?  I was under the impression that he and Parker had agreed to split the projected million pound deficit for the season 50/50 with Parker having invested his half million in shares thus sparking off this recent spat.

Are you saying we need additional funding this season or will John not fund his share of the previously agreed funding unless he is in a position of authority?

If your brother returns to the role of Chairman how much longer is he willing to fund the clubs losses?

Even the most ardent anti-Fentyite cannot argue that he hasn't put the time and effort in, as well as loaning the club money - my personal view is that the amount of money he has loaned the club is directly proportional to his mismanagement of a now shambolic football club - but where has that got us?

In the 9 years since he became major shareholder and thus string puller we have plummeted from the Championship to the lower reaches of non-league and become a shambles of an outfit both on and off the pitch.

I was so hopeful for a change in fortunes when Mike Parker became involved. I hoped that at last we had somebody involved who would run the club properly.  Unfortunately I fear that the club will continue to be poorly run and badly financially 'managed' if your brother returns.

In his 9 years pulling the strings he has proven without a shadow of doubt that he is incapable of running a football club and I see absolutely no change in fortunes whilst he is involved in any capacity at the club.

His 'plan' appears to based on hope and luck, spending way in excess of our income on wages in the hope that the team do well which, hopefully, reduces or possibly negates entirely the predicted yearly losses. This 'plan' has been used year on year in the hope that our luck changes, or to use one of his favourite phrases, when the tide comes in it will come in quick, but this 'plan' has failed time and time again!

I personally hope that people voting at the AGM vote against him returning as a director let alone Chairman. It is my hope that the club will be run within its means and that particular emphasis and work is focused on attracting back the thousands of fans that have had enough of your brothers failure-ridden reign.

Finally, I know he doesn't like people name calling or 'being nasty' via the media, has he apologised to Serge yet re calling him a disaster of a signing in the Telegraph?

Well said that man.
Private Message
Reply: 273 - 348
Squarkus
November 9, 2011, 3:13pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295
some realy good points Quagmire
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 274 - 348
Super Clive
November 9, 2011, 4:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Quoted from kamakazebear
My favourite part from all this is watching those that did pathetically insult him over and over again now desperately attempting to apologise in other threads and declaring their love for him. Brilliant move John, you've shut them up.  

Are you referring to me? If so then you're wrong miles off in fact.

Quoted from Super Clive
Good of fenty to spend 5 hours chatting to a fan of course it is big respect to him for that its the least he can do and know I haven't got any cash to save the club but what I would like is a plan for the future what ever that may be  and no not talk of moving grounds because that is impossible to achieve in this climate its another false hope that won't happen in uif next 5 years I would like fenty to come out with a plan that's achievable  and clever that will get up out of this mess or at least give me some confidence in his ability to run the club, he's a clever man you don't make millions by being a imbecile the's no doubting that, the personal abuse he has received from me and others has been quite frankly disgusting I'm not proud of that and I apologise, I'm just ashamed of my club livid even although that doesn't give me the right to throw personal abuse at jf or the gtfc board I feel they deserve criticism but not the personal abuse that I and other have bashed out which was out of order and I accept that, all we want is to pulltin the right direction and abusing john was not the route to go down to achieve that. We all love this club and I feel totally hopeless at the moment while I see the club sink lower and lower all I want to see is what he has planned to get up out of this mess I suppose we will get answers at the agm sorry for spelling and  that put typed on my touch screen and its a reet challenge

If you are referring to me then this is my post on the JF sorry thread created by Big easy.

I'm Not my declaring love for John at all and IMO neither is thebigeasy, after reading tbe's op, I didn't even know half of the things that were in place existed and was being naive and a bit of a cun t and I hold my hands up to that, He deservers criticism but the abuse I  was giving him was out of order there is no two ways about that and this isn't an excuse but alot of things are getting on top of me atm not naming them but after seeing the accounts of the GETS sale of BP headline I saw red and started to keyboard bash which of course was totally the wrong thing to do. People can call me all they like nothing will change I STILL LOVE MY CLUB.

IMO john is the wrong man for the job going on history but again I was being naive, can I really be picky? as forza has said in his post on the other thread Can i replace john myself? no I can't I'm just a confused teenager( Insert joke at my expense)   with no funds or knowhow to do so.

But what I would like to see is a plan from Mr Fenty on who to get us out of the mess we are in IF he gets voted chair at the AGM if that means having a chat with John again then so be it, I will do that.

A few people know me on here I'm town through and through and can easily get carried away with things, maybe just because I'm 'young' or 'thick' but at the end of the day I only what the best for my club, Of course I say stupid things some/most of the time mainly tongue in cheek etc.

I just hope GTFC survives for a long time yet say I can (probably the wrong word) but Groom my future children into supporting their local club and seeing it thrive like my Granddad did and Father,

Anyways UTM.
Private Message
Reply: 275 - 348
psgmariner
November 9, 2011, 4:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
So what you are saying is that you're a confused teenager who wants to groom children?

Private Message
Reply: 276 - 348
marinerjase
November 9, 2011, 4:20pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,664
Gold Stars: 147

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 277 - 348
Super Clive
November 9, 2011, 4:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Quoted from psgmariner
So what you are saying is that you're a confused teenager who wants to groom children?

If thats your opinion then ......   oh dear I knew I shouldn't of used that word.
Private Message
Reply: 278 - 348
forza ivano
November 9, 2011, 4:55pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,264
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Quagmire

As simplistic as it sounds you only have a deficit and a requirement for a benefactor if you spend more money than what comes in.

To that end with over 50 full time staff and 1.8 million per year wage bill this is where I'd start.  Assuming the playing budget is 900k per year as has been reported we are spending 17k per week on other salaries - at our level do we need over 50 full time employees?  Could we manage with 50% of that number? I think Lincoln are looking at reducing their full time staff number which, from what I've read, is already down to just 20.

An extra £1 per game ticket increase  x 2800 people x 23 games = extra 65k

Directors expenses no longer paid by the club = 50k per year savings based upon this years accounts.

Mr Fentys pension payment renegotiated to be repaid 'when the time comes in' saves 50k

Reduction in playing budget for 2012/13 - no idea here re potential savings but allowing players whose contracts expire in 2012 to leave would free up funds. Kenny Arthur @ 700 pw guesstimate = 36k saving

A full-on campaign to try and entice the stayaways back to boost revenue.

Whatever happens we have to move away from this dependency on outside investors to keep the club going.

I would like to see increased emphasis placed on the youngsters and in particular something created so that players between 18 and 21 are kept on longer and developed longer term rather than very few 'making it' with the rest jettisoned - and yes I realise this will cost the club financially.

At the end of the day wages are our biggest cost and we need to find a way to start controlling this aspect and I think a greater reliance on producing our own rather than already established pros is probably the only way forward.

nice try but even doing all that only saves £650k pa and we're running a deficit of £900k p.a.. some of that wouldn't be savings - getting rid of arthur doesn't save £36k because you will still need to employ a back up keeper who is going to cost approx half of that. also directors still need to be paid expenses, particularly if they are not millionaires and are say trust members. people might be doing the club a favour but they still have to be compensated for their petrol, phone bills etc
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 279 - 348
35 Pages Prev ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Message from John Fenty

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.