Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Message from John Fenty
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 15 Guests

Message from John Fenty

This thread currently has 72,545 views. Print
35 Pages Prev ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 Next All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
November 11, 2011, 2:25pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from psgmariner

He did but he did so with the agreement of the Board.

Also as others have mentioned at the time most people were happy with his appointments (except Woods who even I could tell would be a disaster).

We have had a decent budget almost every season under Fenty.

whs.
poor old fenty - he's chosen in house managers, he's chosen outsiders, he's chosen old timers with good records, he's chosen newcomers with no records, he's chosen up and coming non leaguers, he's chosen youngsters, he's chosen old un's - and none of them (bar slade) have worked! this club is cursed I tell you, cursed!! we need an old gypsy and we need one fast !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 310 - 348
Wrawby_Mariner
November 11, 2011, 3:07pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from forza ivano

whs.
poor old fenty - he's chosen in house managers, he's chosen outsiders, he's chosen old timers with good records, he's chosen newcomers with no records, he's chosen up and coming non leaguers, he's chosen youngsters, he's chosen old un's - and none of them (bar slade) have worked! this club is cursed I tell you, cursed!! we need an old gypsy and we need one fast !!

gypo's at BP is the last thing we need IMO
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 311 - 348
biggles9999
November 11, 2011, 3:18pm
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +367
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

gypo's at BP is the last thing we need IMO

That's not the start of a Steve Wraith out campaign as well as a Fenty/Scott/Hurst out campaign is it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 312 - 348
lew chaterleys lover
November 11, 2011, 3:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,653
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from psgmariner

Surely you are not saying Fenty is to blame for a succession of managers choosing to buy crap players?!

Well yes I am in the sense that the budget clearly wasnt enough to attract decent players who would have kept us in the league,or give us a shot at promotion from this division.

The "competitive" budget clearly wasnt competitive enough to attract the sort of players that make a difference.The succession of managers clearly didnt have the budget smaller clubs had and therefore "had" to buy crap players.

I have said this many times before - but what the heck was the point in having a multi millionaire chairman in charge all those years to get us to this point?A poorly run club with a half hearted attitude to changing anything for the better.
Private Message
Reply: 313 - 348
psgmariner
November 11, 2011, 3:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33

Well yes I am in the sense that the budget clearly wasnt enough to attract decent players who would have kept us in the league,or give us a shot at promotion from this division.

The "competitive" budget clearly wasnt competitive enough to attract the sort of players that make a difference.The succession of managers clearly didnt have the budget smaller clubs had and therefore "had" to buy crap players.

I have said this many times before - but what the heck was the point in having a multi millionaire chairman in charge all those years to get us to this point?A poorly run club with a half hearted attitude to changing anything for the better.

Won't argue with the fact we have been poorly run but to say it's Fenty's fault that Woods wasted so much money on the likes of Tommy Wright, Lee Peacock and God knows who else is just wrong. We paid big bucks (Fenty's money) and the manager picked duds. Not just Woods I hasten to add. The current two have had a decent budget and I am sure it wasn't Fenty's idea to pay a fee for Anthony Elding....

You can blame Fenty for a lot of things, but not managers signing bad players.

Private Message
Reply: 314 - 348
lew chaterleys lover
November 11, 2011, 4:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,653
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from psgmariner

Won't argue with the fact we have been poorly run but to say it's Fenty's fault that Woods wasted so much money on the likes of Tommy Wright, Lee Peacock and God knows who else is just wrong. We paid big bucks (Fenty's money) and the manager picked duds. Not just Woods I hasten to add. The current two have had a decent budget and I am sure it wasn't Fenty's idea to pay a fee for Anthony Elding....

You can blame Fenty for a lot of things, but not managers signing bad players.

Not sure if you get my point.

The managers are responsible for the players they get,but remember we went years without paying a fee for anyone - Martin Gritton cost £5k if I remember when we were in the league.

Football is an expensive business and Fentys "big bucks" wasnt nearly big enough on the most important thing of all - quality players that would have made a difference.

Weve had to shop in the bargain basement section because so much money has been wasted;had the money been invested earlier on quality players we would never have been this low.
Private Message
Reply: 315 - 348
Ipswin
November 11, 2011, 4:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from forza ivano
well ipswin if your plan relies on getting lucky and quagmire believes that 'getting lucky' is the basis of Fenty's plan, then i know which 1 i'd prefer - the option with abit of cash behind it, which will mean it's got more chance

Sorry I thought I'd written in English - perhaps the words were a bit big for you.

Fenty's whole outlook appears to rely on 'getting lucky' (according to Rob) before the money runs out

I do not suscribe to waiting for luck at all, in fact its a total typical Fenty 'non-plan' in my opinion.

Unless Fenty or anyone else can put in REAL money (and I mean far in excess of the relatively small sums that Fenty has already chipped in) in order to buy our way out of this situation with good players and a good manager as opposed to journeymen and a pair of 'might bes' then we might as well cut our cloth, play the kids, run BP with 10 staff instead of 50 and quite simply save Fenty wasting more money

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 316 - 348
Ipswin
November 11, 2011, 4:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from psgmariner

He did but he did so with the agreement of the Board.

We have had a decent budget almost every season under Fenty.

FFS he WAS the board, if he said jump they said 'how high'

Yes we've had a 'decent' budget and look where it (hasn't) taken us thanks to the awful managerial appointments - perhaps he should have a plan to cut our cloth (and budget) drastically and save himself more wasted cash

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 317 - 348
dapperz fun pub
November 11, 2011, 4:19pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Ipswin

FFS he WAS the board, if he said jump they said 'how high'

Yes we've had a 'decent' budget and look where it (hasn't) taken us thanks to the awful managerial appointments - perhaps he should have a plan to cut our cloth (and budget) drastically and save himself more wasted cash

no wonder the bankrupt sparky nodded to everything then if he was asked to jump  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 318 - 348
Keelbysaint
November 11, 2011, 4:54pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Quoted from Ipswin

Sorry I thought I'd written in English - perhaps the words were a bit big for you.

Fenty's whole outlook appears to rely on 'getting lucky' (according to Rob) before the money runs out

I do not suscribe to waiting for luck at all, in fact its a total typical Fenty 'non-plan' in my opinion.

Unless Fenty or anyone else can put in REAL money (and I mean far in excess of the relatively small sums that Fenty has already chipped in) in order to buy our way out of this situation with good players and a good manager as opposed to journeymen and a pair of 'might bes' then we might as well cut our cloth, play the kids, run BP with 10 staff instead of 50 and quite simply save Fenty wasting more money

Its a great plan until you actually try it and people realise that they dont want to pay the current ticket prices to watch a bunch of kids with no hope of getting out of the league. This then has further implications as the budget will reduce further, meaning that we have even less chance of success.

This isn't to say the current situation is the most healthy, but it is very easy to say cut everything and play with a reduced budget until you actually have to pay to watch it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 319 - 348
35 Pages Prev ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Message from John Fenty

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.