ROKERITE
September 20, 2011, 12:38pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +425
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Chris

Are you talking about how many contributors to the Fishy? How exactly will you establish the percentages of people wanting a manager out without conducting a ballot of supporters? And then what qualifies the supporter to have a right of a say?

He reacts to message boards, letters in the paper, individual comments in the ground.

He takes each and every comment far too personally in my opinion. He should care less about the loudest voices in my opinion and stick more to the bigger picture, have patience and give things time. For this, read Alan Buckley and Neil Wooods, both of whom were sacked too early, largely because a few fans got grumpy on message boards.

I cannot agree. Buckley shouldn't have come back a third time and Woods should have been sacked in February or early March, 2010; had woods been replaced then I believed, and still believe, Grimsby would not have dropped out of the 92.
Now is the time that loyalty to, and patience with, managers is an essential virtue, rather than a fault. In H&S Mr Fenty has finally got it right. How sad if they are not able to complete their mission, either through financial difficulties at Blundell Park or because a new man at the top wants his own appointment. Obviously I haven't had the connection with the club throughout Mr Fenty's tenure that true supporters have had, but my impression of him has been more favourable than negative, certainly compared to chairmen of many other clubs I've come across.
Good Luck anyway, I hope this all works out well, rather than the nightmare scenario that others have correctly pointed out could be the case.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 26
sonik
September 20, 2011, 12:52pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Chris
Grimsby Town approached Alan Buckley, not the other way around. And an appalling winless run was side by side with a fantastic unbeaten run, which saw us as high as 9th and yet another Wembley appearence. This was also the last year Town mad a profit! Buckley worked with what he had and didnt demand a massive budget. Anyway, old arguments. My point stands. Fenty listens to the fans way too much, I've told him this and he denied it, so he agrees with you apparently which still doesnt make the tiniest bit of difference to me because I didnt believe him when he said it.

Chris.  I spoke to John recently saying that it's the fans that get managers the sack.  Shooting me down he said "Not one sacking has been influenced by fan pressure"  Believe it if you want!  UTM!

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 26
Denby
September 20, 2011, 1:07pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Quoted from grimsby pete

Can anybody else tell us why he is a bad chairman, ?

he lost control of the finances and continues to claim that we're in great financial shape
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 26
FishOutOfWater
September 20, 2011, 1:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Harry Haddock

Hindsight is a wonderful thing

Here's some hindsight for you....

http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10417~545705,00.html

As a football club, we need to market and shape our operation more effectively......a lot of water has been passed since then but imho not much has changed.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 23 - 26
Zmariner
September 20, 2011, 2:12pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from moosey_club
Who actually knows ?

Who here actually dealt with JF in his role as Chairman and is privvy, first hand, to the ongoing running of the football club?

To lay blame, pick fault , character assassinate without any kind of actual knowledge is futile.

Manager selection / removal - board decision not one individual
Playing Budget - board decision not one individual

There are hundreds of things that people will aim at JF as its convenient to do so but they or i dont really know the truth behind our individual gripes.

I for one would only raise one thing from what i can assess of the man, and this is hardly a fault as such,  and that is that he is probably is too much of a fan and too accessible to fans which has perhaps got in the way and detracted from the day to day business.

The new ground business seemed to be a personal crusade for him and rightly so for all the economic reasons he has previously quoted but the financial outlay on that and dedicated time, which now appears wasted, (hindsight again), maybe could have gone elsewhere but who could foretell the credit crunch, double dip recession etc that has prevented that going forward. At least he tried to get it unlike every other board and chairman since 1989 when i think it was first muted.

Reflect on this especially following recent dispatches programme regarding ownership;

we know who he is
we know who we owe our debt (benign...if he keeps to his word) to
he is visible
you can e-mail him and he will reply
he climbs ladders to fix tannoys when its blowing a gale (ridiculous but hey, a mark of how much he cares)
he lifted the ban on thermos flasks (just for Icey that one)
in personal dealings with him regards using BP for charity games he has been approachable, extremely generous and helpful

and i dont believe he has made one single decision that he did not think was in the better interests of the clubs overall survival.

I agree too. A fan , made a few errors some of which I would have made too. Put his money where his mouth was which was the acid test. Hope all will be clear soon as MP is mysterious. Why can they not work together for the common good - we all want the same UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 26
upthestripes
September 20, 2011, 3:03pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from moosey_club
Who actually knows ?

Who here actually dealt with JF in his role as Chairman and is privvy, first hand, to the ongoing running of the football club?

To lay blame, pick fault , character assassinate without any kind of actual knowledge is futile.

Manager selection / removal - board decision not one individual
Playing Budget - board decision not one individual

There are hundreds of things that people will aim at JF as its convenient to do so but they or i dont really know the truth behind our individual gripes.

I for one would only raise one thing from what i can assess of the man, and this is hardly a fault as such,  and that is that he is probably is too much of a fan and too accessible to fans which has perhaps got in the way and detracted from the day to day business.

The new ground business seemed to be a personal crusade for him and rightly so for all the economic reasons he has previously quoted but the financial outlay on that and dedicated time, which now appears wasted, (hindsight again), maybe could have gone elsewhere but who could foretell the credit crunch, double dip recession etc that has prevented that going forward. At least he tried to get it unlike every other board and chairman since 1989 when i think it was first muted.

Reflect on this especially following recent dispatches programme regarding ownership;

we know who he is
we know who we owe our debt (benign...if he keeps to his word) to
he is visible
you can e-mail him and he will reply
he climbs ladders to fix tannoys when its blowing a gale (ridiculous but hey, a mark of how much he cares)
he lifted the ban on thermos flasks (just for Icey that one)
in personal dealings with him regards using BP for charity games he has been approachable, extremely generous and helpful

and i dont believe he has made one single decision that he did not think was in the better interests of the clubs overall survival.

Best post I've read in the last 2 days.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 26
moosey_club
September 20, 2011, 4:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,306
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from upthestripes

Best post I've read in the last 2 days.

cometh the hour cometh the Moose  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fenty's Faults

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.