Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 3 wins on the bounce?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 127 Guests

3 wins on the bounce?

This thread currently has 3,426 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
goolemariner
September 16, 2011, 9:32am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Approval: +1
Quoted from sutton mariner
I had a Tenner on 7 or more goals at histon, to say I cheered when eagle scored was an understatement.

Eagle, from the halfway line! Great song.

Those were the days, my friend,
We took the Stretford End,
We took the Kop, the Kippax and the Shed,
We lived the life we choose,
We'd fight, we'd never lose,
Those were the days, oh yes those were the days,
Nah nah nah nah nah nah, Town!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 33
upthestripes
September 16, 2011, 11:20am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from barralad

From memory our away form was spectacularly good early season but we lost at home to the teams around us at the top-Leyton Orient and Wycombe. Come the end it was the other way round. I think we played Cheltenham on a Friday night very late season and beat them 1-0.

That Wycombe game (0-1 if it's the one I'm thinking of) was an absolute cracker.
2 L2 sides looking terrific and playing great football - no sign of "Sladeball" from us!

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 33
barralad
September 16, 2011, 12:05pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from upthestripes

That Wycombe game (0-1 if it's the one I'm thinking of) was an absolute cracker.
2 L2 sides looking terrific and playing great football - no sign of "Sladeball" from us!

To a certain extent Sladeball was a bit of a myth. True we relied on Reddy's pace but we also played some fantastic football. I remember beating County in a night match at B.P. 4-0 (?) around the time of the Tottenham game. Some of the football we played that night was the best since Buckley mark II. We also thumped Rochdale scoring 4 including one from Gary Cohen born out of sheer persistence. Vastly underrated player Cohen IMO.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 33
mariner91
September 16, 2011, 12:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,734
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from barralad

To a certain extent Sladeball was a bit of a myth. True we relied on Reddy's pace but we also played some fantastic football. I remember beating County in a night match at B.P. 4-0 (?) around the time of the Tottenham game. Some of the football we played that night was the best since Buckley mark II. We also thumped Rochdale scoring 4 including one from Gary Cohen born out of sheer persistence. Vastly underrated player Cohen IMO.

I always thought Cohen was really good and we didn't replace him properly for years. I often found Sladeball quite entertaining to be honest, was the only season in recent memory worth remembering.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 3 wins on the bounce?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.