Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Pay on gate?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 112 Guests

Pay on gate?

This thread currently has 3,066 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Super Clive
September 16, 2011, 12:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Covered area is for small away followings, larger ones which will be us I assume are in open stand.

I imagine the the small followings would be around 200  but we are more likely to bring 500 so bring an umbrella.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 25
FishOutOfWater
September 16, 2011, 12:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,577
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Super Clive
Covered area is for small away followings, larger ones which will be us I assume are in open stand.

I imagine the the small followings would be around 200  but we are more likely to bring 500 so bring an umbrella.

It doesn't look promising for the afternoon

http://uk.weather.com/weather/hourByHour-Stockport-UKXX0140?dayNum=1&flag=1

Then again what do weather forecasters know....they never get things right!

Although I'm quite happy when Sarah Crudass on Look North tells us to watch out for a warm front
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 21 - 25
Manchester Mariner
September 16, 2011, 1:23pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,822
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
Does that mean seating behind the goal though which will be exposure to the elements or would they definitely put us under cover?

I don't fancy sitting out there for a couple of hours getting peed on, no matter how we do.

It's nothing to do with the cost of it, just the comfort of knowing I'm not going to be soaked to the skin and chilled to the bone

When we played them in the JPT a few years ago it absolutely bucketed it down at half time so they let us go in a section of the covered stand down the side, there were probably about 300-400 in a 250 seated area, great night though. I think they were caught unawares in all honesty so maybe this time they will have made provisions what with the forecast and all.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 25
FishOutOfWater
September 16, 2011, 6:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,577
Gold Stars: 37
Just for info, I rang Stockport to see if there was anything available under cover for away fans with young kids tomorrow....I was told that as there would be policing in place it means that all Town fans will be placed in the open Railway End
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 23 - 25
Manchester Mariner
September 17, 2011, 11:37am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,822
Gold Stars: 41
We are in for a proper soaking then, it's bucketing it down in Manchester at the moment and forecast for thundery showers later on, gonna have to get the anorak out.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 25
Super Clive
September 17, 2011, 11:43am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
Just for info, I rang Stockport to see if there was anything available under cover for away fans with young kids tomorrow....I was told that as there would be policing in place it means that all Town fans will be placed in the open Railway End

Thought so mate, bit of a buddy as its pissing it down, mind you 3 points and 3 wins in a row I could live with  

one if these will come in handy [img]http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/m/mlpmQ9V2bIn3OI_xpkY24MA/140.jpg[/img]
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Pay on gate?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.