Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Could we be next?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 97 Guests

Could we be next?

This thread currently has 2,253 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
August 27, 2011, 7:33am

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,730
Gold Stars: 174
Firstly, this is not a thread slagging off their attendances but last night Lincoln had less than 2000 home fans. A total gate of 2152 which included 267 from Stockport. Only 1885 Imps.

Just wondering if it will be that long before it happens here if performances don't improve.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
ponnyfan
August 27, 2011, 7:38am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
Mmmm very poor gate that Les - two good results for us last night though mate.With the mighty Cods only securing a goal less home point against York  

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 21
meggietown
August 27, 2011, 7:43am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +70
Gold Stars: 3
ha ha ha is that there attendance last night,very poor.why are they playing there home games on friday nights i know wrexham was for tv reasons but last night wasnt.me perssonally never a fan of friday night footy give me saturday 3pm everytime
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 21
Les Brechin
August 27, 2011, 7:49am

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,730
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from meggietown
ha ha ha is that there attendance last night,very poor.why are they playing there home games on friday nights i know wrexham was for tv reasons but last night wasnt.me perssonally never a fan of friday night footy give me saturday 3pm everytime

Apparantly it was moved on police advice as there had been a lot of trouble at the same fixture for the last 3-4 times.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 21
meggietown
August 27, 2011, 7:56am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +70
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Les Brechin

Apparantly it was moved on police advice as there had been a lot of trouble at the same fixture for the last 3-4 times.

oh was that the reason didnt realise,thought they were trialling out friday night matches,cheers les ps hows the head mate
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 21
shaunieboy
August 27, 2011, 8:18am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +8 / -3
for god sake negativity again on this site all you ever get bill and ben have only just put the team together and it needs time lets get arsie at christmas if we not up there fighting but you only have to look at the results last night and last tuesday who ever thought barrow would smash fleetwood big spending fleetwood at that we could possibly be in the top half of table this afternoon after such a dreadful start to lets give the lads a chance and get of the backs.  we only have to look at norwich 3 yrs ago smashed 7-1 at home its about 46 games not 4.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 21
aldi_01
August 27, 2011, 8:44am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Attendances at every level are falling, even teams having relative success. May be people are realising that ticket prices are too high and quality of football ain't too good. Something has to give at some point. The 'floating fan' isn't going to waste their money watching a flipping awful side like Lincoln the same as they won't to watch town. Facilities also have an impact. People expect more than a excrement burger stand, a urine poor view and dark dingy toilets when they're are paying anything up to twenty quid for essentially an hour and half of not very entertaining football...

On a side note, I thought Fleetwood were gonna romp away with the league and destroy all in their path??? Seems like bollcks to me.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 21
Marinerz93
August 27, 2011, 8:55am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
When Scunny were really excrement at level above where we now find ourselves they had a season average of 1,800.  Just think how low their gates could have been at this level after the garbage we have seen.  Gates mean nothing, it's taking us a long time to learn that, how many times did we give the bigger teams in the Championship a run for their money or bloody noses.  Passion does count and you'll not find as many passionate fans as Town fans, just give us something to cheer about.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 21
BIGChris
August 27, 2011, 9:11am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from aldi_01
Attendances at every level are falling, even teams having relative success. May be people are realising that ticket prices are too high and quality of football ain't too good. Something has to give at some point. The 'floating fan' isn't going to waste their money watching a flipping awful side like Lincoln the same as they won't to watch town. Facilities also have an impact. People expect more than a excrement burger stand, a urine poor view and dark dingy toilets when they're are paying anything up to twenty quid for essentially an hour and half of not very entertaining football...

On a side note, I thought Fleetwood were gonna romp away with the league and destroy all in their path??? Seems like bollcks to me.

Agreed. This is perhaps a partial counter argument to TBE's thread about Sky TV. The facilities at the top grounds have improved immeasureably however a sthe money hasnt trickled down, facilities at our level are largely from the dark ages.
Cut the ticket prices to say £10 and £5 and i would expect several clubs to go to the wall within a few weeks.

I dont know what the answer is!
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 21
Tony_GTFC
August 27, 2011, 9:20am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -10
If we challenge near the top we'll be closer to 4

Ask any man what nationality he would prefer to be, and ninety nine out of a hundred will tell you that they would prefer to be Englishmen.

CECIL RHODES

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 21
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Could we be next?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.