Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Team for Tomorrow??
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 112 Guests

Team for Tomorrow??

This thread currently has 3,572 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
cjbill
August 26, 2011, 12:39pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +215
Quoted from 75

If we are going with a 4-3-3 I'd agree with that formation. 4-3-3 does mean Makofo and Eagle are sidelined, perhaps Eagle could do a job in a three man midfield or he could play to the left on the three up front. We could then move Hearn centrally (I'm not happy with Hearn to the left of the three and I think it will be affecting him).

At least Elding could be dropped then - I'm not at all happy with his start to his Town career (as I'm sure he isn't).

McKeown

Wood   Kempson   Pearson   Ridley

Church    Disley    Artus  

Coulsen     Hearn    Eagle  

I would agree with that team as i think Eagle deserves a chance. If not then with the change of Artus for Thompson it would be like this:

McKeown

Wood   Kempson   Pearson   Ridley

Church    Disley    Thompson  

Coulson     Duffy    Hearn  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 46
AdamHaddock
August 26, 2011, 12:47pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +37 / -5
Approval: +2,842
Gold Stars: 26
................McKeown
Wood Pearson Kempson Ridley
..........Disley Church
Thompson Artus Eagle
...............Hearn

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 46
Mariners_15
August 26, 2011, 12:53pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Gold Stars: 1
I'm not a Duffy fan at all but surely it would be harsh on the lad to drop him, had a good game on Tuesday and really put himself about.

Really doesn't deserve to be dropped IMO..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 46
Jarmo.Is.God
August 26, 2011, 12:56pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
                  Mckeown
wood   kempson   pearson   ridley

makofo        disley           eagle
    |                                    |
    |     duffy hearn coulson   |
    v                                   v

3 central strikers being a nuisance (spelling) to the central defenders
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 46
Rik e B
August 26, 2011, 1:05pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Quoted from maxfox44
Chopping and changing is the sort of thing you do playing "football manager, or whatever it's called".  

The only exception here being Gateshead 48 hours after, Hurst has said they will bear this in mind when coming to team selection (unlike previous incumbents who have dared not tweek things and burnt the same eleven out)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 46
marinermilne
August 26, 2011, 1:07pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
mckeown ridley pearson kempson wood mid makofo disley eagle duffy hearn & coulson
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 46
louth_in_the_south
August 26, 2011, 1:11pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,715
Gold Stars: 96
Thompson has to start seeing as even half fit he's made a big difference to our midfield .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 46
Citymariner
August 26, 2011, 1:16pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +18 / -1
Approval: +27
I reckon play 4-4-3 again...
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 17 - 46
80sglory
August 26, 2011, 2:51pm
Guest User
Quoted from AndyGTFC
Other than Church in for Thompson, wouldn't surprise me if it is the same team as Tuesday with us starting 4-3-3 again.

Maybe Church might come in for Artus against a "physical" side, but with 2 games in 3 days, maybe him and Artus will be saved for Monday and we'll go 4-4-2 with Thompson and Disley in the centre and and Coulson returning on the right.

But think you're probably right about 4-3-3 cos it allows us a lot of solidity in the middle(noticed Disley played slight behind the other 2) whilst allowing players like Makofo, Coulson to peel off and find space - think I prefer it but it all depends on Darlo's threat too - have they got wingers ?

Also can we play the best/same team twice in the space of 3 days ?

Some will have to play(e.g. Ridley) but think we should play our best team vs Darlo, bag the points then shuffle things around and give other members of the squad (e.g. Arthur, I'Anson, Eagle, Thanoj, Church, Spencer, Elding, Mulready etc) a runout at Gateshead where I guess it's gonna be another "backs to the wall try to nick it" job (though I hope not)

If we're never gonna use all our squad I fear they may become isolated from the "1st team" plus there's always a chance we might see one or two stand out and impress. Competition for places is always good as is match fitness and keeping players fresh.
Reply: 18 - 46
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
August 26, 2011, 4:09pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from 1600

Maybe Church might come in for Artus against a "physical" side, but with 2 games in 3 days, maybe him and Artus will be saved for Monday and we'll go 4-4-2 with Thompson and Disley in the centre and and Coulson returning on the right.

But think you're probably right about 4-3-3 cos it allows us a lot of solidity in the middle(noticed Disley played slight behind the other 2) whilst allowing players like Makofo, Coulson to peel off and find space - think I prefer it but it all depends on Darlo's threat too - have they got wingers ?

Also can we play the best/same team twice in the space of 3 days ?

Some will have to play(e.g. Ridley) but think we should play our best team vs Darlo, bag the points then shuffle things around and give other members of the squad (e.g. Arthur, I'Anson, Eagle, Thanoj, Church, Spencer, Elding, Mulready etc) a runout at Gateshead where I guess it's gonna be another "backs to the wall try to nick it" job (though I hope not)

If we're never gonna use all our squad I fear they may become isolated from the "1st team" plus there's always a chance we might see one or two stand out and impress. Competition for places is always good as is match fitness and keeping players fresh.

It will work out much like you say I reckon 80s. I suspect we may see 4-4-2 against Darlo at least to start with. Church will play over the weekend but he may alternate with Thompson either as sub or a full game each or they may both play on Monday to stiffen the midfield in a 4-3-3. One good thing is that the squad this year does give some genuine alternatives.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Team for Tomorrow??

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.