4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
flash1
August 14, 2011, 10:56am
rather be a codhead than a scunt
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +21 / -9
Approval: +1

How on earth you can draw those conclusions from yesterdays game beats me.

We had one shot on target all game.

Thought we were fantastic????

It was hugely disappointing all round,and we better get our act together quick;Fleetwood were no great shakes themselves but still managed to repel our feeble attempts with ease.

The "big fat" centre half of theirs coped admirably with any combination of Hearn,Spencer or Elding and he might be big but he's no mug.

The only comfort is that it was only the first game,but we all hoped we would hit the ground running,not suffering a rather routine defeat at home.

really pleased he isnt in the town line up as knowing our look the linesman would have spotted his deliberate punches he made on several of our players,the dirt tw@t

rather be a codhead than a scunt

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 31
Roast Em Bobby
August 14, 2011, 10:58am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,729
Gold Stars: 44
I just about disagree with everything Mariner_15 says, though I do think others are being to down-hearted, if you watch the highlights on mariners player we actually had quite a few attempts
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 31
AndyGTFC
August 14, 2011, 12:10pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +804
Gold Stars: 5
I wouldn't say we were ''fantastic'' like you have by any means but we weren't as bad as some people are saying anyway. We didn't create enough at all but there was a lot of effort there and we did dominate possession in the second half without doing enough in the final third.

Fleetwood did deserve to win in the end but if we'd have grabbed an equaliser before they scored in the last minute, it wouldn't have been an unfair result with all the possession we had.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 31
STB
August 14, 2011, 12:12pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Fleetwood looked like 4/1 (joint) favourites for the title, we looked like 20/1 also rans - bookies are usually pretty accurate, I saw nothing yesterday to disagree with that.

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 31
Super Clive
August 14, 2011, 12:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Fantastic yesterday? Was I watching the same game as you.

We were average at best. Still going up though  
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 31
the Grimbarian
August 14, 2011, 1:47pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -22
Approval: -2
We were embarrassing yesterday as Fleetwood came with a game plan and carried it out 100% our players were crap lightweight and well out of the game for 90 mins

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/awxlia.jpg[/IMG]                                                          

• In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the
negativity, and refrain from getting involved in any nastiness and backbiting that
seems commonplace on messageboards.

AN EPITAPH FOR ALL GTST MEMBERS

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 31
FishOutOfWater
August 14, 2011, 2:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from the Grimbarian
We were embarrassing yesterday as Fleetwood came with a game plan and carried it out 100% our players were crap lightweight and well out of the game for 90 mins

Sorry but I don't agree with that

It was 0-0 at half time so were not out of the game after 45 minutes

Their goal came as a result of a mistake in our defence...cleverly taken but it was just a long ball forward with no real threat until we failed to deal with it

And then after they took the lead, Fleetwood's true colours came out with spoiling tactics and blatant gamesmanship seeing them through

They had only one other chance in the second half (which admittedly did come close) before they got the decisive second goal but for the most of the second half the game was played in their half of the field with us controlling it

I was as disappointed as most with the outcome but if the ref had pulled them up a few more times and issued yellow cards instead of just talking to them we could have had more scope to take them on with their men knowing another foul could see them off....

We lost to a team that were very savvy in their approach and once they realised they could get away with obvious foul play, they knew that they had bot the ref and the game in their pockets

Oh well - onwards and upwards and maybe the lesson from this game is that our players have found out that winning a match at this level is not just about being a better football team. Fleetwood have shown that you can win by fair means or foul.....
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 16 - 31
headingly_mariner
August 14, 2011, 5:15pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,403
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from Mariners_15
Now we have all managed to calm down a bit, just a few things we can discuss.

Us

Thought we were fantastic, did better and better the more and more the half went on until second half we dominated them. If we had a little spark up front then things could have gone very different today. Haven't attended any pre season games apart from the Donny home but have to say we fought well and in the end deserved at least a draw, fitness was there for all to see!

Fleetwood

Aside from their absolutely amazing antics, which was quite simply disgraceful (and no, that's not sour grapes) I didn't rate them at all. As a team there lacking in midfield, looks like they've tried to much on strengthening up front. Really do hope they don't go up now after yesterday, not that they will anyway!

The fans

Fantastic today, the atmosphere in the Upper Findus was rocking, and low and behold when the atmosphere really pumped up that's when the players started to have the extra yard or so over Fleetwood, brilliant I say and stuck with the team well, proud of our fans!

Our chances

Look at the start of last season, we beat Creepy at their place, then look at the league table come the end. I really do feel with an extra edition in there, maybe a real attacking full back we can go all the way. People are saying we were outfought? Don't think we were personally, just felt we couldn't really be bothered to play Fleetwoods dirty games and instead wanted to get on with playing our Football! Think we'll do well!

Serge

Was fantastic today and you've gotta praise the guy for the way he's gone about he's buisness. Got his head down and just gone for it, and was our MOM IMO, not sure about the thermal top on though

Players

Bradley Wood, don't know what to say about him, should be given the armband in a few years time once he's calmed down. If we had 11 Bradley Wood in our team we'd be a few leagues higher. Needs to convertrate on the football side though. Spencer should start over Elding (not that I'm slating Elding) but you could see the big fat No.5 was going to bully our two all day long, soon changed when Damian came on!
Hearn looked bright, not strong enough though and ducked out a few challenges with the defender/keeper a few times!

You have got to be kidding! we were male masturbation and so far behind them it was unreal
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 31
jungleland
August 14, 2011, 5:22pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +124
Quoted from Mariners_15
Now we have all managed to calm down a bit, just a few things we can discuss.

Us

Thought we were fantastic, did better and better the more and more the half went on until second half we dominated them. If we had a little spark up front then things could have gone very different today. Haven't attended any pre season games apart from the Donny home but have to say we fought well and in the end deserved at least a draw, fitness was there for all to see!

Fleetwood

Aside from their absolutely amazing antics, which was quite simply disgraceful (and no, that's not sour grapes) I didn't rate them at all. As a team there lacking in midfield, looks like they've tried to much on strengthening up front. Really do hope they don't go up now after yesterday, not that they will anyway!

The fans

Fantastic today, the atmosphere in the Upper Findus was rocking, and low and behold when the atmosphere really pumped up that's when the players started to have the extra yard or so over Fleetwood, brilliant I say and stuck with the team well, proud of our fans!

Our chances

Look at the start of last season, we beat Creepy at their place, then look at the league table come the end. I really do feel with an extra edition in there, maybe a real attacking full back we can go all the way. People are saying we were outfought? Don't think we were personally, just felt we couldn't really be bothered to play Fleetwoods dirty games and instead wanted to get on with playing our Football! Think we'll do well!

Serge

Was fantastic today and you've gotta praise the guy for the way he's gone about he's buisness. Got his head down and just gone for it, and was our MOM IMO, not sure about the thermal top on though

Players

Bradley Wood, don't know what to say about him, should be given the armband in a few years time once he's calmed down. If we had 11 Bradley Wood in our team we'd be a few leagues higher. Needs to convertrate on the football side though. Spencer should start over Elding (not that I'm slating Elding) but you could see the big fat No.5 was going to bully our two all day long, soon changed when Damian came on!
Hearn looked bright, not strong enough though and ducked out a few challenges with the defender/keeper a few times!

this really has to be a wind up  fantastic   jesus i can only recall one shot on target
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 31
Mariners_15
August 14, 2011, 5:27pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Gold Stars: 1
Maybe fantastic was over the top but we certainly were better than Fleetwood...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 31
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › A few things to discuss

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.