Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Elding ???
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 74 Guests

Elding ???

This thread currently has 4,878 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
GtfcGarner
August 14, 2011, 6:43pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,794
Gold Stars: 26
Give him time, can't judge anybody on one game whatsoever, if he goes and scores in the next 4 fixtures everyone will be licking his anal hole, Once Churchy comes back in the midfield we've got the extra bit of bite back there. Onwards and upwards  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 52
bradzmilne
August 14, 2011, 6:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,433
Gold Stars: 30
I was worried when we signed Elding he would be the new 'boo boy' and now he hasnt made the greatest of starts people are moaning. Just imagine if Elding scored that 30 yard out rocket on saturday that went just wide, if that went in people would be saying 'Perfect replacement for Al' or 'His going to score 30 goals this year' what a differance a couple of yards makes eh !?!?!. Lets give Elding a fair crack at the whip and lay off him because at the end of the day he is a Grimsby player and Grimsby are the team we all support (including Aryan  ) . UTM!

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 52
barralad
August 14, 2011, 7:14pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from Marinerz93

Did anyone else see Spencer go over to their number 5 and have a word, I recon he said hello I'm John Coffee

[IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/2hs2n8w.jpg[/IMG]

All the time he was on the pitch I couldn't think who he reminded me of!!

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 52
barralad
August 14, 2011, 7:18pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from marinerian
We took the wrong player off, Hearne should have been substituted imo.

Elding was assaulted on many occaisions, he also came deep in the first half to try and get the ball as our midfield was dreadful.

The team did not give any service to the attackers imo and I feel 4-3-3 with two holding midfielders and a box to box midfielder will help us but only my opinion.

Coulson and Serge are not wingers, if we stay 4-4-2 we need to natural wingers who can get crosses in!

I had to check the date of this post. Takes me back to what we were saying last season at the start. Oh, and the season before....only the names appear to have changed...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 52
Japers
August 14, 2011, 7:40pm

ABsaid put it in corner,thought meant top corner
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +13
to be fair both our strikers played with their backs to the goal far too often, challenging for balls their no. fat 5 mopped up all day. not once did i see a ball played between the defenders for our strikers to run on and use Hearn's pace or Elding's (supposed) finishing prowess

The boss told me to put it in the corner.....i thought he meant the top corner.
Jim Dobbin after 1-0 victory at Newcastle wonder strike
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 52
Lew19
August 14, 2011, 8:00pm
Pontoon army
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Elding will come good hes proven in this league. he didn't have a bad game tbh he still may lack abit of fitness and i dont think he was getting the right service he likes the ball to his feet. as you could see yesturday most of the play was long balls up to the top two and elding isnt one for winning aerial battles. i think he would be better up top with spencer feeding off his knock down im sorry to say but i can see hearn getting dropped before elding. hearn may have scored 30 odd goals last season but that was the league below and i dont realli see spencer as an impact sub like i would do hearn.

Grimsby till i die!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 52
siy2k5
August 14, 2011, 8:06pm
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
Thought we looked far better when Spencer came on.  Elding won little, if anything in the air all game.

The most isappointing thing, was after pre-season, where there was little evidence of hoofing it forward, yesterday we looke to hit it long all game which was ineffective against that brut of a centre half.  

Oh well, onwards and upwars.

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 52
Super Clive
August 14, 2011, 8:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Quoted from NorfolkImp
No surprises then, warned you that he was poor! Give him a couple of weeks or so and you'll have a Martin Butler mark 2 on your hands!

Kyle Perry impressed me yesterday for us, the old-fashioned stereotypical 4th/5th tier bruising centre-forward and scored a crackin header on his debut!

To be fair Aryan, the 3 times I have seen Perry He has impressed me every single game, were as Elding I have seen 3 times and all 3 he has been utter tosh, I know which one I would of wanted here
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 52
Helgy
August 14, 2011, 10:34pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
Just what are the Lincs FA giving out to the players on that photo above food parcels?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 52
Lew19
August 14, 2011, 10:43pm
Pontoon army
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Quoted from Helgy
Just what are the Lincs FA giving out to the players on that photo above food parcels?

its just a little glass cup they get  

Grimsby till i die!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Elding ???

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.