This thread currently has 5,215 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
mariner marc
August 14, 2011, 10:11am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Quoted from Wembley 08
Disley and Wood in centre mid would be great. Nothing wrong with being competitive, like Bradley is.
that's what I like about Bradley competitive ,passionate and gives his all every game.

Quoted from Tommy
Just to put a balanced view of Bradley Wood in here - yes his aggression was great and it was funny seeing him throw Brodie(ugly fat thick yorkie) up in the air, BUT he had several opportunities with time and space to put a cross in in the last ten minutes and they all went either into the keepers hands or straight to the feet of the first defender. A good full back should be capable of slinging some good crosses into the box.
have to agree Tommy as much as I like Bradley(him and Coulson are my favourite players at Town)I do feel the technical side of his game is found wanting at times.Hope he works at this side of his game
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 47
Mariner_501
August 14, 2011, 12:10pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 28
Quoted from Poojah

You'll notice that Bradley Wood has never been sent off in any of his 50-odd appearances for Town. He knows just about where to draw the line. In the 20 or so minutes Silk was on the pitch, he looked worrying to me. That's all I've seen of Silk to be fair, but on the two showings today Wood looks infinately the better player.

WHS, reputations tend to stick no matter how untrue. Titus Bramble is also another example.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 47
Abdul19
August 14, 2011, 12:38pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,628
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from Tommy
Brodie(ugly fat thick yorkie)

That's a bit harsh.

He's a geordie  

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 47
supertown
August 14, 2011, 2:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,479
Gold Stars: 53
it was Brodie and it was funny. Anyone actually know what Eldings qualities are because I havent a clue
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 47
marinerian
August 14, 2011, 5:45pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
I would like to see Wood on the wing, he gave us so much energy and if he wont be played there he has to play at full back.

I like the way he lifted up their faking player one handed by his shirt.

At least Town didn't give up at least they tried to get back into it....a shocking ref who I can only call a blatant cheat, ruined any chance we had as he was determind not to see punches,elbows and also dangerous potential leg breaking challenges!

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 47
barralad
August 14, 2011, 8:07pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby
Wood gives his all, but he still has a lot to learn - the crucial 1st goal today came about because he was out of position. Silk is a proven right back, and will prove a good signing imho

100% Agree.

Wood needs to curb his temper. He could have been sent off yesterday.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 47
barralad
August 14, 2011, 8:08pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from Tommy
Just to put a balanced view of Bradley Wood in here - yes his aggression was great and it was funny seeing him throw Brodie(ugly fat thick yorkie) up in the air, BUT he had several opportunities with time and space to put a cross in in the last ten minutes and they all went either into the keepers hands or straight to the feet of the first defender. A good full back should be capable of slinging some good crosses into the box.

Not since Macca Tommy  

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 47
80sglory
August 15, 2011, 1:59am
Guest User
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby
Wood gives his all, but he still has a lot to learn - the crucial 1st goal today came about because he was out of position.

Rubbish IMO.
I had a perfect view from the Upper and it only happened because Garner lept in/cocked it up (not the first time he's made a similar mistake either).

Reply: 27 - 47
Fishfinger
August 15, 2011, 7:39am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +46 / -6
Approval: +144
IMO, and as I've said before, I love Wood's aggression, determination etc etc but what annoys me is when people say, 'if we had 11 Bradley Wood's, we would be in League 1'...no we wouldn't! Apart from the his characteristics that I mentioned earlier, what else does he give, ability-wise? Ok, he's quite quick and not bad at heading but apart from that he just seems to lack a bit of ability and isn't exactly a technical footballer. I'm not saying he's bad at all, I'm just pointing out that maybe some people are overrating him a little...just my opinion though
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 47
Havelock the Dane
August 15, 2011, 7:56am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +7 / -5
I think we need about 6 Bradley Woods, 3 Alan Connells, 2 Gary Joneses and a partridge in a pear tree.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bradley Wood

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.