Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Worst live band you ever saw.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 81 Guests

Worst live band you ever saw.

This thread currently has 3,551 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
August 13, 2011, 8:05am
Guest User
Guns and Roses at Maine Road in 1992. Making us all wait five or six hours for you to come on does not endear the crowd. By the time they made it on, people weren't bothered anymore.
Reply: 30 - 40
aldi_01
August 13, 2011, 9:46am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I think axl Rose was the beginning and first rock star in the 'style over substance' genre, a la Peter docherty, johnny borrell, etc.

Over time and many listens  also starting to think that guns n roses fit into the very over rated bracket.
I had the unfortunate pleasure of seeing the libertines not once but twice, the second time to see if they'd improved, they hadn't, they'd got even worse...a truly awful awful over rated pile of male masturbation.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 40
Biccys
August 15, 2011, 2:23pm
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
I know people that slated Oasis's live performances as well. Just over an hour of playing after waiting for more than 2 hours after the proposed start time didn't endear them either!

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 32 - 40
August 15, 2011, 3:04pm
Guest User
Quoted from Biccys
I know people that slated Oasis's live performances as well. Just over an hour of playing after waiting for more than 2 hours after the proposed start time didn't endear them either!

I've seen Oasis live probably a dozen times. Very erratic, often depending on if Liam could be arsed. When he's on top of his game, he's fantastic. I took the missus to Nottingham to see Oasis once, Liam sung two songs during which he continually shouted abuse at the sound crew before throwing his miicrophone at them. When he got another microphone back he tried to finish the gig after three songs. He left and Noel took over - urine poor. Liam reckoned he'd had a hard night the night before.
Reply: 33 - 40
Biccys
August 15, 2011, 3:31pm
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
That's appalling. I thought it was the norm that they just played the hour long set but for him to behave like a spolit kid is just disgraceful. No wonder Noel packed it in!

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 34 - 40
Perkins
August 15, 2011, 4:21pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Went to see the Beatles at Lincoln ABC in 63 (i think) See was the operative word as i heard sod all for the screaming, although they did have a habit of not even turning their amps on as it was nearly impossible to hear anything themselves with all the racket going on.
Years later, i was in Liverpool and was given a free ticket to Mcartney's homecoming concert with Wings. Now being a confirmed non Mcartney fan i went along to see if i could flog the ticket. Flog it? i couldn't give the bloody thing away, so i used it myself and have to say it was without a doubt the worst gig i have ever been too, and iv'e been to some bad ones over the years. Even his confirmed fans were walking out after 25 minutes.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 40
aldi_01
August 16, 2011, 12:08am

Barley Wine Drinker
They packed it in because unfortunately, Noels ego got too big and henbecame a bigger girl private than liam. Having met Liam, he like any other big rock star front man has an act. Having seem oasis 25 times they were only late once and Liam was only excrement once. Bands are like football teams, they'll peak and trough simple as...

The libertines are still the worst band I have ever seen along with the White stripes, although on reflection, the libertines were far worse.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 40
aldi_01
August 16, 2011, 12:10am

Barley Wine Drinker
Adding to the mcartney comments...I know  several people who have seen him an have said he's bloody awful and boring. Then again I know people who have said the same about te rolling stones, who incidentally charge their support bands to watch the gig...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 40
Mariner_501
August 16, 2011, 1:33am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +224
Gold Stars: 28
Quoted from aldi_01
They packed it in because unfortunately, Noels ego got too big and henbecame a bigger girl private than liam. Having met Liam, he like any other big rock star front man has an act. Having seem oasis 25 times they were only late once and Liam was only excrement once. Bands are like football teams, they'll peak and trough simple as...

The libertines are still the worst band I have ever seen along with the White stripes, although on reflection, the libertines were far worse.

Never saw The Libertines live but their music isn't bad? In fact one of the better British bands since Oasis, who happen to be my all time favorite band, no other compares.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 40
mothafunda
August 16, 2011, 6:52pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / 0
the worst bands I have seen are in no particular order

dirty pretty things
lost prophets
the fratellis
happy mondays
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 40
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Worst live band you ever saw.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.