kingofthekippers
September 27, 2010, 8:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +39 / -4
Approval: +6
Quoted from BIGChris
Have you put your proposal to the club?

He'd have to be a shareholder to put that forward at the AGM. Something tells me he's not a shareholder.

Mr McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 77
Shiver
September 27, 2010, 8:47pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
I've got 5 shares bought 3/4 years ago for £100 each, I will sell him 1 for £0.50 before it's totally worthless  

Quoted from aaron rattray
as i said we have known each other since before i was born
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 77
gtfc98
September 27, 2010, 8:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from kingofthekippers

He'd have to be a shareholder to put that forward at the AGM. Something tells me he's not a shareholder.

I am not  a shareholder. Putting this sort of proposal forward at the club's AGM would be pointless anyway given that the majority of ordinary shares (which carry voting rights) in the club are owned by Fenty, who is never going to get rid of Furneaux. Perhaps I do rant on about Furneaux but I can't help but feel the club would have a more positive atmosphere around the place without him involved. After his backstabbing of Bill Carr, the whole Jevons fiasco and his continued involvement in our decline continually seeing him attending home and away matches (including travel) free of charge for a return of £500 in share capital is a bit of a kick in the teeth for fans who part with good money to watch the mariners. I cannot possibly see what he brings to the board

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 77
siy2k5
September 27, 2010, 9:03pm
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
I'd gladly buy out Mr Burns' £500 shareholding.

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 77
Rich Boy
September 27, 2010, 10:24pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / -22
GTST are hoping to be elected to the board, they just need to have another squabble amongst themselves to decide who will take over from Fenty.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 77
the Grimbarian
September 28, 2010, 11:18am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -22
Approval: -2
Quoted from Rich Boy
GTST are hoping to be elected to the board, they just need to have another squabble amongst themselves to decide who will take over from Fenty.

They will never get any where near the board as long as we all live,they own a lot of shares but when it comes to being aboard member they have no big money backers!!

• In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the
negativity, and refrain from getting involved in any nastiness and backbiting that
seems commonplace on messageboards.

AN EPITAPH FOR ALL GTST MEMBERS

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 77
Grim_Exile
September 28, 2010, 11:57am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Quoted from the Grimbarian

They will never get any where near the board as long as we all live,they own a lot of shares but when it comes to being aboard member they have no big money backers!!

I beg to differ.  The Supporters Trust has *potentially* the biggest of backers going which are THE SUPPORTERS.  Sadly, for some reason the majority of fans continue to overlook this fact and wait for a fairy godfather/mother to materialise and make everything better.

As one well known insurer says - 'Together, We're Stronger'.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 77
tarka
September 28, 2010, 2:06pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +890
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from Rich Boy

Sorry Tony, but which "squabble" are you referring to?  In over 7 years I can't recall one "squabble" - come to think of it, we have never actually discussed who would join the Board if we actually did find the money.  In the unlikely event of that happening, there would probably be an election to the position.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 9 - 77
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.