8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
gobby
October 1, 2010, 7:27am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +772
Gold Stars: 7
What about the old Birds Eye site on Ladysmith Road, before you say its too small,take the time to see how big this site actually is. Parking may be on the streets again (should not need too much at present) there is a cracking little club plus the Honesy Lawyer.
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 77
Biccys
October 1, 2010, 7:56am
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
The whole idea of having a new ground is to stop having to park around the streets again! I agree the old factory site would be a good place for the ground but parking would discount it.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 61 - 77
EvilFish
October 1, 2010, 8:40am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +597
Gold Stars: 52
I don't understand the issue with on-street parking. Most of the grounds I've driven to that have had a car park (including "newer" grounds like Derby and Bolton) it's taken me absolutely ages to get out of after the match. I've never had a problem getting away from BP, despite ("shock, horror!") staying until after the final whistle. The only time it took me a while to leave was when I parked right outside the turnstiles for the Spurs cup match.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 77
headingly_mariner
October 1, 2010, 8:59am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from EvilFish
I don't understand the issue with on-street parking. Most of the grounds I've driven to that have had a car park (including "newer" grounds like Derby and Bolton) it's taken me absolutely ages to get out of after the match. I've never had a problem getting away from BP, despite ("shock, horror!") staying until after the final whistle. The only time it took me a while to leave was when I parked right outside the turnstiles for the Spurs cup match.

But you can charge a fiver per car
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 77
EvilFish
October 1, 2010, 9:23am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from headingly_mariner

But you can charge a fiver per car

Exactly - so everyone parks on the street anyway because they don't want to pay it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 77
theicenian
October 1, 2010, 9:29am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.99
Rep Score: +60 / -13
Approval: -1
Is it Wycombe that it takes an hour and a half to get out of the carpark?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 77
psgmariner
October 1, 2010, 9:39am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from theicenian
Is it Wycombe that it takes an hour and a half to get out of the carpark?

Yep but there is a beautiful industrial estate to look at whilst you wait.

Private Message
Reply: 66 - 77
Biccys
October 1, 2010, 9:45am
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
I was thinking more along the lines of the Madejski in Reading. They have a huge car park on site and it's a piece of wee wee to get in and out of. Sentimentality about parking on a street is not a replacement for great planning....

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 67 - 77
forza ivano
October 1, 2010, 10:12am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,148
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from 75
Would be awesome under the dock tower.

Loads of haddock all over the place, think fog off the north sea, dodgy prostitutes touting for business in dark corners and lurking behind skips full of rotting fish. Tattooed losers from Cottee's lording it over any away fan daft enough to leave the relative safety of the fentydome.

The opposition would be beaten before they kicked off.

lmfao! it'd be a legendary trip for footie fans. leave as many of the little byways and buildings up as possible so that everyone gets hopelessly lost in a victorian-industrial-maze, with the aded attraction of then having to dodge the under 5's/cbp/ghs  as they desperately try to locate the ground. we could market it as not just a football match but an adventure weekend/bare knuckle ride all rolled into 1
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 77
EvilFish
October 1, 2010, 10:16am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Biccys
I was thinking more along the lines of the Madejski in Reading. They have a huge car park on site and it's a piece of wee wee to get in and out of. Sentimentality about parking on a street is not a replacement for great planning....

I'm not sentimental about parking on a street, I'm just not a big fan of sitting in a car in a car park for two hours while everyone slowly exits out of the one exit on to a busy road (which is exactly what the design was like for the Great Coates site).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 77
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.