Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Fishy vs Lincoln Vital football match
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 12 Guests

Fishy vs Lincoln Vital football match

This thread currently has 62,490 views. Print
76 Pages Prev ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Biggles999
March 5, 2009, 10:46am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
I dont know what organisations are involved in the game at certain standards. There does seem to be an organisation to represent anybody at anytime.

Reporter - Is it true you took your wife to see Huddersfield on your honeymoon?

Bill Shankly - Do you think I would marry my wife in the football season? Besides it was Huddersfield Reserves
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 380 - 752
March 5, 2009, 11:05am
Guest User
Quoted from Biggles999
Ok if its a media thing, but surely any players involved in the game who dont pick up on that fact, as I didnt, could think that the whole thing has become petty?

As far as I am concerned it's just a bit of fun and the chance to earn some cash for Cancer Research and GTFC. I don't dislike Lincoln at all, in fact I like the place and a good mate of mine (Aryan Imp) supports them. And let's be honest, we have bigger worries than a charity kickabout.

I'm sure when the game comes I'll want to win it like I want to win every game I play though. Wish I was a bit fitter but I've had to rest my groin (ask the missus! hehe) which has meant I've not been to the gym at all and I've had to eat groin strain repairing pizza's.

If it was them lot up the A180 I would dust off my old steel toe caps.
Reply: 381 - 752
Lumpsleftbreast
March 5, 2009, 11:08am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +24
Yeah we all know its for charity at the end of the day but we will still want to win and be competitive.

Gary Lump
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 382 - 752
Biggles999
March 5, 2009, 11:22am
Table Wine Drinker
I want to win and be competitive, but we all know that there is a line between being competitive and being dirty.

At first when I read the article, admittedly without realising it was a joke, I thought that the game could go from a good match into a kicking bout.

Bill Shankly - Do you think I would marry my wife in the football season? Besides it was Huddersfield Reserves
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 383 - 752
lincolnsmariner
March 5, 2009, 11:26am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
That ian, was the point of the article.

Do you think the bigger organisations will do something if its just a local charity match? Probs not. If it turns into a full blown brawl they would and to do something they have to be there, we know it wont, let them think what they want.

If they come down and watch its all good, if they dont we tried to get them there.

Football isnt about life and Death,
It means much more

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=110883967688&ref=nf BTTB II

Private Message
Reply: 384 - 752
Biggles999
March 5, 2009, 11:30am
Table Wine Drinker
Fair enough, it may seem like I am taking it the wrong way but it was just my immediate reaction when I read it and it made me wonder if less 'friendly' players than our squad may take it the wrong way.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 385 - 752
Lumpsleftbreast
March 5, 2009, 11:31am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +24
Just kick em back twice as hard!

Gary Lump
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 386 - 752
lincolnsmariner
March 5, 2009, 11:32am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Any player who gets to "hot headed" will be immediatly subbed and will be off for a minimum of 15 minutes.

I will put all match rules up shortly were just finalising them at the moment.

Football isnt about life and Death,
It means much more

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=110883967688&ref=nf BTTB II

Private Message
Reply: 387 - 752
Biggles999
March 5, 2009, 11:35am
Table Wine Drinker
Ok Jon.

I dont mind kicking back Toddy in a normal game. Would rather not for a game that is supposed to be endorsing the "friendship" between the two sets of fans.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 388 - 752
March 5, 2009, 11:36am
Guest User
Quoted from lincolnsmariner
Any player who gets to "hot headed" will be immediatly subbed and will be off for a minimum of 15 minutes.

I will put all match rules up shortly were just finalising them at the moment.

I'm sure the game will be played in a positive spirit. I am more of a passer than a kicker but when my lungs are bursting I might have to give one of em a tap for 15 mins off!

Reply: 389 - 752
76 Pages Prev ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Fishy vs Lincoln Vital football match

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.