Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Fishy vs Lincoln Vital football match
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 14 Guests

Fishy vs Lincoln Vital football match

This thread currently has 62,321 views. Print
76 Pages Prev ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... Next All Recommend Thread
March 2, 2009, 9:58am
Guest User
Just seen the squad numbers. I'd prefer the number 8 if possible? Not too bothered though if the other lads want it. 20 minutes "training" before the game? Depends what you mean by "training"!

I'm 15 stone and nearly 33 years old so I'll not be keen on using up my limited energy before the game.
Reply: 330 - 752
lincolnsmariner
March 2, 2009, 10:01am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.71
Scone Boy - how can i sleep with people continually texting and ringing me! - shouldn't you be at school?

Final squad Numbers:
1. Michael Wright
2. Richard Broadley
3. Iain Biglin
4. Matthew Newton
5. Paul Parker
6. Alec Gilliant
7. Matthew Lond
8. Jason Paget
9. Jon Spurr
10. Jordan Houlston
12. Leon Harding
11. Mark Walter - no you cant have 61
14. Luke O'Hara
15. Darren Todd
16. Trevor Hewson

Football isnt about life and Death,
It means much more

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=110883967688&ref=nf BTTB II

Private Message
Reply: 331 - 752
Sconeboy
March 2, 2009, 10:03am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 2
Haha point taken! I am at school! Making the most of my D&T Lesson haha! Just seen on the Website jon it says remaining sessions 8 - 9. Is that Lincolns cause isnt ours tonight at 7 - 8 ? If I dont reply will you text me mate, gotta go at ten past

<*(((((>< G T F C ><(((((*>
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 332 - 752
March 2, 2009, 10:05am
Guest User
Quoted from lincolnsmariner
Scone Boy - how can i sleep with people continually texting and ringing me! - shouldn't you be at school?

Final squad Numbers:
1. Michael Wright
2. Richard Broadley
3. Iain Biglin
4. Matthew Newton
5. Paul Parker
6. Alec Gilliant
7. Matthew Lond
8. Jason Paget
9. Jon Spurr
10. Jordan Houlston
12. Leon Harding
11. Mark Walter - no you cant have 61
14. Luke O'Hara
15. Darren Todd
16. Trevor Hewson

We should be fine with Paul Parker at the back. Getting on a bit but I'm sure he'll have these gimps in his pocket.
Reply: 333 - 752
lincolnsmariner
March 2, 2009, 10:08am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Sconeboy
Haha point taken! I am at school! Making the most of my D&T Lesson haha! Just seen on the Website jon it says remaining sessions 8 - 9. Is that Lincolns cause isnt ours tonight at 7 - 8 ? If I dont reply will you text me mate, gotta go at ten past

Ours is at normal time 6.45-8pm

It means much more

Private Message
Reply: 334 - 752
Sconeboy
March 2, 2009, 10:10am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 2
So it was 7 the first time, 6 : 30 last week, and 6 : 45 this week. Normal time ? haha.

<*(((((>< G T F C ><(((((*>
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 335 - 752
lincolnsmariner
March 2, 2009, 1:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
LCFC STRIKERS:
Nathan Addlesee

The blonde bombshell will bag a brace at least. Has the predatory instinct of Patulea and a turn and shot like the Horse. Feed the foal TJ, feed the foal for he will score. Bursts forward like the Frecklington of old, with a shuffle that would throw a professional poker player. As for aerial prowess he could be a cloud.

Nationality: English
Nickname: Nath (my personal fav being tosser or twit)
Height: 6ft
Weight: 11st 4
Position: Striker
Squad Number: 9
Team Supported:Lincoln city

Julian Burley
Julian has the pace and finish of a Nicolas Anelka. A Promising player, great at one on ones, his turn of pace and snapshot are legends in the making.

Nickname: Jules
Height: 5'9
Weight: 116 Pounds (8.3 Stone)
Position: Striker
Squad Number: 16
Team Supported: Lincoln City

Dan Taylor
The gilded ginger Celtic clamour has Lincoln City FC tattooed on his heart . Dan is the staunch immovable object and a perfect target man for our free flowing midfield musketeers. He may be fat he may be round, but he`s sure to score at every ground.

Nickname: Ginge
Height: 6'2'
Weight: 98kg
Position: Centre Forward
Squad Number: 17
Team Supported:Lincoln

The Management

Manager - David Beck

As well as playing semi professionally David has also managed a side in The Oxfordshire League for two years prior to becoming an Imps Director. David is the Supporter`s Director and does so much behind the scenes.

Assistant - Neil Gentleman-Hobbs
His football career as a midfielder was cut short at 15, though the spin has continued throughout his life.

As all managers know the game is won and lost in the engine room and ours is so well oiled it wouldn`t squeak at a mouse in season. The communication is good but the telepathic understanding goes beyond the foot and tongue understanding of mere mortals, why it would give Yuri Geller, Devon Brown, Dr Who and the tardis a run for its money.

Graham Raisen
A consummate all round midfielder so experienced there are references to him in the Bible (Old Testament). Admits that pace is not his strength but has a cool head that does the first two yards for him. Has the positional sense of a compass and enjoys fresh cod every Friday night.

Nickname: Raz / Poacher
Height: 5' 11''
Weight: 14 st
Position: Usually lent over wheezing
Squad Number: Anything with 3 digits
Team Supported: Do you really need to ask ?

Sam Booth
His boots have superglue but his body is fashioned in Teflon, the East Midlands Achilles without the heel. Our non-stick Giggs has talent, pace, a football brain and a harem who will follow him even to the depths of The Humber Estuary.

Nickname: Smoothy
Height: 6 ft
Weight: 12st 4
Position: Right/Left mid, Striker
Squad Number: 8
Team Supported:Lincoln City/ Manchester United

Matt Harris
A Left footed genius of guile though his gait would not suggest this at first sight. Can peel an orange in his pocket off the pitch and an entire field once upon it. A tenacity and determination to achieve, he is a chef both on and off the field of play.

Nationality:English
Nickname:Chopper
Height: 6ft
Weight: 9st 2lb
Position: Left Mid
Squad Number:7
Team Supported:Lincoln

TJ Ramsden (Captain)
Our Great Bard and leader, the on pitch Poet Laureate with the words of wisdom that will energise, warn and motivate the impressive Imps. His range of passing is sublime. He has the flexible engine of a Harley combined with the cultured touch of Romeo the lover and Romario the Brazilian. He also pocesses our secret weapon…………

Nickname: Tez
Height: 5'11
Weight: 13.5 Stone
Position: Midfield/Forward
Squad Number: 10
Team Supported: Lincoln City / Arsenal

Ryan Varley
Can turn on a sixpence with the speed and power of an express train. Though young the Sincil Spright has two feet that will leave his foes in his slip stream. An integral part of the NK School cup semi final team who many feel can make the grade for real.

With The Grimsby V Lincoln City fans game a week away Vital go through the case for the defence

Wayne Greaves
A keeper to be proud of with all the attributes to make it at semi pro at least.
Commands his area, communicates well and superb in one on ones. Comes for crosses as if he has super glue on his gloves.

Nickname: Greavesie
Height: 6'1
Weight: 12 - 12.5 stone
Position: Goalkeeper
Squad Number: 1

Adrian Bell -
Halifax trialled our right back who can get forward and deliver a cross and a half. Sticks to his man like glue and has the pace to compete with the speed merchants. Good feet and an eye for a pass could double as a right midfield. Adi is currently studying journalism so it is hoped he will not drift over to our left back for some tips.

Nickname: adie
Height: 5' 7 ish''
Weight: 9 st
Position: Right Back
Squad Number: 2

Mark Whiley?

A two footed full back with the sort of tenacity you would expect from a journalist. Again has the pace for the overlap and a shot like a cannon ball. A Green at Morecambe special is on the cards for the elegant Echo Paulo Maldini in the making.

Data not available.

Ian Greaves
A cross between Paul Morgan and Jamie McCombe, Ian is an experienced Sunday league defender. It is apt that a former postman figures in a fairy tale fixture as he played for Royal Mail until last season. Has the Morgan composure an inch perfect tackle and deceptive pace.

Nickname: Greavsie
Height: 5.10
Weight: 11.6
Position: Centre Back
Squad Number: 5

Golly

Fi fi fo fum, oh lordy lordy it`s another Imp giant. A true beast of a man Golly would be clear favourite in a brutal bacon buttie consuming competition with yo ho ho Janos himself. One of our trainees asked him for his real name but he ate him whole, so Golly sounds good to me. Has a tackle like an axe and a pendulous right peg that can send a clearance to the stars. His fitness regime includes eating raw meat and running up and down Steep hill attached to the worlds largest elastic band.

Data - well we dare not ask him personal questions to be honest.

It means much more

Private Message
Reply: 336 - 752
Biggles999
March 2, 2009, 2:04pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Just sounds like someone has a lot of time on their hands to write over exagerrated articles. I think they want a job in the News Of The World.

Reporter - Is it true you took your wife to see Huddersfield on your honeymoon?

Bill Shankly - Do you think I would marry my wife in the football season? Besides it was Huddersfield Reserves
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 337 - 752
lincolnsmariner
March 2, 2009, 3:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Kits confirmed. Black and White.

It means much more

Private Message
Reply: 338 - 752
BIGChris
March 2, 2009, 3:57pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from lincolnsmariner
Kits confirmed. Black and White.

As in black and white stripes-a GTFC strip?
Private Message
Reply: 339 - 752
76 Pages Prev ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Fishy vs Lincoln Vital football match

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.