It Bites
April 13, 2024, 5:10pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,224
Gold Stars: 266
from the fridge

What can I say , incredible performance by everyone today . Quality on the ball , fast in attack and solid at the back . The best I’ve seen us play this season by a long way . Well done everyone including the fans again . What a noise
Private Message
promotion plaice
April 13, 2024, 5:17pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,085
Gold Stars: 201

Massive win.

Takes the pressure off Tuesday night at Colchester, in fact the pressure will be on Colchester.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 75
LocalLadGTFC
April 13, 2024, 5:18pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,410
Gold Stars: 141
Every single one of them outstanding today, it's performances like today that make you think there's ability in them as we made them look awful. It was truly men against boys... I thought Green was superb and really pulled them apart, offered his usual tenacity but the past couple of weeks he's looked a bit more polished and like he can actually play football. Thompson his usual unreal self, can't remember them having a decent effort on goal. The more Mullarkey plays at centre half the better he looks... Ainley coming on just topped it off. Put the icing on a excrement season for him personally and the club as a whole. Rose coming off the only downside but thankfully he can now be rested after putting the team on his back for 8 months.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 75
Mariner93er
April 13, 2024, 5:23pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,736
Gold Stars: 28
We outplayed and outworked them in every area of the pitch. I've been a critic of Green, but he was a beast and they couldn't handle him. Shout out to Rodgers and Malarkey too who have looked solid of late, but every player deserves praise today.

I won't feel comfortable until it's mathematical, but we're in a good position.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 75
LocalLadGTFC
April 13, 2024, 5:26pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,410
Gold Stars: 141
Just seen we limited them to 5 shots and we had 20... sums it up really.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 4 - 75
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
April 13, 2024, 5:32pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +905
Gold Stars: 123
Why does it take us 43 matches into the season for us to play like that?

Could you just imagine if we started a season playing that dominantly. The mind boggles.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 75
It Bites
April 13, 2024, 5:33pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,224
Gold Stars: 266
Why does it take us 43 matches into the season for us to play like that?

Could you just imagine if we started a season playing that dominantly. The mind boggles.

Certainly caught me by surprise after Tuesday
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 75
Madeleymariner
April 13, 2024, 5:37pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,073
Gold Stars: 52
Just back sat in the garden with a glass of wine. We were excellent, Crewe hardly created anything Eastwood pulled off a great save at 2-0 and that finished them off. Thompson and, Green fight it out for MOM, everyone played well could of won by 5 or 6
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 75
sonofmadeleymariner
April 13, 2024, 5:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
Just back home. Its only 20/30 min drive for me and Madeleymariner depending on cycling pods and tractors.

I am still in shock. Artell told us they had that sort of performance in them, but I'll admit I wasn't too sure myself.

We dominated that for 93mins of the 96 played. The only realy chance they had was Eastwoods moment of madness near the end and we probably should have had 2 or 3 more today ourselves.

Far too many stand out performances today and everyone of those players ran themselves into the ground. I was worried Greeny was going to collapse at one point just before he was subbed off.

3 good goals, the way Hume's curled into the top corner was pin point, a goal from one of our long range throw ins and an absolute belter from Thompson.

Now I need to jump on social media and message a few Crewe mates giving it the biggun before the match  

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 75
Spurn boy
April 13, 2024, 5:44pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,264
Gold Stars: 31
I couldn’t believe how dominant we were at the beginning of the 2nd half when Crewe just couldn’t get out of their own half and was worried we couldn’t take our chances but the goal by Thompson just gave us so much confidence and apart from Eastwood scaring the shite out of us with his poor clearance I didn’t think we were in any danger of conceding a goal. UTM

Dead Eye Dobbin stood motionless waiting, waiting, waiting for the ball to arrive. Back came the right foot, Down came the right foot, Bang ! Headlines around the world as the ball flew into the very top right hand corner of the goal.( Jim Dobbin scoring in the 89th minute for Town against Newcastle United away 24/10/1992 )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 75
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.