MarinerDevil
April 13, 2024, 9:58pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,804
Gold Stars: 80
Quoted from golfer
All the moans about our goalkeepers - Eastwood has looked fine to me since his return

Yeah, aside from his moment of madness today, his handling has been spot on. Only a small sample size though, I still wouldn't be confident going into a season with him as no. 1. We need to make finding a keeper with good League Two experience a priority.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 75
mariner91
April 13, 2024, 10:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,809
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from golfer
All the moans about our goalkeepers - Eastwood has looked fine to me since his return

He has but he also looked good in the first couple of games this season. Yet once his confidence went, it really went. All players go through periods of having lower confidence but I've not seen many who have had it affect them as much as Eastwood did and it could well be the reason that he's nearly 28 but really not played that many games. You can't have that in your first choice keeper but he'll be adequate back up. A competent, experienced keeper is one of the priorities in the summer in my opinion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 75
Limerick Mariner
April 13, 2024, 10:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,771
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from The Yard Dog

Sorry we need better than Cartwright next season, we need to sign experienced goalkeeper.

I was posing it as a question, and we probably do. But he’s 6ft 4 and 21, the age when players can make big gains in performance.

He might do, he might not, but clearly he has the potential attributes to be physically dominant. We’ll see.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 75
SheepGTFC
April 14, 2024, 2:37am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: +288
Gold Stars: 6
A performance to galvanise around and build upon. This is the Town I know we can be. Brilliant.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 75
Mariner_501
April 14, 2024, 4:26am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 28
Quoted from The Yard Dog

Sorry we need better than Cartwright next season, we need to sign experienced goalkeeper.

I want him to be towns number one because it seems he is a legit town fan. But you’re right
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 75
Mariner_501
April 14, 2024, 4:29am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 28
Quoted from MarinerDevil

Yeah, aside from his moment of madness today, his handling has been spot on. Only a small sample size though, I still wouldn't be confident going into a season with him as no. 1. We need to make finding a keeper with good League Two experience a priority.

He was awful and Cartwright was an obvious upgrade, at the time. but since he came back in he’s been great. However I still want  a new number 1. Such an important position
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 75
Northbank Mariner
April 14, 2024, 7:40am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,547
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from Mariner_501

He was awful and Cartwright was an obvious upgrade, at the time. but since he came back in he’s been great. However I still want  a new number 1. Such an important position

Why?....Eastwood is better than he's being given credit for. Watched him intently recently and his ability to read the game, speed of thought, communication and reactions are superb.
Think he was harshly treated by the fans as his so called poor spell came when our defence couldn't defend against a primary school forward and he was forever being left exposed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 75
ska face
April 14, 2024, 7:50am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,824
Gold Stars: 854
Please have a word with yourself. Eastwood was rightly dropped after a spell of poor form including throwing one in his own net against Colchester, nothing to do with the defence. He’s done well enough in the last 3 games to maybe not get his contract cancelled but no more than that.

Cartwright, and all the other loan players, can go back. They’re someone else’s problem.
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 75
mariner91
April 14, 2024, 8:00am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,809
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Why?....Eastwood is better than he's being given credit for. Watched him intently recently and his ability to read the game, speed of thought, communication and reactions are superb.
Think he was harshly treated by the fans as his so called poor spell came when our defence couldn't defend against a primary school forward and he was forever being left exposed.

Eastwood was part of the reason the defence was so shaky. He exuded as much confidence and authority as I would if I were attempting to ask out Margot Robbie. I suspect Eastwood is one of those players that has the technical ability to be good and looks good in training but doesn’t have the personality for competitive professional sport. He absolutely can’t be the number 1 going in to next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 75
Yoda
April 14, 2024, 8:12am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,189
Gold Stars: 72
Eastwood looked good to me at the start of the season he did have a ropey spell but has returned and looks solid.
I would start him next season spend the money on the midfield.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 75
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.