CSLM
April 16, 2023, 3:00pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +645
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Or an alternative observation is that in the first half Michee wins the ball, beats a man, looks up crosses a really good ball in, Lloyd has time to bring it down but gets under it and heads it over.

Michee is no worse than several Town players when it comes to composure in attacking areas whether that’s poor ball control, passing, failing to see players in better space and pot shots.

I think fustrating is probably the right word to describe Efete. I guess that's what you get with players at this level and below.
His decision making and defending can on occasions be almost laughably bad but 90 seconds later he will do something outstanding that the majority of other players wouldn't be able to do.
It is the same going forward. One minute a fantastic powerful run to win a corner, the next an awful decision when in a good position.
I have noticed quite a few opposition fans have commented on him in a positive way, a Mansfield fan calls him a 'beast' on their forum. Southampton fans were very impressed with him and in that first half especially he looked the real deal.

I can kind of see why Hurst is sticking with him. There could well be a very decent player in there with a bit of time and confidence. Like I said there are moments when you question how is he a professional footballer, on the opposite side though when he is good he can be really good, well above most RBs in this division.

Suppose he is our TAA lol and gives Klopp, sorry Hurst, a dilemma.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 107
rancido
April 16, 2023, 3:39pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,668
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from CSLM

I think fustrating is probably the right word to describe Efete. I guess that's what you get with players at this level and below.
His decision making and defending can on occasions be almost laughably bad but 90 seconds later he will do something outstanding that the majority of other players wouldn't be able to do.
It is the same going forward. One minute a fantastic powerful run to win a corner, the next an awful decision when in a good position.
I have noticed quite a few opposition fans have commented on him in a positive way, a Mansfield fan calls him a 'beast' on their forum. Southampton fans were very impressed with him and in that first half especially he looked the real deal.

I can kind of see why Hurst is sticking with him. There could well be a very decent player in there with a bit of time and confidence. Like I said there are moments when you question how is he a professional footballer, on the opposite side though when he is good he can be really good, well above most RBs in this division.

Suppose he is our TAA lol and gives Klopp, sorry Hurst, a dilemma.

Yes, maybe he could be a good player. But he is 26 and I feel that if he hasn't grasped the basics of being a good , recognised League defender by now then he never will. I know Cropper has come in for some stick and has been regarded as inferior to Effete, but he is younger and possibly got more time to develop as a good defender. The thing in Croppers favour is that he will get a lot more opportunities to launch a long throw into the opponent's penalty area than Effete will get to put a cross into the same area.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 107
headingly_mariner
April 16, 2023, 6:08pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,408
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from rancido

Yes, maybe he could be a good player. But he is 26 and I feel that if he hasn't grasped the basics of being a good , recognised League defender by now then he never will. I know Cropper has come in for some stick and has been regarded as inferior to Effete, but he is younger and possibly got more time to develop as a good defender. The thing in Croppers favour is that he will get a lot more opportunities to launch a long throw into the opponent's penalty area than Effete will get to put a cross into the same area.

He is a good league defender and is far superior to Cropper. There's a reason Efete has played so often and Cropper is out on loan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 107
CSLM
April 16, 2023, 6:20pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +645
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from headingly_mariner

He is a good league defender and is far superior to Cropper. There's a reason Efete has played so often and Cropper is out on loan.

I don't think Cropper has been given a fair chance to prove himself tbf. Injuries haven't helped on that front I suppose.He certainly played his part towards the end of last season even if you ignore those long throws.

Actually it isn't possible to ignore those long throws. They are such a weapon and we should have used it more. Highly likely some of those home defeats/ draws could've been turned into draws/ victories with half an hour of chaos.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 107
Rodley Mariner
April 16, 2023, 6:33pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,279
Gold Stars: 185
Efete is frustrating. That ball in the second half was crappy considering the time he had. He was still our best attacking outlet in the first half albeit with little competition. He gets up and down in a way Cropper and Amos can't and without traditional wingers it's vital to provide some width. Glennon coming on meant we had a threat down both sides and I thought that was a massive part of us getting back into it as well as us being a lot more positive and looking to get the ball forward quicker.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 107
rancido
April 16, 2023, 6:36pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,668
Gold Stars: 102

Yes, there is a good reason - PH thinks Effete is better than Cropper. It's all down to opinions. I would rather have Cropper as a regular full back than Effete but that is my opinion.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 107
chaos33
April 16, 2023, 7:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,982
Gold Stars: 362
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Efete is frustrating. That ball in the second half was crappy considering the time he had. He was still our best attacking outlet in the first half albeit with little competition. He gets up and down in a way Cropper and Amos can't and without traditional wingers it's vital to provide some width. Glennon coming on meant we had a threat down both sides and I thought that was a massive part of us getting back into it as well as us being a lot more positive and looking to get the ball forward quicker.

Agree, and with lots of posts on this thread.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 107
HertsGTFC
April 16, 2023, 8:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,077
Gold Stars: 238

Cropper has only been out on loan for a few weeks, he’s been injured most of the season.

I’m not sure you can judge Cropper on a few L2 appearances this season.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 107
Mappers
April 16, 2023, 9:23pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.41
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,586
Gold Stars: 120
I can't help but love Michee
He does make the odd boo boo and other bits and pieces , but there is something endearing about him ,cant put my finger on what .
Think we all just need to support him through his more difficult moments .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 107
Mappers
April 16, 2023, 9:27pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.41
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,586
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from rancido

It is Michees first ever season in the league though , he could still improve on the flaws in his game. I think if we let him go he would be snapped up by another league 2 team be superb and then we would all be asking why did we let him go .In Michee we trust i say
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 107
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.