This thread currently has 3,181 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
TheFryingSquad
April 6, 2023, 6:43pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Approval: -124
Gold Stars: 11
I can only imagine that the numbers will go down next season.  Last year we finished on a real high and people in general had more cash available.  This year has had its high points but hyper inflation and end of season mediocrity will surely impact?  I think we’ll be below 5k.  Below 4,000 would be a catastrophe.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Nelly GTFC
April 6, 2023, 7:46pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,776
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from TheFryingSquad
I can only imagine that the numbers will go down next season.  Last year we finished on a real high and people in general had more cash available.  This year has had its high points but hyper inflation and end of season mediocrity will surely impact?  I think we’ll be below 5k.  Below 4,000 would be a catastrophe.
I think it will still be quite high, I would say a lot of people didn't bother buying a season ticket due to John Fenty owning the club. A lot of people work outside Grimsby, and/or live outside Grimsby so have a decent income, I think this comes partly into the reasons we have an above average away following compared to other clubs.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 31
lew chaterleys lover
April 6, 2023, 8:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,814
Gold Stars: 239
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
I think it will still be quite high, I would say a lot of people didn't bother buying a season ticket due to John Fenty owning the club. A lot of people work outside Grimsby, and/or live outside Grimsby so have a decent income, I think this comes partly into the reasons we have an above average away following compared to other clubs.

A lot of people who live in Grimsby also have a decent income of course, and certainly decent enough to afford a season ticket.

The question is more whether they will willingly part with their money. A lot will depend on ambition with signing players.

It was a good sign that Hurst said today the clubs hierarchy recognise they will have to pay the modern day rate for the better players. Interestingly he also said he thought a lot of players were paid too much but even he, albeit grudgingly had accepted the need to pay the going rate for wages if we are to get a hearing.

I suppose that confirmed what a lot of us suspected- we miss out on a lot of players  even considering us because of the hitherto refusal to pay the going rate.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 31
dapperz fun pub
April 6, 2023, 8:31pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,067
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from Nelly GTFC

I was always a bit unsure of hurst I could never figure out if I liked him or not …. Move forward to second time around i fooking love him he fooking gets this club and being from a similar downtrodden place rovrum I’m convinced he’s almost a fellow cod head …
Sorry I replied to the wrong post I’m 5 double vodkas in 🤣
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 31
Nelly GTFC
April 6, 2023, 9:21pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,776
Gold Stars: 31
Burnley population around 73,000 yet around 10,000 minimum League 2 and around 20,000 in Premiership and 13 to 20,000 when doing well in the Championship.  North East Lincolnshire population has shrunk to around 157,000 so maybe a few thousand of uptapped potential fan base?

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 31
HertsGTFC
April 6, 2023, 10:07pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,077
Gold Stars: 238
Might not reach the highs of this season but still think it will be decent.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 31
TheFryingSquad
April 6, 2023, 11:23pm
Shandy Drinker
Well thank you to those that took the time to offer their thoughts rather than just red cross through lack of basic human communication skills.  The respondents have given me multiple perspectives that I hadn’t considered, every days a learning day.  Oddly enough the majority have voted where my vote went.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 31
Lincoln Mariner 56
April 7, 2023, 12:04am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,784
Gold Stars: 82
Interesting that Lincoln have an early bird offer and to date have sold 4500 season tickets for next season and you do wonder given the continued high(ish) crowds at BP, despite the poor home form, and feel good factor if we shouldn’t have already had ours on sale.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 31
Norseman
April 7, 2023, 12:04am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +277
Gold Stars: 48
Think early summer recruitment and signs we are buying to compete next season will dictate numbers .Obviously cost and how much prices go up .Think we also have to factor how depressing watching town at home has been this season .  Think the majority in the poll will be there or thereabouts but nowhere near this year's 5800
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 31
TheFryingSquad
April 7, 2023, 12:13am
Shandy Drinker
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Interesting that Lincoln have an early bird offer and to date have sold 4500 season tickets for next season and you do wonder given the continued high(ish) crowds at BP, despite the poor home form, and feel good factor if we shouldn’t have already had ours on sale.

Haven’t they done this previously too?  A further discount for early takers must have a cashflow benefit, seems like a logical progression to me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 31
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 2023-2024 season ticket numbers

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.