Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › who will be in the team in 6 months time?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 124 Guests

who will be in the team in 6 months time?

This thread currently has 15,838 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Harry Haddock
April 28, 2021, 2:12am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +18 / -8
Approval: +670
Gold Stars: 5
I get the impression PH likes Coke and I wouldn't surprised if he tries to keep him on

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 97
aldi_01
April 28, 2021, 6:01am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Let’s be honest, with the addition of probably an out and out winger and a decent finisher this side wouldn’t actuslly be that bad.

Last time we were down here Hurst always managed to find a decent striker, hopefully that is the case this time...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 97
RonMariner
April 28, 2021, 6:59pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,866
Gold Stars: 231
I think the fact that we have not named full subs benches for the last couple of games suggests that he has basically told several squad players to sodomist off already and does not want them neat the team.

I think we will show a large number of the squad the door and bring in hard working pro's with the right attitude.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 97
forza ivano
April 28, 2021, 7:15pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,296
Gold Stars: 266
Think you're right Ron. Iknowyoursecrets claimed Williams had been told already. Seems pretty obvious rose is a gonner.
Scannell is an interesting one.seemed a certainty for the chop but he's been included in the last couple of squads.wonder If he might get a start Saturday, in mate's absence.
I haven't seen much of him, but am I right in saying that when he has played,he has looked good? Maybe hurst thinks he could be of use in the NL
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 97
April 28, 2021, 7:18pm
Guest User
Scannell has the ability, no doubt.
Reply: 84 - 97
toontown
April 28, 2021, 8:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from forza ivano
Think you're right Ron. Iknowyoursecrets claimed William's had been told already. Seems pretty obvious rose is a gonner.
Scannell is an interesting one.seemed a certaintyf the chop but hes been included the last couple of squads.wonder If he might get a start saturday in mate's absence.
I haven't seen much of him, but am I right in saying that when he has played,he has looked good? Maybe hurst thinks he could use in the NL

Agreed. If Hurst would rather have an empty space on the bench than Gibson, Rose, Williams it tells you everything you need to know about what he thinks of them. Maybe loans instead of payoff but surely they will all be elsewhere come the new season.

Scannell I would have thought was also one of the first out the door but just maybe their is a chink of light there? Considering even Holloway dropped him for attitude that really does surprise me.

Morais has already been told he will leave.

Waterfall signed a contract but it was mentioned at the time it had a relegation break clause, let's just hope that worked both ways as dropping to non league won't stop him being a calamity waiting to happen and we could get rid at no cost.

Jackson was rarely used by Hurst so I think he would rather get rid but we can't pay off EVERYBODY, and he will be cheap, so that might save him. Hurst did prefer out of position players to him though so he will be very peripheral if he stays I would think, no different to this year.

Macca is on big money and its his testimonial year and personal pride would make him inclined to stay and help us get back up, so I can't see him being paid off or agreeing to be loaned out. He will almost certainly be the highest paid keeper in non league which would leave us little room for manoeuvre in terms of justifying the of signing another first team keeper to challenge him though.

Max Wright has been injured almost all of Hurst tenure (no surprise) so will presumably be given a chance to prove himself.

Who else is already contracted apart from the shop who will obviously be staying?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 97
DB
April 28, 2021, 8:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.37
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,065
Gold Stars: 391
All told by everyone about players for next season I think the team for the Vale match, and Cambridge one, will make interesting reading.

It may give us an insight as to who Hurst wants and who's down the A180.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 97
Madeleymariner
April 28, 2021, 8:53pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,073
Gold Stars: 52
Scannell Worst croc we have had for years he makes Hanson look like a 50 game a season player in comparison has only managed about 13 games per season over the last 4 years. Get rid drain on budget
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 97
Swansea_Mariner
April 28, 2021, 9:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,478
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Scannell Worst croc we have had for years he makes Hanson look like a 50 game a season player in comparison has only managed about 13 games per season over the last 4 years. Get rid drain on budget

What really bugs me about him is we always seem to get a shot of him in the interviews running about doing reps yet he hardly appears in the matchday squad
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 97
forza ivano
April 28, 2021, 10:57pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,296
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from toontown

Waterfall signed a contract but it was mentioned at the time it had a relegation break clause, let's just hope that worked both ways as dropping to non league won't stop him being a calamity waiting to happen and we could get rid at no cost.

Jackson was rarely used by Hurst so I think he would rather get rid but we can't pay off EVERYBODY, and he will be cheap, so that might save him. Hurst did prefer out of position players to him though so he will be very peripheral if he stays I would think, no different to this year.

?

Waterfall & Pollock are equally interesting. Given the success of Menayese & Hewitt it's difficult to see us needing both of them (W&P), as they seem very similar (unless of course Pollock can lose a bit of weight and develop a turn of speed). Having said that i can see one of them being useful as a big physical stopper when we come up against those big old NL lumps up front
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 97
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › who will be in the team in 6 months time?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.