Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › National League at risk
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 80 Guests

National League at risk

This thread currently has 156,097 views. Print
90 Pages Prev ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... Next All Recommend Thread
TownSNAFU5
February 17, 2021, 3:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,908
Gold Stars: 42
We are not cheating to get penalties, or going into Administration to avoid paying debts.  Just having bad (or good) thoughts about NL League management.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 710 - 899
Fillipe Noche
February 17, 2021, 3:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
We are not cheating to get penalties, or going into Administration to avoid paying debts.  Just having bad (or good) thoughts about NL League management.  

Exactly right and couldn’t agree more. Through John’s expert business leadership, we as a club are financially sound, and should not be put at risk in a tin pot league that is financially unstable

Until the National League sorts itself out, I am advocating going back to the days when there was no promotion into the football league or relegation from the same.

If you want to be linked to the football league then you should at least have a duty to demonstrate stability and sustainability. For me the National League doesn’t. I’d hold that stance whether we were bottom of EFL2 or top of the Championship
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 711 - 899
Northbank Mariner
February 17, 2021, 3:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,564
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

Exactly right and couldn’t agree more. Through John’s expert business leadership, we as a club are financially sound, and should not be put at risk in a tin pot league that is financially unstable [b][/b]

Until the National League sorts itself out, I am advocating going back to the days when there was no promotion into the football league or relegation from the same.

If you want to be linked to the football league then you should at least have a duty to demonstrate stability and sustainability. For me the National League doesn’t. I’d hold that stance whether we were bottom of EFL2 or top of the Championship

I've come to the conclusion you are a parody account, either that or mentally unstable..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 712 - 899
denni266
February 17, 2021, 3:51pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +703
Gold Stars: 132
Through John’s expert business leadership, we as a club are financially sound, and should not be put at risk in a tin pot league that is financially unstable [b][/b]

Its because of his tight behind spending that we are in this mess  end of
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 713 - 899
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
February 17, 2021, 4:09pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59

Exactly right and couldn’t agree more. Through John’s expert business leadership, we as a club are financially sound, and should not be put at risk in a tin pot league that is financially unstable

What if we were in the top 2 of the National League?

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 714 - 899
BraStrap
February 17, 2021, 4:09pm
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: +92
Gold Stars: 1
Sounds like Step 2 is going to go null and void. Some teams to take legal action on grounds of restricted practices.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 715 - 899
MuddyWaters
February 17, 2021, 4:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
I am genuinely saddend how desperate you lads have become. Wanting teams to vote to end the legue when they have a chance of promotion - I am certain you would not be doing that if you were 1st/2nd in the NL. I would be stunned if any of you are bothered by how much debt Dover have or may carry forward.

I genuinally would hate to see you drop, as you are a decent size club, with a  rich history - But if you drop you deserve too - Not the fans fault, but decisons by your man JF have cost the club. But I do seem to remember pretty much everyone on here though IH was agreat appointment, and also good reception for most of the players signed.

Should have gone for someone on the way up, not the way down - Anyway I think you will survive, think Southend and Barrow will drop.  

Given the choice between staying in the league or the moral high ground, I'm happy for a 'null & void' outcome. Seems slightly odd that a fan of a  club that was non league more recently than us has lost his memory so rapidly.
Private Message
Reply: 716 - 899
DB
February 17, 2021, 4:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.36
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,065
Gold Stars: 391

£400K of loans which have not been paid off over the years is not financially sound. If it is financially sound why does JF want his money out, surely to keep the club financially sound it would be better for him to leave his money where it is?

PS  24 hours and still no answer to my other questions, how much more time do you need?

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 717 - 899
DB
February 17, 2021, 5:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.36
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,065
Gold Stars: 391
Chester 3rd in NLN have decided to stop playing. This may be an answer to all who say that teams in the promotion hunt will want to carry on. A new perspective on the whole messy situation.

https://nonleaguedaily.com/chester-will-not-play-until-decision-over-season-made/

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 718 - 899
Bristol Mariner
February 17, 2021, 6:18pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
I am genuinely saddend how desperate you lads have become. Wanting teams to vote to end the legue when they have a chance of promotion - I am certain you would not be doing that if you were 1st/2nd in the NL. I would be stunned if any of you are bothered by how much debt Dover have or may carry forward.

I genuinally would hate to see you drop, as you are a decent size club, with a  rich history - But if you drop you deserve too - Not the fans fault, but decisons by your man JF have cost the club. But I do seem to remember pretty much everyone on here though IH was agreat appointment, and also good reception for most of the players signed.

Should have gone for someone on the way up, not the way down - Anyway I think you will survive, think Southend and Barrow will drop.  

Patronising 🛎  end

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 719 - 899
90 Pages Prev ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › National League at risk

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.