Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Statement
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 142 Guests

New Statement

This thread currently has 30,336 views. Print
19 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Ipswin
December 26, 2020, 8:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from GollyGTFC

It's pretty obvious it was brinksmanship from Fenty. You don't give people a deadline for the full asking price. You give people a deadline when you're offering some sort of discount/deal.

Spot on Golly. Brinksmanship plays a massive part in all negotiations, the issue of tonights statement from Shutes & Co could be seen as another example. They have made a public statement disclosing they have changed (improved) the terms of their offer to Fenty knowing the furore it would produce amongst the fans and the extra pressure that would be beought to bear on Fenty to accept

All normal stuff, it's who plays the last card that counts and I think its Shutes

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 181
ginnywings
December 26, 2020, 8:42pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
The only reason I can see for JF to refuse, is his moving of the goalposts from a 3 year repayment to wanting it all by seasons end in his late night statement.

However, they have compromised and removed the relegation condition, so he should now also compromise and accept the 3 year deal, which he said he had accepted originally.

No reason why this shouldn't go ahead now given he will never get a better deal and if he stays, he'll lose most of the remaining fans. His family and friends should be having a word in his ear and telling him his time is up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 181
promotion plaice
December 26, 2020, 8:43pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,084
Gold Stars: 201

I would love the "New Stadium" to be on the docks, I never really liked the Freemo idea.

Just got a good feeling this takeover is going to happen now.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 181
Ipswin
December 26, 2020, 8:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings
The only reason I can see for JF to refuse, is his moving of the goalposts from a 3 year repayment to wanting it all by seasons end in his late night statement.

However, they have compromised and removed the relegation condition, so he should now also compromise and accept the 3 year deal, which he said he had accepted originally.

No reason why this shouldn't go ahead now given he will never get a better deal and if he stays, he'll lose most of the remaining fans. His family and friends should be having a word in his ear and telling him his time is up.

Exactly and I suspect that after a day's reflection tomorrow he will accept first thing Monday

Private Message
Reply: 123 - 181
friskneymariner
December 26, 2020, 8:45pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from friskneymariner
I would not comment on this until it authenticity has been established,lot of people could have egg on face.

Seems its authenticity has been established fire away.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 181
Ipswin
December 26, 2020, 8:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from promotion plaice

I would love the "New Stadium" to be on the docks, I never really liked the Freemo idea.

I think you are right but whether we live to see a stadium on the docks is another matter

Private Message
Reply: 125 - 181
monkeyboy
December 26, 2020, 8:46pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Is Donald trump advising mr fenty?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 181
immariner
December 26, 2020, 8:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,420
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from Ipswin

Spot on Golly. Brinksmanship plays a massive part in all negotiations, the issue of tonights statement from Shutes & Co could be seen as another example. They have made a public statement disclosing they have changed (improved) the terms of their offer to Fenty knowing the furore it would produce amongst the fans and the extra pressure that would be beought to bear on Fenty to accept

All normal stuff, it's who plays the last card that counts and I think its Shutes

It's a wily move and I'd say King Fenty is in checkmate.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 181
Grantham_Mariner
December 26, 2020, 8:49pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,221
Gold Stars: 52
Quoted from monkeyboy
Is Donald trump advising mr fenty?

Through Nigel I presume?

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 181
Heisenberg
December 26, 2020, 8:53pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,110
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from promotion plaice

What on Earth is wrong with the Freemo plan?! The docks
Is a pipe dream.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 181
19 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Statement

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.