pontoonlew
October 20, 2020, 9:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,067
Gold Stars: 178
Down to earth.

We can put that down as a bad day at the office and my god that was bad. Terrible from front to back apart from Tilley. Dreadful distribution all round, poor control of the ball and just generally clumsy.

I’d really like to see us try to stick to a starting XI now and work with our best players to get them right up to match fitness. From tonight’s display, only the Keeper (who btw put in his worst display for us in years) Defence and Tilley would even get near that starting XI for me. Spokes, Morton and Gibson need some serious work.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Northbank Mariner
October 20, 2020, 10:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,521
Gold Stars: 172
Thought Preston was poor tbh, first touch terrible and passed never reached one of our players.
Gibson, had some nice touches, the odd little flick but was feeding off scraps, lost that game in midfield for me today, Morton and Spokes were both weak links and could see how much we missed Rose sitting, breaking play up and taking control of the game.
Gomis looked a handful I must say but today was poor, very poor, think Ollie got it wrong and proves non of us are infallible..on to Saturday, hope and pray for better than that shower I watched tonight
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 68
dicko995
October 20, 2020, 10:17pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -251
Gold Stars: 25
Harrogate never gave us time to play, they are a well focused team, played together from first game of season. Yes we had a bad game and players werent on the ball,so to speak.  We pick ourselves up, dust ourselves down, and go again on saturday, hopefully with the right choice of team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 68
ginnywings
October 20, 2020, 10:20pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Forgettable game, forgettable result. Learn from it and move on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 68
gobby
October 20, 2020, 10:21pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +776
Gold Stars: 7
We were poor. We go again Saturday.  
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 68
October 20, 2020, 10:41pm
Guest User
Painful to watch that.

Some players looked tired and sloppy. Both physically and mentally.

Some players look like they have a lot to learn before making it at this level

Some players looked looked good. Ok only Tilley did

And our manager has just lost his mate. Which will clearly have a knock on effect to the Him his staff and his team.

Throw in Edwards injury. A pretty excrement day really.
Reply: 5 - 68
Sussexmariner
October 20, 2020, 10:41pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +618
Gold Stars: 18
Bennett looked way out of his depth on that showing as did Spokes. Too many players for whatever reason had a poor game whether be it playing the wrong system, tiredness or just a very good Harrogate team just simply out played them.

Not many plus points from tonight but.....Gomis looks like he could cause problems in a front 3 but not stuck on the left. Waterfall is a quality defender at this level, play him every game, play our best 11 until any individual starts to get tired then rest him, these wholesale changes every game will only slow down any continuity will we get

Are we any closer to getting promoted since Hurst has been here? No

Has he been given time to achieve promotion by the chairman and fans? Yes

Hurst out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 68
Heisenberg
October 20, 2020, 10:42pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,085
Gold Stars: 93
IH is learning about the squad. No pre season to do so. He’s almost being apologetic to the players who’ve yet to start. BUT, I think he’ll have learnt a lot tonight and will start to get more ruthless. Onwards and upwards.

Oh, and fair play to Harrogate, they were better than us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 68
moosey_club
October 20, 2020, 10:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,269
Gold Stars: 226
Harrogate were fitter, well drilled, organised, brighter, sharper, stronger all over.

In comparison we looked like a team of strangers, which in reality that starting 11 was , strangers, in a new formation , with new partnerships all over the park , players starting their first games, having to turn to subs who have hardly kicked a ball in anger......foregone conclusion in hindsight.  

Dint play well but we werent allowed to either.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 68
Swansea_Mariner
October 20, 2020, 10:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,465
Gold Stars: 63
Harrogate were very good pressing all game. Frankly we didn't deserve anything.

I thought Tilley, Clifton,  Waterfall  and Pollock were excellent but apart from them we were very poor, Morton and Spokes especially so. I also thought it was Preston's weakest game so far, he didn't seem leggy  just overrun.

Ollie got the formation and the selection wrong, but and it's a big but, I think we do need to recognise that they are just further along than us, a well drilled, settled , established side.

I think we will get there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 68
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.