Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: pontoonlew, October 20, 2020, 9:51pm
Down to earth.

We can put that down as a bad day at the office and my god that was bad. Terrible from front to back apart from Tilley. Dreadful distribution all round, poor control of the ball and just generally clumsy.

I’d really like to see us try to stick to a starting XI now and work with our best players to get them right up to match fitness. From tonight’s display, only the Keeper (who btw put in his worst display for us in years) Defence and Tilley would even get near that starting XI for me. Spokes, Morton and Gibson need some serious work.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, October 20, 2020, 10:00pm; Reply: 1
Thought Preston was poor tbh, first touch terrible and passed never reached one of our players.
Gibson, had some nice touches, the odd little flick but was feeding off scraps, lost that game in midfield for me today, Morton and Spokes were both weak links and could see how much we missed Rose sitting, breaking play up and taking control of the game.
Gomis looked a handful I must say but today was poor, very poor, think Ollie got it wrong and proves non of us are infallible..on to Saturday, hope and pray for better than that shower I watched tonight
Posted by: dicko995, October 20, 2020, 10:17pm; Reply: 2
Harrogate never gave us time to play, they are a well focused team, played together from first game of season. Yes we had a bad game and players werent on the ball,so to speak.  We pick ourselves up, dust ourselves down, and go again on saturday, hopefully with the right choice of team.
Posted by: ginnywings, October 20, 2020, 10:20pm; Reply: 3
Forgettable game, forgettable result. Learn from it and move on.
Posted by: gobby, October 20, 2020, 10:21pm; Reply: 4
We were poor. We go again Saturday.  8)
UTMM
Posted by: 3610 (Guest), October 20, 2020, 10:41pm; Reply: 5
Painful to watch that.

Some players looked tired and sloppy. Both physically and mentally.

Some players look like they have a lot to learn before making it at this level

Some players looked looked good. Ok only Tilley did

And our manager has just lost his mate. Which will clearly have a knock on effect to the Him his staff and his team.

Throw in Edwards injury. A pretty excrement day really.
Posted by: Sussexmariner, October 20, 2020, 10:41pm; Reply: 6
Bennett looked way out of his depth on that showing as did Spokes. Too many players for whatever reason had a poor game whether be it playing the wrong system, tiredness or just a very good Harrogate team just simply out played them.

Not many plus points from tonight but.....Gomis looks like he could cause problems in a front 3 but not stuck on the left. Waterfall is a quality defender at this level, play him every game, play our best 11 until any individual starts to get tired then rest him, these wholesale changes every game will only slow down any continuity will we get
Posted by: Heisenberg, October 20, 2020, 10:42pm; Reply: 7
IH is learning about the squad. No pre season to do so. He’s almost being apologetic to the players who’ve yet to start. BUT, I think he’ll have learnt a lot tonight and will start to get more ruthless. Onwards and upwards.

Oh, and fair play to Harrogate, they were better than us.
Posted by: moosey_club, October 20, 2020, 10:46pm; Reply: 8
Harrogate were fitter, well drilled, organised, brighter, sharper, stronger all over.

In comparison we looked like a team of strangers, which in reality that starting 11 was , strangers, in a new formation , with new partnerships all over the park , players starting their first games, having to turn to subs who have hardly kicked a ball in anger......foregone conclusion in hindsight.  

Dint play well but we werent allowed to either.

Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, October 20, 2020, 10:46pm; Reply: 9
Harrogate were very good pressing all game. Frankly we didn't deserve anything.

I thought Tilley, Clifton,  Waterfall  and Pollock were excellent but apart from them we were very poor, Morton and Spokes especially so. I also thought it was Preston's weakest game so far, he didn't seem leggy  just overrun.

Ollie got the formation and the selection wrong, but and it's a big but, I think we do need to recognise that they are just further along than us, a well drilled, settled , established side.

I think we will get there.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, October 20, 2020, 10:46pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Sussexmariner
Bennett looked way out of his depth on that showing as did Spokes. Too many players for whatever reason had a poor game whether be it playing the wrong system, tiredness or just a very good Harrogate team just simply out played them.

Not many plus points from tonight but.....Gomis looks like he could cause problems in a front 3 but not stuck on the left. Waterfall is a quality defender at this level, play him every game, play our best 11 until any individual starts to get tired then rest him, these wholesale changes every game will only slow down any continuity will we get

Given where Bennett has played most of his professional career it’s a bit rich to say he’s out his depth in the bottom half of L2, not match fit or prepared would be a better description.
Posted by: Mariner_501, October 20, 2020, 10:49pm; Reply: 11
Fourth game this season I’ve seen. 3 losses and a draw where we didn’t have a shot on target.

Two games i have missed have both been wins. My fault.

Preston is class but this was his worst game for us.

Morton and Spokes were garbage.

Not sure what people saw in Gomis. Lost the ball every time he had it and never seemed to be in the right positions.
Posted by: Tinymariner, October 20, 2020, 11:12pm; Reply: 12
Harrogate were horrible tonight, from their bench screaming and shouting at every challenge, verbally abusing Ollie, and their players falling over and screaming at every challenge but very willing to give it out.
I’m not excusing some very sloppy passing by our lads, including Hendrie, Morton and dare I criticise Clifton at times too, he really does go missing at times yet comes up with a great challenge to keep everyone off his back. Great to be there tonight, felt warming to be in the stands.
Posted by: Sussexmariner, October 21, 2020, 12:08am; Reply: 13
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Given where Bennett has played most of his professional career it’s a bit rich to say he’s out his depth in the bottom half of L2, not match fit or prepared would be a better description.

Admittedly May be a bit strong to say out of his depth but...

No matter where you have played on a pitch as a player to give the ball away so often with constant poor passing and decision making is/was unacceptable. The fact he came on as sub and was then subbed himself said a lot
Posted by: lukeo, October 21, 2020, 6:52am; Reply: 14
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

I thought Tilley, Clifton,  Waterfall  and Pollock were excellent but apart from them we were very poor, Morton and Spokes especially so. I also thought it was Preston's weakest game so far, he didn't seem leggy  just overrun.

Ollie got the formation and the selection wrong, but and it's a big but, I think we do need to recognise that they are just further along than us, a well drilled, settled , established side.

I was about to post my views but you've got them spot on for me.
Posted by: aldi_01, October 21, 2020, 7:14am; Reply: 15
It was just excrement. Sometimes it happens I guess.

I understand rotation and whether we like it or not the fitness excuse is going to be trotted out all season but tonight I felt the changes to the team and system didn’t help us.

Did well to get straight back in to the game after a howler but we never really looked like winning the game. The substitute in the first half was forced but ended up being completely ineffective.

Clifton once again had a decent game, although being pushed all over because of the shape. Pollock did ok, Preston looks decent too.

It was a poor game from our perspective and we have to pick ourselves up and just get going again.

Whether Bennett is out of his depth will remain to be seen but he was very poor when he came on, which I’m sure he’d admit, hopefully he improves. Spokes wasn’t much better either and Gomis didn’t seem to do much.

Move on to Saturday and hopefully find a performance that’s half way there to last Tuesday and we’ll do alright.
Posted by: Hagrid, October 21, 2020, 7:24am; Reply: 16
Inreally dont know why pollocks getting any praise here? Was very poor last night, turned inside out. Waterfall pick of a bad bunch for me. We move on, just one of them games
Posted by: Davec, October 21, 2020, 8:26am; Reply: 17
I am surprised to see people think Gomis looked a threat and looked a handful as I disagree.

Yes he has some pace but he kept on giving the ball away when he had the ball (not alone in that) and his first touch was extremely heavy at times (again not alone)

Preston looked absolutely knackered, and desperately needs a rest but then who do you bring in with Hewitt still out injured and the only other left back we have is out on loan at Cleethorpes and is only 16.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 21, 2020, 8:36am; Reply: 18

Completely this, but I'd add that Macca probably should have let that ball run out for the first goal and turning our free kick into their 2nd goal was poor.

I think we have enough in the squad to be half decent at this level.      
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 21, 2020, 9:04am; Reply: 19
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Completely this, but I'd add that Macca probably should have let that ball run out for the first goal and turning our free kick into their 2nd goal was poor.

I think you’re right. We’ll be half decent. And half bad. Maybe it’ll settle down in a month or two and we’ll be able to develop a consistent squad.

Apart from the goal I didn’t think Tilley was all that. He holds onto the ball too long too often. He’s a good player but it seems as if there’s too much ego in there for him to pass the ball quick enough.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, October 21, 2020, 9:20am; Reply: 20
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I think you’re right. We’ll be half decent. And half bad. Maybe it’ll settle down in a month or two and we’ll be able to develop a consistent squad.

Apart from the goal I didn’t think Tilley was all that. He holds onto the ball too long too often. He’s a good player but it seems as if there’s too much ego in there for him to pass the ball quick enough.

I think it is often there is no movement in front and no one to pass to.
Posted by: Withnail, October 21, 2020, 9:23am; Reply: 21
Quoted from Mariner_501
Fourth game this season I’ve seen. 3 losses and a draw where we didn’t have a shot on target.

Two games i have missed have both been wins. My fault.

Preston is class but this was his worst game for us.

Morton and Spokes were garbage.

Not sure what people saw in Gomis. Lost the ball every time he had it and never seemed to be in the right positions.

I'm the other way around... I've watched two games so far this season - Cheltenham and Leyton Orient. Maybe you should do the decent thing and pay for me to watch the game on Saturday instead 😎 UTM 🐟🐟🐟
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, October 21, 2020, 9:37am; Reply: 22
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Can't agree with you there about Tilley KM ( but I won't be giving you an x  ;)  )

If anything when he joined us I'd say he played well within himself so it's good to see him looking to impose himself on a game now

He was unlucky not to score at Walsall with that effort late on that hit the post and while his goal at Cheltenham was lucky to have gone in, last night it was great to see him go for the chance as it arose and he put it away very well indeed

Maybe he did hold on to the ball a bit last night but to my mind, that might have been more because he knew more what to do with it than some of his team-mates around him

I think if he carries on with a good run in a side that plays together regularly, he'll do very well for us

UTM
Posted by: golfer, October 21, 2020, 9:46am; Reply: 23
You can't just blame the players for that woeful performance - Olly has to now pick the best possible available team instead of all this changing
Posted by: monkeyboy, October 21, 2020, 10:13am; Reply: 24
Harrogate are a decent settled side, settled being the word.

We are still probably trying to find our best team out at the moment.

We have some good players not even in the squad last night like Williams, Scannel, Mohsni, Ohman and Rose so no need to panic as Ollie knows what these guys bring.most of them would go into most league 2 teams.

Was hoping Jackson jnr was going to get a run last night rather than Gibson just to see what hes about, after all he slammed 2 in for the reserves so is on the right track.
Posted by: Ipswin, October 21, 2020, 10:27am; Reply: 25
Quoted from monkeyboy

We have some good players not even in the squad last night like Williams, Scannel, Mohsni, Ohman and Rose so no need to panic as Ollie knows what these guys bring.most of them would go into most league 2 teams.

Shame he didn't bloody well pick them then!

Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, October 21, 2020, 10:38am; Reply: 26
Agree we have a number of what may be regarded as our better, or experienced players, missing but mystified by the absence of Sean Scannell who played all our first game and looked more than decent despite his obvious lack of match fitness. He also played for the reserves last week but has not made our bench in either game since and would, I would suggest, have been the ideal replacement for Edwards last night.

We continue Saturday/Tuesday in L2 for another two weeks and after that the 2 Tuesday night matches are EFL cup games so I expect after what IH has said we may well see this change of team approach continue for another 4 league games and I would hope after that all players should have reached the required levels of fitness and from then on we will see our best team selected on a much more regular basis.
Posted by: grimps, October 21, 2020, 10:52am; Reply: 27
Quoted from monkeyboy
Harrogate are a decent settled side, settled being the word.

We are still probably trying to find our best team out at the moment.

Was hoping Jackson jnr was going to get a run last night rather than Gibson just to see what hes about, after all he slammed 2 in for the reserves so is on the right track.

I think we all knew they was a decent team , well everyone except Ollie who decided to hand a load of youth team debuts out again .
It’s alright getting great away wins but we can’t just sacrifice 3 points in the name of fitness the week after
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, October 21, 2020, 11:25am; Reply: 28
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Totally agree and it goes to show how fine the margins are.

Their first goal was a total freak goal, bet Macca was still thinking about that at 3AM.  Their second though Miller showed some real quality close control bringing the ball down on the run like that, real class that, but again we got unlucky with Maccas parry falling in the worst possible place.
Posted by: 139881 (Guest), October 21, 2020, 11:37am; Reply: 29
Quoted from golfer
You can't just blame the players for that woeful performance - Olly has to now pick the best possible available team instead of all this changing

Agreed.. especially a team like Harrogate yesterday who are on good form. Will need our best XI for Carlisle on Saturday. It's probably a better idea to rotate the squad (if we were playing them) for the likes of Scunthorpe, Southend, Bolton, Barrow... teams who haven't had the best of starts

Best possible XI every game and deal with injuries as and when they come
Posted by: Ipswin, October 21, 2020, 11:45am; Reply: 30
Quoted from grimps

I think we all knew they was a decent team , well everyone except Ollie who decided to hand a load of youth team debuts out again .
It’s alright getting great away wins but we can’t just sacrifice 3 points in the name of fitness the week after

I just wish he'd play the best players who he already knows and saves the young inexperienced non league lot for the EFL cup games We can't piuss about for another 3 or 4 league games before he makes his mind up FFS

Posted by: Gaffer58, October 21, 2020, 12:02pm; Reply: 31
Is Ollie a bit of a tinkerman though, I know at the moment he says fitness etc is why he keeps rotating the team but, he has a squad of around 28/29 players that he has to keep happy, also 6 loanees where he can only play 5 max, and probably has to to keep their parent clubs happy by playing them as much as possible. So we might have to get use to the rotation.
Posted by: Teesknees, October 21, 2020, 12:06pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from Ipswin

Shame he didn't bloody well pick them then!

You must be a lot happier now you've got something to complain about!

Good for you!
Posted by: jamesgtfc, October 21, 2020, 12:47pm; Reply: 33
Totally different set of circumstances this season. When you look at the last 4 games, Harrogate was the one we were most likely to lose.

Bolton was a step into the unknown but we got a point then followed it up with 6 points. I would have taken 7 points from 12 when we came back from isolation 2 weeks ago!
Posted by: Ipswin, October 21, 2020, 12:56pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from Gaffer58
Is Ollie a bit of a tinkerman though, I know at the moment he says fitness etc is why he keeps rotating the team but, he has a squad of around 28/29 players that he has to keep happy, also 6 loanees where he can only play 5 max, and probably has to to keep their parent clubs happy by playing them as much as possible. So we might have to get use to the rotation.

Makes a change from complaints about a lack of players I suppose

Perhaps he shouldn't have gone mad bringing so many unknown 8th tier players, who plainly aren't going to feature much or deliver much if they do
Posted by: Ipswin, October 21, 2020, 12:58pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from Teesknees

You must be a lot happier now you've got something to complain about!

Good for you!

My apologies I didn't realise so were so pleased with last night's 'performance' (I use the word loosely)
Posted by: Ipswin, October 21, 2020, 1:01pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from jamesgtfc
When you look at the last 4 games, Harrogate was the one we were most likely to lose.

I don't see that at all, it was a home game against a side newly out of non-league after 5 league games to get a) fit and b) organised

I think Cheltenham was the one we were least likely to win and it was probably the best performance!

Posted by: jamesgtfc, October 21, 2020, 1:34pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from Ipswin

I don't see that at all, it was a home game against a side newly out of non-league after 5 league games to get a) fit and b) organised

I think Cheltenham was the one we were least likely to win and it was probably the best performance!

Fresh out of non-league having kept fit for the play-offs which they won a month before our season started so they have a massive head start on most when it comes to fitness.

Having got to the FA Trophy final, they could only play a maximum of 6 new players which meant they had to keep most of their team together.

They are probably fitter, or at least more match fit, than any other team in this league.

Compare that to our team which has been cobbled together. Bennett has come here after Bristol Rovers wouldn't even allow him to train there. Bringing him on after 5 minutes was a mistake.
Posted by: diehardmariner, October 21, 2020, 2:28pm; Reply: 38
Hmm...

Bit of two steps forward, one step back really wasn't it?

Disappointing all round.  Preston needs a rest, which is very understandable.  Any idea when Hewitt is due back?

Morton and Spokes look ok individually but far too inexperienced to be a pairing in my eyes.  They looked like they needed someone to hold their hands at times last night.  Morton in particular could have done with someone grabbing hold of him to tell him that lofted pass out to the wing wasn't working.  Clifton's getting shunted all over the place when I think we could do with his energy in the middle on a settled basis.

We were never really in it but once we brought Hanson on we panicked and reverted to just hoofing it at him, just at the point when we seemed to be getting Tilley into the game to try something different.

Harrogate, as cynical and at times a bit embarrassing as they were, were very good.  Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if they're in the mix at the end of the season.
Posted by: golfer, October 21, 2020, 3:13pm; Reply: 39
How on Earth can you say Morton and Spokes look o.k. individually - I haven't seen them do one thing "o.k." even the basics seem pretty hard for them at the moment.
Posted by: pen penfras, October 21, 2020, 5:41pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from golfer
How on Earth can you say Morton and Spokes look o.k. individually - I haven't seen them do one thing "o.k." even the basics seem pretty hard for them at the moment.

Spokes doesn't look ready for this level yet. He's not terrible, but certainly doesn't impact on the game and doesn't stand out as having any real strong part to his game, more an all rounder.
Morton looks a bit more composed, but his passing was poor yesterday and he's also more of an all rounder than any specific strength to his game.

I don't understand the selection. It seems like the formation was decided first, then tried to shoehorn players into it whilst changing everybody outside the defence. Clifton is on form and probably been the best midfielder so far, but got pushed out to wingback where he always looks out of position to me. I'm not buying that professional footballers can't play two games a week and we rest players one or two at a time. They looked like a team of strangers, because that's what they were.

Goes down as we had an off day against a very athletic side, that forced us into mistakes the way we did Cheltenham and Leyton Orient last week.
Posted by: Gaffer58, October 21, 2020, 6:12pm; Reply: 41
People are saying that Harrogate kept their squad from last season, but why wouldn’t they, a squad that was used to each other, used to winning so confident, and this is what we  should have done when we came up from the Conference, but no we changed that many players that it was like starting from scratch again, but hey that was 3/4 years ago so let’s get on with this season and ensure we finish above scunny, ( and at the moment that looks easy peasy)
Posted by: pen penfras, October 21, 2020, 6:28pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from Gaffer58
People are saying that Harrogate kept their squad from last season, but why wouldn’t they, a squad that was used to each other, used to winning so confident, and this is what we  should have done when we came up from the Conference, but no we changed that many players that it was like starting from scratch again, but hey that was 3/4 years ago so let’s get on with this season and ensure we finish above scunny, ( and at the moment that looks easy peasy)

The 2nd half of that season, we limped into the playoffs. Who in that squad would get into our team now? Amond, Bogle, Nolan, McKeown and Nsiala.

We were better the 2 seasons before that, but we had bad luck in the important moments.
Posted by: Teestogreen, October 21, 2020, 6:34pm; Reply: 43
Think Town first half performance at Leyton Orient is the team / formation to build on.
Windsor was eased in to the concrete sidelines in this half.
Thought he was finished but returned to be able to drive in to their penalty area in the last minute of the match. Exceptional performance by him. Looking forward to Windsor, Foster and Taylor back for Saturday.
Posted by: Davec, October 21, 2020, 7:30pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from Teestogreen
Think Town first half performance at Leyton Orient is the team / formation to build on.
Thought he was finished but returned to be able to drive in to their penalty area in the last minute of the match. Exceptional performance by him. Looking forward to Windsor, Foster and Taylor back for Saturday.

Is Foster a new player we signed without me knowing?😉
Posted by: Ipswin, October 21, 2020, 7:33pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from Davec

Is Foster a new player we signed without me knowing?😉

Could easily be, I think even Holloway has probably lost track of how many he's signed

Posted by: jamesgtfc, October 21, 2020, 7:50pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from pen penfras

The 2nd half of that season, we limped into the playoffs. Who in that squad would get into our team now? Amond, Bogle, Nolan, McKeown and Nsiala.

We were better the 2 seasons before that, but we had bad luck in the important moments.

The travesty is we only kept 2 of them and sold one of them in January. We should have moved heaven and earth to keep Amond. Pearson didn't disgrace himself at all either. In fact, he got better as the season went on but Slade wanted an influential character like him gone so he could bring in his own yes man Nathan Clarke.

Clay would have been an improvement on Berrett, Summerfield, McAllister and Vose.  I know Arnold never did perform well in the league but he would have offered more end product than Bolarinwa.

Mills was alright but Tait was a much better right back.

I know we were doing alright when Hurst left but breaking apart that squad shouldn't have been allowed to happen without a fight.
Posted by: Teestogreen, October 21, 2020, 8:04pm; Reply: 47
Really good player Ron - easily better than last nights midfield 😎
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, October 21, 2020, 8:07pm; Reply: 48
Some rose tinted glasses here that squad Amond and Bogles goals apart was a barely decent conference side that scrapped into the playoffs and even then almost went out to Braintree.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, October 21, 2020, 8:18pm; Reply: 49
We don’t want many team changes between games.  When we do this we are more likely to lose the next match.  When we do lose we need team changes for the next match.

We rotate the team because a number of players are allegedly not fit enough.  We also rest players - well, to give them rest and more recovery time. The returning players to the team should be fit and fresh.  Some look to be more tired than fit in the second-half.
Posted by: arryarryarry, October 21, 2020, 8:32pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from jamesgtfc

The travesty is we only kept 2 of them and sold one of them in January. We should have moved heaven and earth to keep Amond. Pearson didn't disgrace himself at all either. In fact, he got better as the season went on but Slade wanted an influential character like him gone so he could bring in his own yes man Nathan Clarke.

Clay would have been an improvement on Berrett, Summerfield, McAllister and Vose.  I know Arnold never did perform well in the league but he would have offered more end product than Bolarinwa.

Mills was alright but Tait was a much better right back.

I know we were doing alright when Hurst left but breaking apart that squad shouldn't have been allowed to happen without a fight.

Clay wouldn't have been an improvement on me.
Posted by: Tommy, October 22, 2020, 9:21am; Reply: 51
Pass maps from Tuesday night:

https://twitter.com/DymondFormation/status/1319183048886390784?s=19

Think I've seen Tilley and Spokes come in for criticism for their passing. Stats for both are ok. Especially Tilley, he only played 2 unsuccessful passes and one of those was a corner.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, October 22, 2020, 9:37am; Reply: 52
Amazing that Morton came in for criticism for being anonymous yet completed 48/65 passes and by far the busiest midfielder.

I thought Morton was anonymous watching on TV.
Posted by: Ipswin, October 22, 2020, 9:50am; Reply: 53
Some rose tinted glasses here that squad Amond and Bogles goals apart was a barely decent conference side that scrapped into the playoffs and even then almost went out to Braintree.

The current lot wouldn't have beaten Braintree or Forest Green

Bristol Rovers who (literally) scraped through kept their promotion winning team together and look what happened to them the first season back in the FL

Hurst has a lot to answer for
Posted by: ginnywings, October 22, 2020, 10:04am; Reply: 54
Quoted from jamesgtfc
Amazing that Morton came in for criticism for being anonymous yet completed 48/65 passes and by far the busiest midfielder.

That's why we employ managers and coaches.  ;)

Harrogate are further along their path than we are and it showed. They also have more experienced and well drilled players who know their roles in the team. We will get better as the season progresses, I'm sure of that.
Posted by: Abdul19, October 22, 2020, 10:33am; Reply: 55

Only time we had a consistent run of results was the 2 months Townsend was on loan.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, October 22, 2020, 11:30am; Reply: 56
Anyone know where the datasets for those heatmaps come from (I'm not on Twitter)?
Posted by: mimma, October 22, 2020, 11:35am; Reply: 57
Harrogate have been together as a team for a long time, our team have just been put together and are still getting to know each other. That was the big difference Tuesday night.
Posted by: golfer, October 22, 2020, 12:19pm; Reply: 58
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I wish he had been even more anonymous. 48/65 passes - I must have gone to the toilet then 48 times because I didn't see one.
Posted by: toontown, October 22, 2020, 12:33pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from Tommy
Pass maps from Tuesday night:

https://twitter.com/DymondFormation/status/1319183048886390784?s=19

Think I've seen Tilley and Spokes come in for criticism for their passing. Stats for both are ok. Especially Tilley, he only played 2 unsuccessful passes and one of those was a corner.

I think the criticism of Tilley would have been in not making passes on occasion and taking on too much, rather than making failed passes. To be fair he was certainly our best player on the night and probably felt he was best keeping the ball and having a go himself!
Posted by: Heswall Mariner, October 22, 2020, 1:37pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from Teestogreen

Perhaps Teestogreen  was sub consciously thinking of Ron Foster who of course played for both Town & Orient in the 60"s?
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 22, 2020, 1:42pm; Reply: 61
Quoted from toontown

I think the criticism of Tilley would have been in not making passes on occasion and taking on too much, rather than making failed passes. To be fair he was certainly our best player on the night and probably felt he was best keeping the ball and having a go himself!

That grid second last on bottom line looks a bit complicated.  ;D
Posted by: rancido, October 22, 2020, 1:49pm; Reply: 62
Quoted from golfer

I wish he had been even more anonymous. 48/65 passes - I must have gone to the toilet then 48 times because I didn't see one.

Should've gone to Specsavers!
Posted by: golfer, October 22, 2020, 4:26pm; Reply: 63
Quoted from rancido

Should've gone to Specsavers!

I agree he should have
Posted by: Tommy, October 22, 2020, 4:57pm; Reply: 64
Quoted from golfer

A prime example of "people see what they want to see."

(Unless you did actually go to the toilet 48 times)
Posted by: golfer, October 22, 2020, 6:34pm; Reply: 65
water works must have been playing up the game before as well :)
Posted by: Teestogreen, October 22, 2020, 9:01pm; Reply: 66
Plus  - Foster is an anagram of Forest and subliminally at the moment of writing converted George Williams in to his previous club name. As someone said - Town have signed that many players on - it seems hard to take in. Thanks for assistance Heswall  :)

I'm sure we signed a goalscorer from Folkstone Victoria (university graduate)  - but not sure if that player has been in the squad yet - can anyone help? T I C

UTM
Posted by: Teestogreen, October 22, 2020, 10:20pm; Reply: 67
It’s ok - got it
F Invicta and Ira Jackson.
This guy has waited to get university qualification (I’m sure I read) before jumping in with his football ability.
I hope he can expand on his success at Folkestone with Town
UTM
Posted by: Heswall Mariner, October 23, 2020, 5:02pm; Reply: 68
Quoted from Teestogreen
Plus  - Foster is an anagram of Forest and subliminally at the moment of writing converted George Williams in to his previous club name. As someone said - Town have signed that many players on - it seems hard to take in. Thanks for assistance Heswall  :)

I'm sure we signed a goalscorer from Folkstone Victoria (university graduate)  - but not sure if that player has been in the squad yet - can anyone help? T I C

UTM

Ha - bit of quick thinking there Teestogreen!
Print page generated: May 17, 2024, 6:15pm