Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Coronavirus
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
DB and 31 Guests

Coronavirus

This thread currently has 386,059 views. Print
347 Pages Prev ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
March 17, 2020, 1:39am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,841
Gold Stars: 222
It's better than living in LA in the states ginny.

Big queues at a shop waiting for it to open , not a supermarket a gun shop.

All wanting to buy guns.

You are not getting my toilet rolls you punk  bang bang  😯

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 390 - 3468
ska face
March 17, 2020, 8:29am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,848
Gold Stars: 854
And so it turns out that the science “informing” the herd immunity strategy was, in fact, wrong and could lead to around 250,000 deaths.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/alexwickham/coronavirus-uk-strategy-deaths

Whoever would’ve thought that doing the exact opposite of almost every single country affected and in direct opposition to the advice of the World Health Organisation might be a risky move?

Still, we wake to see the tiny island nation of New Zealand have launched a financial stimulus to help their country:

New Zealand -
🇳🇿 amounts to 4% of GDP (NZ$12bn)
🇳🇿 benefits up $25 (£12.40) per week
🇳🇿 doubles Winter Energy Payment
🇳🇿 wage subsidy package of $585 (£290) pw
🇳🇿 new Covid sickpay scheme
🇳🇿 $600m for Airline industry

I sincerely hope today is the day that the 6th largest economy on earth can find some money to prevent people losing their jobs, homes, businesses or lives. Better late then never.
Private Message
Reply: 391 - 3468
Ipswin
March 17, 2020, 8:37am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
If anyone needs evidence of the government's weak half baked dithering approach it is in yesterday's ridiculous 'avoid bars restaurants theatres etc' statement.

FFS COMPULSORILY CLOSE THE LOT DOWN NOW! (should have been done a week ago), close everything apart from supermarkets and food shops and chemists.

People were / are still going to the confined indoor spaces of theatres and cinemas (while football has been halted) ridiculous

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 392 - 3468
golfer
March 17, 2020, 8:40am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.28
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from ginnywings
Can't believe the backlash ska is receiving for pointing out the pathetic dithering of Boris and his "advisers". Still we are no clearer today despite the latest round of advice. It's pretty much asking us to self mangage and self isolate, with no clear instructions or steps to force people do what should be done. We have queues of people at supermarkets waiting to get in so they can literally come to blows over bog roll and pasta. People being told they are to be laid off for up to eight weeks with no pay and not a single mention of any financial help from the Government. They are asking folk to stay at home and not travel, but should still go out and exercise.

I watched the news tonight and was literally gobsmacked by what i was seeing. While the rest of Europe locks down it's citizens and puts financial plans in pace to help those who need help, we bumble along asking people to do the right thing and offering no help whatsoever for people to do so.

Spot on Ginny. My grandaughter is a nurse in France,obviously caring for coronavirus patients,and it is being looked into by the French Government that all nurses do not go home but be given special accomodation because there is a high risk that they could infect their families. I have been a fan of Boris but he is slipping up BIG TIME at the moment. BAN -BAN-STOP-STOP-ORDER ORDER.   Don't suggest or advise.
Get compensating,get the insurance companies paying out. They wont unless the government bans flights,bans pubs etc. What  do I do after my 3 months isolation -do I go to the shop and catch the virus and then lay down and die All it has done is delay the inevitable. Do what France has done-be tough and stop passing the buck. Let us have faith,at the moment I don't.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 393 - 3468
tanga_the_indestructible
March 17, 2020, 8:47am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +655
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Ipswin
If anyone needs evidence of the government's weak half baked dithering approach it is in yesterday's ridiculous 'avoid bars restaurants theatres etc' statement.

FFS COMPULSORILY CLOSE THE LOT DOWN NOW! (should have been done a week ago), close everything apart from supermarkets and food shops and chemists.

People were / are still going to the confined indoor spaces of theatres and cinemas (while football has been halted) ridiculous

This is affecting so many people in my industry. If they're forced by the government to close down, many of them can claim insurance for it, but if they close voluntarily, they get nothing. I wonder if that's a coincidence?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 394 - 3468
Maringer
March 17, 2020, 8:57am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,704
Gold Stars: 189
The government will have to step in to guarantee viable businesses survive this pandemic. Anything else would be madness. If they can spend £400+ billion to shore up the banks, they can do what is required for people's businesses and livelihoods.

Thw herd immunity gamble was always going to be just that, especially with so little known about the virus. Let's hope it doesn't end up causing too many additional deaths.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 395 - 3468
Mayaman
March 17, 2020, 9:09am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,457
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Caveman
I am in my eighties and also self isolating.

To help cope my wife and I have both bought boxing gloves.

Here's a challenge for you.  Make a cuppa with the boxing gloves on.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 396 - 3468
ginnywings
March 17, 2020, 9:09am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Maringer
The government will have to step in to guarantee viable businesses survive this pandemic. Anything else would be madness. If they can spend £400+ billion to shore up the banks, they can do what is required for people's businesses and livelihoods.

Thw herd immunity gamble was always going to be just that, especially with so little known about the virus. Let's hope it doesn't end up causing too many additional deaths.

As Laura Kuenssberg said on the BBC, the 12 billion pledged in the budget to target coronavirus now seems completely inadequate, but she doubts that they will pledge the hundreds of billions that Macron has in France.

They will protect financial institutions no matter what, but when it comes to Joe Public....

Hope i am pleasantly surprised over the coming days and they finally get their ar$es in gear, but i won't hold my breath.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 397 - 3468
MarinerWY
March 17, 2020, 9:10am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,992
Gold Stars: 47

This is affecting so many people in my industry. If they're forced by the government to close down, many of them can claim insurance for it, but if they close voluntarily, they get nothing. I wonder if that's a coincidence?

I think even entertaining the idea it's a coincidence is being too generous.
Private Message
Reply: 398 - 3468
ginnywings
March 17, 2020, 9:17am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Just been reading reports of scumbags who are targeting the elderly by offering to do their shopping and taking money from them, never to be seen again, or worse still taking their bank cards and emptying their accounts. It sickens me the way some people behave.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 399 - 3468
347 Pages Prev ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Coronavirus

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.