Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Its happening!!! The takeover!!!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 7 Guests

Its happening!!! The takeover!!!

This thread currently has 264,812 views. Print
117 Pages Prev ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Marinerz93
August 19, 2019, 1:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
I think fenty could possibly gain some credibility by coming out and saying the deal is dead (if that's the truth)

Though, it wouldn't surprise me if there's a blanket being pulled over a lot of people's heads

On the flip side if the truth is the deal is dead due to what some people have said about Fenty's demands, then Fenty would stand to lose what credibility he had left and would be vilified even more than he has in the past.

The win win for Fenty is for Shutes to show the funding, pass the fit and proper test and for Fenty to swallow his pride and wipe out the benign loan. He walks away with a clean slate, he can hold his head up and say he did the best he could with the limited funds and dead weight that is the board.

I think we should send a budding journalist to interview both Fenty and Shutes, put their statements side to side and see what matches up and what doesn't. Somewhere in between will be the truth.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 920 - 1162
MuddyWaters
August 19, 2019, 2:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Marinerz93

On the flip side if the truth is the deal is dead due to what some people have said about Fenty's demands, then Fenty would stand to lose what credibility he had left and would be vilified even more than he has in the past.

The win win for Fenty is for Shutes to show the funding, pass the fit and proper test and for Fenty to swallow his pride and wipe out the benign loan. He walks away with a clean slate, he can hold his head up and say he did the best he could with the limited funds and dead weight that is the board.

I think we should send a budding journalist to interview both Fenty and Shutes, put their statements side to side and see what matches up and what doesn't. Somewhere in between will be the truth.

Much as I'd love to know what's going on, my inclination would be to let them crack on and get it sorted. That said, it seems a long time since Mr Fenty's last interview with David Burns regarding concluding a deal before the season starts.
Private Message
Reply: 921 - 1162
Theimperialcoroner
August 19, 2019, 3:05pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,336
Gold Stars: 103
We shouldn’t really know anything about the deal. This is a ltd company that’s being bought not an Orion 1.6 Ghia from big Dave down the pub.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 922 - 1162
grimsby pete
August 19, 2019, 3:14pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,842
Gold Stars: 222
This saga is a bit like Brexit, rumour after rumour and nothing much happening.

I hope we get this sorted soon so we can kick on with the new ground wherever that might be.

I have no inside info but I trust Swin so I believe that it is not Fenty holding things up.

I did find it strange that we had the council backing and it look like we would be moving to  Freemo then found out it could be on the Docks, That must have come from Shutes I would have thought so I guess we shall have to be patient and wait and see what happens.

As long as it does not take as long as Brexit.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 923 - 1162
cannylad68
August 19, 2019, 3:15pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +33
Gold Stars: 8
What about a new thread?

It's not happening!!!The takeover!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 924 - 1162
KingstonMariner
August 19, 2019, 3:53pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.03
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from cannylad68
What about a new thread?

It's not happening!!!The takeover!!!

What when we’re so close to the Magic Ton? Only 7 more pages to go.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 925 - 1162
TheRealJohnLewis
August 19, 2019, 4:00pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from grimsby pete
This saga is a bit like Brexit, rumour after rumour and nothing much happening.

I hope we get this sorted soon so we can kick on with the new ground wherever that might be.

I have no inside info but I trust Swin so I believe that it is not Fenty holding things up.

I did find it strange that we had the council backing and it look like we would be moving to  Freemo then found out it could be on the Docks, That must have come from Shutes I would have thought so I guess we shall have to be patient and wait and see what happens.

As long as it does not take as long as Brexit.

Both being run by a Tory buffoon and going to end in no deal.  

Private Message
Reply: 926 - 1162
rancido
August 19, 2019, 5:05pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,679
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from ska face
Sling it, John.

Or if you don’t like people moaning about you, do something positive to show the fans you appreciate them, rather than just bleeding the friggers dry every week.

Pathetic !

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 927 - 1162
rancido
August 19, 2019, 5:11pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
We shouldn’t really know anything about the deal. This is a ltd company that’s being bought not an Orion 1.6 Ghia from big Dave down the pub.

Haven't you  realised by now that The Fishy has to be informed of every decision made by the club and be privy to every discussion where the club is involved!

"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 928 - 1162
rancido
August 19, 2019, 5:14pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

What's stopping you contacting some " budding journalist " ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 929 - 1162
117 Pages Prev ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Its happening!!! The takeover!!!

Thread Rating

There have been 3 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.