Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Its happening!!! The takeover!!!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 12 Guests

Its happening!!! The takeover!!!

This thread currently has 263,359 views. Print
117 Pages Prev ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... Next All Recommend Thread
RichMariner
August 19, 2019, 9:07am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,139
Gold Stars: 209
I have no inside information, so I base my opinions on what has gone before.

Unfortunately for Mr Fenty, what’s gone before is general incompetence and poor communication. So when he speaks, I don’t believe whatever comes out of his mouth.

Someone at RH or the Telegraph needs to ask the question and get a straight answer from Fenty: is the takeover deal dead? Easy yes or no question to answer.

Come on, local media - it’s over to you now.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 900 - 1162
GollyGTFC
August 19, 2019, 9:21am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,035
Gold Stars: 357
Quoted from RichMariner
I have no inside information, so I base my opinions on what has gone before.

Unfortunately for Mr Fenty, what’s gone before is general incompetence and poor communication. So when he speaks, I don’t believe whatever comes out of his mouth.

Someone at RH or the Telegraph needs to ask the question and get a straight answer from Fenty: is the takeover deal dead? Easy yes or no question to answer.

Come on, local media - it’s over to you now.

You don’t think that every news story so far either print or radio was leaked by Fenty?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 901 - 1162
Heisenberg
August 19, 2019, 9:45am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,088
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from golfer
Very few people on here know anything-everything is either speculation or bullshit. There are those who call JSF at every opportunity without knowing all the facts and those who defend him also without knowing all the facts. The aggressive ones seem to be those who call him. Defenders defend-attackers attack-until something materialises let's be midfielders

We don't know the facts because nobody at the club tells us a f#cking thing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 902 - 1162
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 19, 2019, 10:00am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,884
Gold Stars: 178
It's not happening.

Full stop.

Awaiting press release

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 903 - 1162
GrimRob
August 19, 2019, 10:02am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,431
Gold Stars: 113
Shutes was never called a "tyrekicker" by JF. I have removed any post suggesting that this was ever the case. If someone can provide a link showing that he did indeed say or write this then I will put them back.

If someone complains about a post (and yes they have) and we think they have a case to answer then we will remove it. Removing these posts is not quashing "freedom of speech". You can express opinions but can't present facts that are not proven.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 904 - 1162
ska face
August 19, 2019, 10:27am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,717
Gold Stars: 850
Pathetic.

Got nothing better to do, John?
Private Message
Reply: 905 - 1162
SomeSanity
August 19, 2019, 10:38am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +855
Gold Stars: 1
For whatever reason, the only constant in this is Mr. Shutes silence.

Mr Fenty is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't in some respects and I don't envy him one bit. It is obvious to see the man wants out. But to give the ins and outs of any deal may scupper it and to say silent breeds rumours. It's a difficult one, we all wanna know but at the same time, the more we all know the less likely it is to happen.

My own opinions of the regime aside, the real 'bad guy' in all of this is the telewag. Going to print without all the facts, I think has hindered the process. Causing grief and hassle, where, to be honest non of us need.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 906 - 1162
gtfc98
August 19, 2019, 10:40am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,062
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from GrimRob
Shutes was never called a "tyrekicker" by JF. I have removed any post suggesting that this was ever the case. If someone can provide a link showing that he did indeed say or write this then I will put them back.

If someone complains about a post (and yes they have) and we think they have a case to answer then we will remove it. Removing these posts is not quashing "freedom of speech". You can express opinions but can't present facts that are not proven.

I understand from your liability point of view Rob but it's a shame that the club can say whatever they like with zero consequences (Nick Dale for example) yet they try and silence us constantly.

Still think it would be great to get it from Shutes' perspective. We've only heard from Fenty and of course he isn't going to say if he is the one holding up the deal.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 907 - 1162
GollyGTFC
August 19, 2019, 10:57am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,035
Gold Stars: 357
Quoted from ska face
Pathetic.

Got nothing better to do, John?

The person responsible for the phrase “tyre-kicker” being in use in relationship to on going takeover talks is Fenty himself. And from what I remember he only said he thought Shutes felt different. So he left open the possibility that he was wrong.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 908 - 1162
Rob_in_Grimsby
August 19, 2019, 11:02am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from gtfc98

I understand from your liability point of view Rob but it's a shame that the club can say whatever they like with zero consequences (Nick Dale for example) yet they try and silence us constantly.

Still think it would be great to get it from Shutes' perspective. We've only heard from Fenty and of course he isn't going to say if he is the one holding up the deal.

The problem nowadays is everyone wants to know all the ins and outs straight away but the club and Mr Shutes will have signed a confidentiality agreement, The club is not going to come out and say anything that could offend or put off the potential buyer off until the deal is completely dead, Even then I cant see the club giving to much detail out about why the deal fell through just in case there is a change in the future.
If JF was the reason the deal is faltering as some on here suggest  I would expect the potential buyer to make this public thus turning the fans further against him and putting more pressure on JF to sell.  

moribus facit hominem
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 909 - 1162
117 Pages Prev ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Its happening!!! The takeover!!!

Thread Rating

There have been 3 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.