This thread currently has 7,236 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Cod Cheeks
September 22, 2018, 8:42pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +374
It's all well and good getting rid of the manager and the owner but who fills the vacuum and for how long?
Stick with MJ and his team and help him build the project.
No one can have everything they want now every time. Can we not go with it and stay with them for longer than September?
Poor performance needs more support than good and it ain't easy to do
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 41
MuddyWaters
September 22, 2018, 8:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Cod Cheeks
It's all well and good getting rid of the manager and the owner but who fills the vacuum and for how long?
Stick with MJ and his team and help him build the project.
No one can have everything they want now every time. Can we not go with it and stay with them for longer than September?
Poor performance needs more support than good and it ain't easy to do

Fuckthe project. What is the project? Save as much money as possible to pay off the loans? 5 points out of 27 suggests the 'project' isn't working. No shots on target against mid-table opposition is not only not good enough, it's f*cking embarrassing.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 41
chaos33
September 22, 2018, 8:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,014
Gold Stars: 362
Agree

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 41
MuddyWaters
September 22, 2018, 9:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
I'll just add that there's a world of difference between coaching Premiership U21s where results are almost irrelevant and managing/coaching in League 2 where every point counts towards a club's survival. Truth is that Jolley & Limbrick look like the former rather than the latter.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 41
Gaffer58
September 22, 2018, 9:14pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,104
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from MuddyWaters
I'll just add that there's a world of difference between coaching Premiership U21s where results are almost irrelevant and managing/coaching in League 2 where every point counts towards a club's survival. Truth is that Jolley & Limbrick look like the former rather than the latter.

Exactly, U21's at prem clubs are coached to move up into the first team, taught tactics,style etc, nobody cares about the result.Always easier to coach kids who are ambitious for the prem riches then senior pros who believe they have been there and bought the tee shirt. The old adage show me your medals stands for more than show me your coaching certificates.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 41
HertsGTFC
September 22, 2018, 9:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,035
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I think it's a good point the robots in the academies at these big clubs are conditioned from an early age to follow instructions, game plans, shapes, formations etc... and I would suggest have more technical ability than the journeymen who land in the basement division.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 41
grimsby pete
September 22, 2018, 11:44pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,838
Gold Stars: 222
Does anybody know or could find out Jolley's record at Burnley running the under 23 team ?

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 41
dapperz fun pub
September 23, 2018, 4:31pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,067
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from grimsby pete
Does anybody know or could find out Jolley's record at Burnley running the under 23 team ?

I don’t think it matters to much tbh, I’m reliably told that training is modern interesting and structured but that’s all well and good but if the players lack quality.  He should be getting more out of them for sure but I’d like to see the wage bill compared to others in our league I think we’re lower end but please put me right if it’s not the case
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 41
nightrider
September 23, 2018, 4:49pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Jolley will be gone by next week, we'll be relegated, in 18months he'll be managing another team who'll be top of the conference, Town will be mid table and the fans will be wishing we still had him in charge.....

The club's copulated, the way were going we'll be changing the manager every year at this rate

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 41
sydney
September 23, 2018, 5:25pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
We have been a victim of poor decision making for a long time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 41
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time to act Mr Fenty

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.