7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
LH
February 9, 2018, 10:25pm

Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,602
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from 139914
Yes really, in 1981 I was the youngest Hackney Carriage driver in the country.  It was near impossible to get insured as a sub 25 year old.  It took 60 drivers (that was the total number of plates in those days) threatening to change insurance providers to finally get a quote.  I ended up paying nearly £750 a quarter for FC plus public liability insurance.

I guess you wouldn’t get that because your a patronising no mark internet twit.  But hey, let’s not allow the truth to cloud our friendship

No-one is doubting you were a taxi driver....
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 67
Rodley Mariner
February 9, 2018, 10:33pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,278
Gold Stars: 184
Quoted from LH

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 67
February 9, 2018, 10:48pm
Guest User
Quoted from LH

That’s really good news, thank you.  I’m not disputing that you were in the RAF and have since risen to the dizzy heights of warehouse operative.  Not only must your parents be brimming with pride but no doubt your children are enjoying the trappings of your success.  
Reply: 42 - 67
ginnywings
February 9, 2018, 10:56pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Apart form all the trouble over the entire weekend, of which i witnessed plenty, i have two very very vague memories. One was of a Leeds fan getting badly hurt outside the Flam, either beat up, run over, or both. One was of someone getting stabbed near the ground and it had something to do with a Post Office, possibly on the corner of Barcroft Street, or near there. Time has a habit of muddling up memories, so they may or may not have happened in connection with that game, or at all.

What i do remember is Meggies was our stomping ground and we weren't going to be run out by some dirty yorkies, so i do remember a few lads from different factions around town joining forces and having a few "scuffles". I'd have just turned 23.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 67
KingstonMariner
February 9, 2018, 10:56pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.03
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Remember walking down Harrington Street with my brother-in-law past crowds of Neanderthals with tattooed faces. Before kick off we saw them getting a traditional warm welcome in the Ponny, then the girl privates ripped up the seats in the Upper Findus.

Down the front on the Saturday night you had to pass the accent test to get in pubs.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 67
LH
February 9, 2018, 11:00pm

Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,602
Gold Stars: 177
Hi MaccaBilk! I take it you found wifi in Outer Mongolia or whereever it was you decided to retire your character off to when you got bored last time?
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 67
arryarryarry
February 9, 2018, 11:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,052
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Remember walking down Harrington Street with my brother-in-law past crowds of Neanderthals with tattooed faces. Before kick off we saw them getting a traditional warm welcome in the Ponny, then the girl privates ripped up the seats in the Upper Findus.

Down the front on the Saturday night you had to pass the accent test to get in pubs.

I was in the Upper Findus and cannot remember any seats being ripped out or under threat from Leeds fans.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 67
KingstonMariner
February 10, 2018, 1:38am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.03
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from arryarryarry

I was in the Upper Findus and cannot remember any seats being ripped out or under threat from Leeds fans.

Funny how memory plays tricks on you (or me). I remember seeing them fly through the air. I'm sure it's not just because I read about it afterwards, but people have been found to have false memories of an event they were actually at.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 67
chaos33
February 10, 2018, 7:25am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,003
Gold Stars: 362
Quoted from 139914
Yes really, in 1981 I was the youngest Hackney Carriage driver in the country.  It was near impossible to get insured as a sub 25 year old.  It took 60 drivers (that was the total number of plates in those days) threatening to change insurance providers to finally get a quote.  I ended up paying nearly £750 a quarter for FC plus public liability insurance.

I guess you wouldn’t get that because your a patronising no mark internet twit.  But hey, let’s not allow the truth to cloud our friendship

I'm a patronising no mark internet twit! How clever you are for your age to write something like that. I'm all those things because I asked you a 1 word question?!

What I meant was - Do you really have a 'deep dislike for anything Yorkshire'?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 67
chaos33
February 10, 2018, 7:27am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,003
Gold Stars: 362
Quoted from 139914

That’s really good news, thank you.  I’m not disputing that you were in the RAF and have since risen to the dizzy heights of warehouse operative.  Not only must your parents be brimming with pride but no doubt your children are enjoying the trappings of your success.  

Now who's being patronising?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 67
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Leeds@ Grimsby 1982

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.