Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Who pays the bills when JF has had enough.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 128 Guests

Who pays the bills when JF has had enough.

This thread currently has 6,171 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Vance Warner
February 4, 2018, 12:48pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,833
Gold Stars: 106
Quoted from Ipswin

Purely and simply because of (current) success on the pitch.

In that regard Fenty can only affect things in two ways

1 A change of manager (will cost money)
2 New better players (will cost money)

He has to increase his 'benign' debt by making even more loans - vicious circle innit?

And success on the pitch comes from good decisions in the boardroom not just investment. We would also have had the second lowest attendance in League One yesterday for those who think that is still our rightful place in the pyramid.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 47
HertsGTFC
February 4, 2018, 12:57pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.24
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,076
Gold Stars: 238
Quoted from Marinerz93

Alternative is print it off and send it registered post. I feel what you have put down is fantastic and it gives Fenty a credible way of leaving without things getting worse. How soon could your plan be implemented?

To be fair as long as everyone agrees then you just need a good corporate lawyer an accountant do some sensible 5 year projections and then a bucket load of due diligence on all involved. You would need to set up a new company but that could potentially still own or be owned by GTFC in real terms. It’s not illegal or dodgy many business’s do it all the time.

As the A share directors get a salary and distributions it’s more tax efficient too. The only stumbling block is the you would have to have a board meeting followed by an EGM to get majority agreement.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 47
Zmariner
February 4, 2018, 1:02pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from Grim up north
For the record I appreciate people's views /feeling the need to protest and also believe we need a change of management and fresh faces added to the board.
What I can't get my head round is the level of abuse aimed at JF both on here and in public which hit a new low with him being taped on the sly whilst giving his honest opinion to a fan ....proper c***** trick in my eyes.

JF has made a fair few mistakes all well documented and gone over a thousand times but has anyone on here who constantly slates him thought about who is going to be around to pay the daily bills and day to day running involved in a football league club when the fairy godmother doesn't step in his shoes.

Feel free to back up your Red Cross with viable solutions.

Exactly, job opening. Pay lousy, stress plenty and you need to put your own cash in. You will also get plenty of abuse
Now JF has made a few mistakes,as do we all but still a massive fan and I am curious for all those shouters yesterday who is had the cash and time to take this on. I would guess SLADE has negotiated a decent contract and this is why we a stuck. In all honesty I did not expect SLADE to be this useless and I bet JF did not as well. When we are like Stockport, Darlington, York......... we can think on this
Priority is staying up and pulling together, the club do need to issue a rallying call, , Marley should stick to what he know in the background as front of house he is a sharp object. The rest of us need to join forces and Slade needs to engage with us Utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 47
Roast Em Bobby
February 4, 2018, 1:09pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,729
Gold Stars: 44
No doubt I'll get red crosses for saying this, but I really do think the Marley bashing is unfair. He only told the guy to "shut up" because he was asked a question and then when he started to answer it the guy who asked the question started ranting and talking over him. I would bet 99% of people on here would have told the bloke to shut up. Watch the video if you don't believe me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 47
Marinerz93
February 4, 2018, 1:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from HertsGTFC

To be fair as long as everyone agrees then you just need a good corporate lawyer an accountant do some sensible 5 year projections and then a bucket load of due diligence on all involved. You would need to set up a new company but that could potentially still own or be owned by GTFC in real terms. It’s not illegal or dodgy many business’s do it all the time.

As the A share directors get a salary and distributions it’s more tax efficient too. The only stumbling block is the you would have to have a board meeting followed by an EGM to get majority agreement.

It's sounding better all the time, I just hope Fenty listens and gets the right advice on going forward with this. Keep up the great work Herts.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 47
TAGG
February 4, 2018, 1:37pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,941
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Grim up north
For the record I appreciate people's views /feeling the need to protest and also believe we need a change of management and fresh faces added to the board.
What I can't get my head round is the level of abuse aimed at JF both on here and in public which hit a new low with him being taped on the sly whilst giving his honest opinion to a fan ....proper c***** trick in my eyes.

JF has made a fair few mistakes all well documented and gone over a thousand times but has anyone on here who constantly slates him thought about who is going to be around to pay the daily bills and day to day running involved in a football league club when the fairy godmother doesn't step in his shoes.

Feel free to back up your Red Cross with viable solutions.

Mr Fenty hasn't put any cash into the club for years intact he had 250 k out last year so don't know where  you are coming from.
It's said we need 3500 through the gate to break even.
If the whole lot of em leave then there will be a ground swell of support for the new regime witch will be a start.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 47
toontown
February 4, 2018, 1:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,267
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby
No doubt I'll get red crosses for saying this, but I really do think the Marley bashing is unfair. He only told the guy to "shut up" because he was asked a question and then when he started to answer it the guy who asked the question started ranting and talking over him. I would bet 99% of people on here would have told the bloke to shut up. Watch the video if you don't believe me.

At the fans forum (designed to engage fans with the club and build better relations) he also criticised fans for not knowing his name FFS! A perfect example of the boards incompetence at public relations, and frankly unprofessional and embarrassing.  99% of fans would not know the names of all the board of directors at their club. If he wants fans singing his name he should get out on the pitch and stick a few in the back of the net - Christ knows we need it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 47
Mrs Doyle
February 4, 2018, 1:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Not necessarily true about support football is result driven always has been and always will be the crowds follow that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 47
TAGG
February 4, 2018, 1:54pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,941
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from HertsGTFC

If a new company was put in place would that mean that all employees would have to then reapply for there jobs (including Slade/Wilko) 😉?????
If they had to do this and not come up to scratch would they then be let go with no compo???

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 47
Ipswin
February 4, 2018, 2:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from TAGG
If the whole lot of em leave then there will be a ground swell of support for the new regime witch will be a start.

The initial increased attendances following Fenty's demise will only last so long as we are winning games. 11 without a win will see the same drop off in numbers

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Who pays the bills when JF has had enough.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.