Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is there a price ??
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 150 Guests

Is there a price ??

This thread currently has 16,755 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
January 10, 2018, 8:48pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from 120790

Yes that would be morally right.

John Fenty doesn’t owe anything at all to us as supporters. The only obligation he has is a fiduciary duty to the stakeholders under company law.

By the way, there is a pattern here of people labelling my plain talking posts as being condescending. Come on you can do better that surely. It seems to me that when some read opinions or fact that they don’t like, or doesn’t sit comfortably with them, that they go on the offensive and start labelling with words like pompous or condescending. Seriously

Debate away guys, but do try to do so with an element of maturity. Believe me, as soon as I read something you post that I agree with or is factually correct, I’ll be straight in there suggesting you’ve made a good point that I agree with. I may even give you one of them super green ticks

The irony.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 167
friskneymariner
January 10, 2018, 8:49pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
You are very wrong Ascend  J.F.is not the owner, merely the custodian G.T.F.C. is not his to own it belongs to the generations that have paid their admission fees. He may own the bricks and mortar but it is like a listed building he has a duty to preserve and pass it onto the person who succeeds him .
The spirit of G.T.F.C. is owned by it's supporters.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 167
FishOutOfWater
January 10, 2018, 8:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,590
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from promotion plaice

Hasn't JF stated that it is a benign loan and he wouldn't harm the club with the debt !

JF has stated in the past that the money he put in to the club has effectively been "written off" ( in his head that is ), so if push ever came to shove and he really has had enough of running the club - as he intimated at the fans' forum - would he walk away without his donation?

I very much doubt it....

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 52 - 167
lew chaterleys lover
January 10, 2018, 8:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,816
Gold Stars: 239
Quoted from 120790

Yes that would be morally right.

John Fenty doesn’t owe anything at all to us as supporters. The only obligation he has is a fiduciary duty to the stakeholders under company law.

By the way, there is a pattern here of people labelling my plain talking posts as being condescending. Come on you can do better that surely. It seems to me that when some read opinions or fact that they don’t like, or doesn’t sit comfortably with them, that they go on the offensive and start labelling with words like pompous or condescending. Seriously

Debate away guys, but do try to do so with an element of maturity. Believe me, as soon as I read something you post that I agree with or is factually correct, I’ll be straight in there suggesting you’ve made a good point that I agree with. I may even give you one of them super green ticks

You are pompous though!
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 167
promotion plaice
January 10, 2018, 8:55pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,084
Gold Stars: 201
Quoted from Badger57

Love @superdan147’s Tweet:  
How we fans can buy our club in one cunning tweet...

https://twitter.com/superdan147/status/950862171507974146?s=09

No problem with betting the £18

But hoping we go back into the tinpot

[img]http://www.pic4ever.com/images/hessam4.gif[/img]

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 167
Marinerz93
January 10, 2018, 9:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from 120790

He hasn't got to do anything. This is not a forced position. He can sit on this for as long as he wishes, in the knowledge that despite the emotions of supporters he doesn't have to sell, or give it away even.

The reality of it is that he knows that the fan base numbers and spirit, will fluctuate, both up and down, as the situation on the pitch does. He is comfortable with that. Crikey, whilst it wasn't ideal for him, he was able to financially cope and support even when it went wrong cataclysmic-ally and we dropped out of the league.

The Fishy, as popular as it might be, is actually a small proportion of the fan base. So we can all vent our spline if you wish us to. But it is hardly the voice of the majority.

"In the limelight" you say. I would hardly class it as being in the limelight.

"Benefit to his business" you say. Grimsby Town has had absolutely no benefit to his business activity at all. Quite the reverse in fact. We have benefited by way of survival as a result of his success in his business activity.

"Benefited as a councillor" you say. Really? I am sure that if you want to you can organise a campaign for people not to 0vote for him at the next election. I think you will find though, that losing his role as councillor is hardly going to damage him financially.

How much does he stand to make on the proposed new site development, isn't the land is owned by Fenty's son in law's family?

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 167
January 10, 2018, 9:06pm
Guest User
Quoted from friskneymariner
You are very wrong Ascend  J.F.is not the owner, merely the custodian G.T.F.C. is not his to own it belongs to the generations that have paid their admission fees. He may own the bricks and mortar but it is like a listed building he has a duty to preserve and pass it onto the person who succeeds him .
The spirit of G.T.F.C. is owned by it's supporters.

Im sorry, and don’t take this the wrong way, but you are living in a strange world if you genuinely believe that. Certainly not the business world.

In this day and age, the word “Club” really isn’t appropriate any longer in football. No longer is Football a member based environment. It’s now, moreso than ever before, a very tough and difficult business world.

Supporters are merely that, people that will love their club, live their club and worship their heroes and legends when they come and go. Their non attendance and low morale may even influence an owner to fire a manager. But that’s as far as it goes

To keep a business going like GTFC takes a huge amount of finance and passion to part with that cash. It’s a business transaction though. Owners have every right to protect their loan, to expect to get it back.

Without a high net worth individual like Mr Fenty, you wouldn’t be having an emotive conversation about your beloved football team, because frankly it would be dead and gone years ago.

Reply: 56 - 167
January 10, 2018, 9:09pm
Guest User
Quoted from Marinerz93

How much does he stand to make on the proposed new site development, isn't the land is owned by Fenty's son in law's family?

Absolutely no idea

Reply: 57 - 167
lew chaterleys lover
January 10, 2018, 9:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,816
Gold Stars: 239
Quoted from 120790

Im sorry, and don’t take this the wrong way, but you are living in a strange world if you genuinely believe that. Certainly not the business world.

In this day and age, the word “Club” really isn’t appropriate any longer in football. No longer is Football a member based environment. It’s now, moreso than ever before, a very tough and difficult business world.

Supporters are merely that, people that will love their club, live their club and worship their heroes and legends when they come and go. Their non attendance and low morale may even influence an owner to fire a manager. But that’s as far as it goes

To keep a business going like GTFC takes a huge amount of finance and passion to part with that cash. It’s a business transaction though. Owners have every right to protect their loan, to expect to get it back.

Without a high net worth individual like Mr Fenty, you wouldn’t be having an emotive conversation about your beloved football team, because frankly it would be dead and gone years ago.

You are being more pompous than ever!
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 167
January 10, 2018, 9:13pm
Guest User

You are being more pompous than ever!

And you sound like you have nothing more of substance to offer the discussion.

Thanks for the amusement

Reply: 59 - 167
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is there a price ??

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.