6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
MARINERSMAN22
October 13, 2015, 6:19pm
Wembley 2K15 Centre Box <3
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: -395
I think with Monkhouse it is the tactics that let him down. The players Hurst have signed are top-class but the ancient lineup style is vague and indecisive, I would opt for a 4-1-3-2 (I know risky, but hear me out )

McKeown
East-Gowling-Pearson-Tait
              Clay
Marshall-Monkhouse-Arnold
        Bogle-Amond

Monkhouse has literally 0 pace , and so to utilise his vision, aeriel ability and passing, if we pushed him into the middle then this would:
a) free up the wing
b)keep him in the team
Arnold performed better on the left wing, as he is able to cut in and shoot with his much-preferred right foot.
Marshall is more attacking minded than MacKreth and so will keep the wingers pushed up tight with little maneuver for opposing teams to push past.
Bogle and Amond would score more as they are supplied from the center, and crosses from the wings.
The hollding midfield would be occupied by Disley, when fit, but this not only caters for our lack of cover in the area, but also allows Clay/Disley to roam and pick off stray balls and thread them through. I belive this to be a great position for Disley and Clay to occupy as they are more defensive minded than what they are played for in a 4-4-2. I admit Clay has been more impressive this season going forwards but his tackling is ok, and can maybe come in and push up to replace Monkhouse in the dying minutes.

The defense has been bolstered by a fine loan signing, but Tait is a key player to be in the side and if playing him keeps him here long term then we should; he was also one of the better performers on Saturday.

There we go....

Wembley2K15 Centre Box

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 52
Posh Harry
October 13, 2015, 8:24pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,376
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from springstomind
Mine

Mckeown
Townsend
Toto
Pearson
East
Marshall
Disley
Clay
Arnold
Bogle

But I think PH will play Monkhouse, Tomlinson and maybe even tait.

I know Halifax are having a bad season but we should at least start the game with 10 men otherwise it's just disrespectful  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 52
Posh Harry
October 13, 2015, 10:00pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,376
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from Posh Harry

I know Halifax are having a bad season but we should at least start the game with 10 men otherwise it's just disrespectful  

I take it back. Maybe we should have started with 9 players to give them a fighting chance!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Team for Halifax

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.