pontoonlew
May 21, 2015, 11:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,106
Gold Stars: 181
Quoted from mimma
Halifax got £50,000 for Vardy when he signed for Fleetwood.

We got Hearn, who scored his goals a division higher, for free.

Hindsight is wonder full stuff.

Vardy went for a lot more than 50k
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 41
mariner2000
May 21, 2015, 11:30pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +175
Gold Stars: 5
whilst the numbers you provide might not prove it Vardy has been exceptional for Leicester this year, far better than most, yes most Premier league strikers, certainly outperforming those at the top 4, even if his goals or assists ratio don't show that.  I doubted he would get a call up as England are blessed in this department and suffer in midfield and central defence.

Interestingly Vardy is the only player  ever to have scored against.both.....

Scum Utd and ..................................FC United.

If you need a player to come on and run his bottom off or indeed put a huge shift in when you know Welbeck or Sturridge or indeed Rooney couldn't be arsed you know that Vardy will do it EVERY SINGLE TIME.  

I always hope every England call up meets expectation as it's better to have too many choices than not enough.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 31 - 41
Abdul19
May 21, 2015, 11:47pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.40
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,629
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from LH
He looks like he'd stink of Lynx Africa and WKD but I bet he's got good banter. LAD.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 41
mariner91
May 21, 2015, 11:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,837
Gold Stars: 264
Quoted from mariner2000
whilst the numbers you provide might not prove it Vardy has been exceptional for Leicester this year, far better than most, yes most Premier league strikers, certainly outperforming those at the top 4, even if his goals or assists ratio don't show that.  I doubted he would get a call up as England are blessed in this department and suffer in midfield and central defence.

Interestingly Vardy is the only player  ever to have scored against.both.....

Scum Utd and ..................................FC United.

If you need a player to come on and run his bottom off or indeed put a huge shift in when you know Welbeck or Sturridge or indeed Rooney couldn't be arsed you know that Vardy will do it EVERY SINGLE TIME.  

I always hope every England call up meets expectation as it's better to have too many choices than not enough.

I don't think you can claim Welbeck is never arsed, Rooney also usually works very hard. And I know which one I'd have out of Vardy and Sturridge every time provided Sturridge wasn't injured. How the hell you can claim he has been "far better than most PL strikers" is beyond me when he's not even in the top 50 leading scorers. Utterly ridiculous comment. I appreciate there is more to playing up front than just scoring but if you're also not getting that many assists then you're not providing anything more than a lot of effort which is what you get from most strikers as a minimum. Are you his agent or something?

There were 13 English strikers who scored more than him this season FFS, he most certainly wasn't performing "far better" than them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 41
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
May 22, 2015, 8:37am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Ian Wright was playing non-league for Greenwich when he was signed by Crystal Palace. Being non-league doesn't mean the end of the world for a player, only for clubs.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 41
diehardmariner
May 22, 2015, 11:06am
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,755
Gold Stars: 544
I think Vardy is miles and miles away from what we would all hope the England international standard is.

But considering we've got strikers made of glass (Carroll and Sturridge) and least two dropping down to the Under 21's (Kane and Berahino)...who else is there?

Even of the four he's called up with Austin has had fits and starts of form, Rooney has spent most of the season in midfield and Welbeck has been in and out of the Arsenal team.

Yes he's well down the pecking order and it's representative of the options available, yes he looks an absolute bell but who else was Hodgson supposed to call up?  
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 41
gtfc98
May 22, 2015, 11:15am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 68
I wonder if Shouty has been on the phone to congratulate him?

Bloody hell I'm glad we're shut of that arrogant, obnoxious sharp object!

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 41
pontoonlew
May 22, 2015, 11:15am
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,106
Gold Stars: 181
One things for certain, it can't have been easy for Vardy to tell the lads he was bailing on Magaluf 2015.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 41
Maringer
May 22, 2015, 11:36am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,706
Gold Stars: 189
Welbeck has scored 6 goals in his last 6 appearances for England. Rooney has scored 7 goals in his last 8 appearances for England. Providing they are both fit, they will start the Slovenia game so it wouldn't surprise me to see Vardy and Austin play a significant part in the friendly against Ireland. However, if both games were qualifiers, I don't doubt that Kane and Berahino would have been kept in the senior squad in place of Vardy and Austin.

In fact, should there be any injury issues, these two will certainly be called up to the senior squad from the U-21s for the Slovenia game.

Longer-term, I'd have thought Danny Ings would be more likely to find a regular place in the senior squad than either Austin or Vardy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 41
diehardmariner
May 22, 2015, 1:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,755
Gold Stars: 544
Ings has struggled a bit since Xmas though.  His goalscoring return this season isn't exactly the stuff to get excited about.  

I agree that he's more likely to feature in future squads than Vardy though.  

I'm pleased that we actually appear to  be paying a bit more than lip service to the Under 21 tournament with a handful of lads who have got legitimate shouts for the full squad getting called up.  
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 41
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jamie Vardy

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.