Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 81 Guests

Just Back (merged)

This thread currently has 7,548 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
barralad
March 25, 2015, 3:00pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from Maringer
Hang on a minute. Surely Chester's performance had something to do with that result?

Even though Hurst's defensive substitution failed to work out, it is incredibly arrogant to say that the opposition's performance had no bearing on the result.

Anyway, that's just nitpicking. Complaints about our current remarkable run of good form are a bit daft.

Excellent....Another recruit to the Barralad bandwagon. Chester were forcing Town deeper from well before the dreaded substitution. Our second goal could almost be described as "against the run of play"...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 45
TownSNAFU5
March 25, 2015, 3:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,908
Gold Stars: 42
We are now so close to the top 2 teams, that their must have dropped about the same number of point as us over the season to date.

That, or they are both punching above their weight.

On tiredness:
Doig mentioned the long trip down to Dover yesterday.  Another angle is maybe the stress caused in the last 5-10 mins of most matches recently.  It exhausts me (and others) and must take its toll on the players.    
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 45
Mrs Doyle
March 25, 2015, 3:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Remember Buckley saying when you are on a good run games cannot come fast enough and it's true the momentum is there we have to take these games by the scruff of the neck do that and you can't ask any more time for rest is in the close season.

Bet them lads can't wait for the next game which is how it should be. UTM.

Do not worry about the fans either we will back them all the way back into the league been waiting so long for a squad of players with passion and ambition.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 45
Caesar
March 25, 2015, 3:45pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
Almost feel like this should be a new topic on Paul Hurst.  

For what it was worth as someone who was incredibly critical of Hurst after Chester I have to say I thought he made good choices last night.  When we needed extra men in the middle he left Arnold and Pittman on so they could support LJL up front but also give us 3 men in the middle of the park.  Still could of conceded but I felt this was a good move as opposed to the simple removal of striker for defender method.

At the end of the season we will all have out say on Hurst and the team, and after each game that is left I think we can come on here and discuss the tactics and express our dissapointments.  But no need to drag up poor performances every time.

Plus right now have to give Hurst tremendous credit for our run of form, and hope he can continue to prove me wrong.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 45
Hagrid
March 25, 2015, 3:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,530
Gold Stars: 544
Incidentally I thought Craig Disley was exceptional for Grimsby last night and gave us no room whatsoever when we tried to play through the middle. His performance in the centre of their midfield did highlight the limitations of CK Jr.    taken from the dover forum!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 45
oldludensian
March 25, 2015, 4:15pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +8 / -8
Approval: +57
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Remember Buckley saying when you are on a good run games cannot come fast enough and it's true the momentum is there we have to take these games by the scruff of the neck do that and you can't ask any more time for rest is in the close season.

Bet them lads can't wait for the next game which is how it should be. UTM.

Do not worry about the fans either we will back them all the way back into the league been waiting so long for a squad of players with passion and ambition.

If the state they were all in when they traipsed off the pitch last night was anything to go by I reckon they'd all vote for some serious feet-up time - they look f*cked!! They definitely left it all on the pitch, no half measures!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 45
Maringer
March 25, 2015, 4:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,704
Gold Stars: 189
Hopefully, a day off today to help them recharge their batteries and only very light training tomorrow.

Another (relatively) long journey for Welling on Saturday and lots of travelling can certainly take it out of you.

I think we've got good options among the forwards and wingers to freshen things up a bit as required, but less so in the central midfield area, especially with Brown looking so far below par at the moment. Hopefully we won't run out of steam at the weekend!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 45
forza ivano
March 25, 2015, 4:27pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,302
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from diehardmariner
We need to move on from Chester.  It happened.  End of.

We could win the next six games and still not go up, that'll be despite picking up 37 from the last 39 available points.  Are we really going to pinpoint two dropped points?

We've dropped many more needless points throughout the season, especially in our early home form.

I'm not Hurst's biggest fan, far from it.  But the guy deserves massive credit for steering a side towards 19 points from the last 21.  Especially on the back of two potentially confidence draining defeats against Forest Green and Bristol Rovers.

the other point is that we picked up 3 points last night when it sounds like they probably deserved a draw. dover and chester have now evened things out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 45
Garth
March 25, 2015, 4:38pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,939
Gold Stars: 27
No need for serious physical training this time of the season, just practise set pieces we are weak in that area
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 45
RichMariner
March 25, 2015, 5:37pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,171
Gold Stars: 212
I like to remember how we turned one point at Barnet into three.

If we had drawn 1-1 that day, this is what the table would look like:

Barnet     79 (+43)
Rovers    77 (+23)
Grimsby  73 (+27)

Six points behind - effectively seven with their goal difference - so you could say everything changed with that Disley goal and let's not talk about Chester again.

We all pick our moments. I'm still angry about that late equaliser we conceded at home to Dover in August! But hey ho, these things happen many times throughout one season. We are where we are, we can't affect the past, only the future... let's get down to Welling and cheer the lads onto another victory!

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 39 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.