Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 70 Guests

Just Back (merged)

This thread currently has 7,550 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
March 25, 2015, 9:10am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,019
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from LondonMariner43
Hopefully have Makreth back soon to provide more options up front.  Sounds like Jolley is one for next season.

I very much doubt Jolley will be here next season, even he said when we first enquired about him he didn't want to come.

Considering his performances so far have been way below anything we saw of him a couple of seasons ago I cannot see PH or whoever we have in charge (if we fail to go up) signing him permanently.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 45
TownSNAFU5
March 25, 2015, 9:27am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,908
Gold Stars: 42
Thanks for all the above comments. A long way for many fans midweek.

The issue of "tiredness and fatigue" identified above might impact on the team over the busy Easter and the many key games that we need to win.

Our standards have to be higher that all other teams if we are to be champions.  This brings its own pressures.  We have a week to recover between games after Easter.  Maybe the squad need some light-hearted distractions away from football to refresh and relax them?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 45
GyMariner
March 25, 2015, 9:48am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Approval: +690
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Thanks for all the above comments. A long way for many fans midweek.

The issue of "tiredness and fatigue" identified above might impact one the team over the busy Easter and the many key games that we need to win.

Our standards have to be higher that all other teams if we are to be champions.  This brings its own pressures.  We have a week to recover between games after Easter.  Maybe the squad need some light-hearted distractions away from football to refresh and relax them?

That's when our larger squad will come in handy! We have gateshead on the bank holiday Saturday followed by alfreton on Monday which worries me!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 45
Jarmo.Is.God
March 25, 2015, 10:42am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Is Hurst due praise ?

he gets stick when it doesn't work, but when you have won 6, drew 1 in last 7 games, he should be getting some praise
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 45
ginnywings
March 25, 2015, 11:06am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
The tiredness and fatigue thing always makes me chuckle. They are professional sportsmen and the opposition have to play just as many games don't they? Sometimes after a days work in the case of the part time teams. I would suspect it was a poor game because Dover are a little agricultural to say the least. We would have drawn or lost that game at one time, so a great three points and thanks to the just backers for the reports.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 45
RichMariner
March 25, 2015, 11:08am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,171
Gold Stars: 212
Well whatever happens this season, Hurst has built a squad capable of winning this division and I appreciate the fact that we've been able to support a winning side. He's done really well but he'll ultimately be judged on whether we win promotion.

Six wins from seven games is a fantastic run of form - the like of which we haven't had very often (if at all) - even in this division! Sadly it counts for little if we don't go up, but considering it was only a few seasons ago that we were made to go through six months without a win, it's great to be able to support a squad of players that look like they give a sh1t. That matters too.

Six games to go and we're in with a shout of the title. The players believe they can do it, we believe they can do it, the mood is good... come on Town!

PS. Shout out for all the fans who made it to Dover last night. Incredible support once again.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 15 - 45
Jarmo.Is.God
March 25, 2015, 11:09am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from ginnywings
The tiredness and fatigue thing always makes me chuckle. They are professional sportsmen and the opposition have to play just as many games don't they? Sometimes after a days work in the case of the part time teams. I would suspect it was a poor game because Dover are a little agricultural to say the least. We would have drawn or lost that game at one time, so a great three points and thanks to the just backers for the reports.

but imagine sitting on a coach for nearly 6 hours cramped up and then have to play footy against a team that are just there to try bully us
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 45
ginnywings
March 25, 2015, 11:11am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

but imagine sitting on a coach for nearly 6 hours cramped up and then have to play footy against a team that are just there to try bully us

Yeah, must be hell.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 45
wycombemariner
March 25, 2015, 12:20pm
UTM
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: -56
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Is Hurst due praise ?

he gets stick when it doesn't work, but when you have won 6, drew 1 in last 7 games, he should be getting some praise

although had it not been for him it would be 7 wins out of 7
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 45
WetFlannel
March 25, 2015, 12:22pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from wycombemariner

although had it not been for him it would be 7 wins out of 7

True, but if you give him all the blame for the draw you have to give him some credit for the wins. I'm still bitter about Chester like everyone else but let's give Hurst his due. If it doesn't come off at the end of the season lets talk, until then we should at least credit a manager who we may win the league under
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.