Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scotland  v  England.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 206 Guests

Scotland  v  England.

This thread currently has 6,875 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
codcheeky
November 20, 2014, 1:12pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from jock dock tower
The SNP government said that they wanted to keep the queen as a sop to try and win over middle ground votes. The vast majority of the independence campaigners, certainly that I know, wanted to be become a republic and have the money spent on Scottish infrastructure and services rather than the royals. I think it has almost become the norm nowadays to boo certain national anthems it? Anyway, the bit in it about wanting to vanquish the Scots might have had something to do with it.

The whole thing about independence isn't simply going to go away now though Peter, and these are still exciting times politically up here.

Anyway, back to the fitba. Didn't watch the game as I was otherwise engaged in training for some voluntary work, but it sounded as if the defeat was well merited. Looking at it from Strachan's view I suppose it's good to get those kind of results out of the way in friendly games. He'll certainly have plenty to do to ensure it doesn't happen again in a competitive match, luckily it's Gibraltar at home! I know a good number of fitba friends of mine who refused to go because of the ridiculous price asking for a ticket (£60) Twice what it was to watch Scotland in Dortmund play the world champions!

There was a time when the famous tartan army would save up all their pennies to see Scotland play England, the Scottish fans were embarrassingly poor in their support even before England scored .  If the jocks had made the same noise as the England fans did the commentators would be gushing all that passionate scots nonsense. Heard the scots singing for about 2 minutes throughout the whole game and they pretend to be the best supporters, with their wigs and tartan they have become a caricature of themselves
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 64
jock dock tower
November 20, 2014, 4:45pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Probably because their team, by all accounts, were pish. Abroad it's a totally different kettle of fish. I went with some lads from my village to Dortmund for the game against Germany and it was amazing from setting foot into the city centre fan zone just after breakfast to the end of the game. Biggest away international following they've ever had in Dortmund, and no trouble whatsoever. City centre had something in the region of 7,000 plus Scots and 3,000 Germans just having one big party.

There's footage on youtube of Polish fans clapping Scotland out of the stadium after the 2-2 draw there the other month because of their support.

It's no different to watching any club, you always make more noise when you're away from home with a few scoops inside you.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 64
grimsby pete
November 20, 2014, 5:14pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,801
Gold Stars: 222
I do

That's because you have been living in Scotland too long John,

Us English folk are far too reserved to boo our opposition.  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 64
codcheeky
November 20, 2014, 5:18pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Probably because their team, by all accounts, were pish. Abroad it's a totally different kettle of fish. I went with some lads from my village to Dortmund for the game against Germany and it was amazing from setting foot into the city centre fan zone just after breakfast to the end of the game. Biggest away international following they've ever had in Dortmund, and no trouble whatsoever. City centre had something in the region of 7,000 plus Scots and 3,000 Germans just having one big party.

There's footage on youtube of Polish fans clapping Scotland out of the stadium after the 2-2 draw there the other month because of their support.

It's no different to watching any club, you always make more noise when you're away from home with a few scoops inside you.

I`m sure the English fans were clapped out of the stadium by the men in skirts or do they only take plaudits?
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 64
jock dock tower
November 20, 2014, 9:18pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
To be honest I couldn't tell you as I wasn't there. I do know that the guys from my village who went down to London for the game a wee while back had a great time of it there mingling freely with the English fans.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 64
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scotland  v  England.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.