6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
gobby
December 10, 2013, 10:25pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +776
Gold Stars: 7
Ouch. not good but in truth did any team deserve to win a game like that. Most incompetant referee I have seen this season.
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 53
Rodley Mariner
December 10, 2013, 10:31pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,279
Gold Stars: 185
Welling hadn't lost 5 on the spin in the league. If they'd held on tonight they'd only have been 4 points behind us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 53
ginnywings
December 10, 2013, 10:38pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from BIGChris

I think Welling had lost 5 on the bounce before tonight!

The ref will get the blame and he certainly had a shocker but we shouldn't let that mask an awful Town display. Great juggling and finish from there number 33 but the cross should have been dealt with. That gave Welling something to hang on to and allowed their gamesmanship to kick in. It was down to us to create and break them down but we failed to do so.

One mad scramble from a Disley header and a great save from the follow up was as much as we managed in the first half and a couple of on target efforts from Rodman and one  blocked from Hannah was as much as we managed before the miss of the season from Pearson. A yard out with an open goal he put it wide. I thought that was it, it just wasn't going to be. Only 4 mins of stoppage time given we grabbed the equaliser after 97 mins!!

The positives that we kept having a go and retained our patience. When he hoofed it the Welling centre backs dominated but although patient I thought we were a bit too slow and deliberate at times.

A few weeks before Christmas but we have lost 4000 home fans from the Scunny game. I hope a few are back for the next home game v Kidderminster when I understand there will be an offer on

Spot on report BC and pretty much what i would have said, had i been arsed. Tonight just felt so non-league,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 53
Rob_in_Grimsby
December 10, 2013, 10:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from BIGChris

I think Welling had lost 5 on the bounce before tonight!
The ref will get the blame and he certainly had a shocker but we shouldn't let that mask an awful Town display. Great juggling and finish from there number 33 but the cross should have been dealt with. That gave Welling something to hang on to and allowed their gamesmanship to kick in. It was down to us to create and break them down but we failed to do so.

One mad scramble from a Disley header and a great save from the follow up was as much as we managed in the first half and a couple of on target efforts from Rodman and one  blocked from Hannah was as much as we managed before the miss of the season from Pearson. A yard out with an open goal he put it wide. I thought that was it, it just wasn't going to be. Only 4 mins of stoppage time given we grabbed the equaliser after 97 mins!!

The positives that we kept having a go and retained our patience. When he hoofed it the Welling centre backs dominated but although patient I thought we were a bit too slow and deliberate at times.

A few weeks before Christmas but we have lost 4000 home fans from the Scunny game. I hope a few are back for the next home game v Kidderminster when I understand there will be an offer on

Wellings last 5 games in the League have been,  L,W,D,L,L  

moribus facit hominem
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 53
moosey_club
December 10, 2013, 10:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,333
Gold Stars: 229
Absolutely amazed we got an equaliser....we looked like a team that thought we could just turn up and claim three points....very evident they wanted the ball more, won most of the first and second challenges and we were awful in possession, very slack passing and far too many times players not communicating with each other and either going for the same ball both leaving it for the other.
Pearson, Macdonald, Thomas and Southwell only gain any credit with me after that.

However on the positive front...Hurst made the tactical switch which rescued a point, we keep the unbeaten run going and a late goal adds a little bit of steel to the team.

Oh and dont get me started on the ref....

Games like this and Hearns long term absence may tempt us to go for an unpredictable impact player in January as it was crying out for something a little different tonight.

UTM

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 53
Garth
December 10, 2013, 10:45pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Give credit where its due, Welling pinched a goal tonight and hung on to it for dear life with some stubborn defensive play.
We on the other hand were poor in play but strong in spirit, almost everyone in the black and white seemingly had an off night and even after the changes were made we were frustrated by their style of play, if we are going to be successfull this season we need to open up teams like this, bad night at the office but still a point taken
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 53
moosey_club
December 10, 2013, 10:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,333
Gold Stars: 229
oh and as for the crowd...three games in a week at home, xmas round the corner....10 away supporters....did anyone think we would get 3000 never mind 4000?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 53
oldun
December 10, 2013, 10:50pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Yes we were not at our best but we were the only team trying to play football. They must have thought Christmas had come early when they scored after that their game plan was to stop us playing, slow the game down and frustrate us. It very nearly worked. The refs antics did not help and he  disrupted the game and took ages getting the game underway after stoppages.. Low crowd but not an inspiring fixture, money tight, soccer on TV, Christmas approaching. I would expect much better when Kiddy come to town next week. Let's move on, might be a vital point come the end of the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 53
Les Brechin
December 10, 2013, 10:54pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,730
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from oldun
Yes we were not at our best but we were the only team trying to play football. They must have thought Christmas had come early when they scored after that their game plan was to stop us playing, slow the game down and frustrate us. It very nearly worked. The refs antics did not help and he  disrupted the game and took ages getting the game underway after stoppages.. Low crowd but not an inspiring fixture, money tight, soccer on TV, Christmas approaching. I would expect much better when Kiddy come to town next week. Let's move on, might be a vital point come the end of the season.

Soccer!!!!

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 53
gary_elton
December 10, 2013, 10:55pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
I predicted 2,800 and something... what was the actual gate ???

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 53
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.