Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Nathan Pond.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 129 Guests

Nathan Pond.

This thread currently has 5,243 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
80sglory
December 22, 2012, 6:57pm
Guest User
Surely we must have known we'd have had to put out hand in our pocket ?

For how much is debatable but surely the point is that if JF himself wants "football fortune" then he's gonna have to be prepared to pay and take some risks to help achieve it.

I'm not privvy to the finances but spend a fortune on a squad, get to the top of the league and then wonder if you can afford a few thousand extra outlay makes no real sense to me.

Ok so the wage bill might go up next season when we've said we'll cut regardless of promotion.
Good players can always be loaned or sold !

What's the alternative ?
Don't do it and possibly be stuck in the BSP with a whopping big debt with arguably no realistic hope of ever recovering ?
If other "just as good" loanees come in as replacements presumably we can't afford those either and we're just doing the "in out in out" loan hokey cokey ?

Not saying we should be gung ho or "break the bank" but we can't afford to strike too hard a bargain either ?
If this isn't the right time to roll the dice or shell out then when exactly is ?...  

We can think of a new stadium but we can't afford £100K or even a few extra grand to sign key players possibly vital to help making it all happen ?
Confused !
If it's "cashflow" then spell it out to the fans what we might need and ask them to help raise the money.
Reply: 30 - 40
barralad
December 22, 2012, 7:45pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from Mariner16
Loved his reaction at the full time whistle giving it to their fans. Clearly means the win means a lot to him and that he would like to stay. Make it happen.

There is history between Wrexham and Fleetwood from last season

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 40
cmackenzie4
December 22, 2012, 8:12pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.22
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from mariner91
Need to sign him. Need to sign all the loanees to be honest!

Agreed, Hannah and Pond especially, If we get these 2 signed it will be a massive step forward for us.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 40
ruthinred
December 22, 2012, 10:05pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Quoted from rancido

Haven't you got some sheep that need attending to instead of coming on here? All seems a bit like sour grapes to me. Wrexham - always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

no im not a farmer ,  - poor banter  

you deserved the win but Nathan Pond was a pr1ck at the end

no sour grapes

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 40
conorprince7
December 22, 2012, 11:04pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Pond is brilliant. He had a shaky start against southport 1st game, but since then he's got better and better, scores goals, he's an absoloute tank for us. with Nielson gone (who has been very good for us) we desperatly need sign up hannah and pond. Weather its getting Hannah on a season long loan and then sign him if we go up, a dont know. Fingers crossed we can get them both.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 40
louth_in_the_south
December 22, 2012, 11:29pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,728
Gold Stars: 96
Unless no ones noticed players in the lower leagues don't get transferred between clubs for fees anything like 90k anymore and won't do for the foreseeable future . It's just laughable that just cos they've loaned us players that can't get in their starting line ups and do well here , part of a team that's top of the league that we'll pay stupid money . Pond and Hannah are good enough to justify fees but L1 teams wouldn't pay what fleetwood and Bradford want so why would we ?

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 40
Eastendmariner
December 22, 2012, 11:56pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +942
Gold Stars: 22
after the next 3 games then we can more or less c what their real value to us is 90k is steep by anyones standard I rate pondy very much the key to going up is a solid defence lets hope common sense prevails...UTM

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 40
topuphere666
December 23, 2012, 6:54am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
When does his loan finish?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 40
Munster
December 23, 2012, 7:41am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Early jan so he can play next 3 games for us

Have followed Town for all my life during the ups and downs.

My son plays for school of excellence which is so well run without any funding and can see some future stars in the lower age teams.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 40
Havelock the Dane
December 23, 2012, 8:09am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Much though I love Pondy, if I had to pick sides in the Wrexham/Fleetwood disagreement I would pick Wrexham everytime. Fleetwood were and are an odious team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 40
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Nathan Pond.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.