Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › s n h - got this horrible feeling...
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 13 Guests

s n h - got this horrible feeling...

This thread currently has 22,066 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Rodley Mariner
August 22, 2012, 4:48pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,279
Gold Stars: 184
The thing I find depressing is I don't really care what happens - sack them, keep them I'm just not that bothered and that's increasingly how I feel about the club for the first time in nearly 30 years of supporting them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 99
Garth
August 22, 2012, 4:52pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
The thing I find depressing is I don't really care what happens - sack them, keep them I'm just not that bothered and that's increasingly how I feel about the club for the first time in nearly 30 years of supporting them.

I  know how you feel, keep the faith mate its all in the hands of the gods
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 99
Marinerz93
August 22, 2012, 4:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from marinette

It won't break my heart if these two get the chop, but I think I'd prefer them to have a bit more of a chance.  I could try and rationalise it with arguments and comparisons but I'm not going to - it's just my gut feeling that they probably need more time.

Your gut feeling was right about not Neweel so you get my vote  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 99
Dan
August 22, 2012, 5:10pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551

Yep. This basically. Cast of the shackles of the football club you had no choice in supporting and there's actually a wealth of decent sports out there that also provide entertainment.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 99
AndyGTFC
August 22, 2012, 5:11pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +804
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from voice of reason

FFS, this line again... Do you think they was only appointed at the start of the season? They've had more than 3 games, they've had 3 squads to work with, 2 of which was mostly their own signings and nothing has changed from day one...

We still don't communicate well enough
We are still scared to play at home
The players performances continue to find new depths of woefulness
We still have a poor midfield
We still have no real creativity

The above are comments the manager's have used when they arrived and also recently, so what have they done in their MORE than 3 games...??? Even more worrying, the managers still cannot say why the above things are happening, hnce no sign of things changing any time soon...

Yeah, we've looked absolutely terrible over the last couple of games but out only a few months ago, we were scoring a hatful of goals at home, went on a long unbeaten run and everything was hunky dory. Just for that, I'd give the managers longer than three games this season to put it right.

They haven't improved us on a consistent basis, I agree with that but I still maintain that you cannot judge the team they've put together this season on three games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 99
Mrs Doyle
August 22, 2012, 5:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
I still think we are not giving the two a fair chance they have proved they can get results at this level it is a working progress. It is still ridiculously early to call for heads yet, they have chosen a squad of players that I think have potential. Using an ex players comment is invalid because he was surplus to requirements and felt let down but that is part and parcel of being a Pro Football player.

I say give them until Christmas at least,look Boston felt aggrieved enough to take us to court over these that's how much they thought of losing them, don't forget they are learning as well.

Some people on here want instant success it ain't going to happen, just because we are a bigger fish in this league means nothing. Too many so called experts on here IMHO.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 99
mariner91
August 22, 2012, 5:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,804
Gold Stars: 262

Same as much as it pains me to say it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 99
lowerfindus
August 22, 2012, 5:41pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +202
Gold Stars: 2
Get rid of these two and get someone in who has a game plan and some tactics. I'm fed up of watching sh1te football. The decisions they have made have set us back another year.

Our midfield problems have not been addressed. Are Disley and niven really that different to cummins and Hudson? Colbeck seems to be the white serge makofo. Pearson is the new Spencer, contract cancelled in time for Christmas.  Hatton is a taller silk. Where is the improvement? THERE IS NONE.

They don't seem to be learning how to deal with preseason, the fans, the Blundell Park atmosphere, Midfield, team shape.. Sometimes you are just in the wrong place at the wrong time. you cant argue they haven't been successful at a lower level as they have but they seem to have hit the wall here.

Having stood and listen to these two at North Ferriby United in preseason it just showed me that my worries are just. They constantly talked and moaned about the ball into the front players and the runs they where making. They had blinkers that seemed to miss out midfield (like the team do) as the next ones to get talked about were the fullbacks. Their crime? Not getting balls up to the front man quickly enough.

We will never get any decent football to watch while they are here. Atleast Slade knew how to play long ball football, signed the appropriate players and then drilled it into the team. It feels like running and fitness is everything to these two when in reality it takes a lot more that fit players to make a successful team.

The Rob Scott school of half time team talks (see N.Ferriby away last season)and match day pantomime villain touch line performances definitely is unacceptable and I wish someone would take him to task for it. Its not passion, it's being a moron.

Never drink in a pub with a flat roof.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 99
wigworld
August 22, 2012, 5:43pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Can the club even afford to sack them? How much would six months salary cost? (I think that's the terms of their contract).

(And I'm not suggesting that's the way forward, just wondering).
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 58 - 99
Rodley Mariner
August 22, 2012, 5:48pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,279
Gold Stars: 184
Quoted from wigworld
Can the club even afford to sack them? How much would six months salary cost? (I think that's the terms of their contract).

I think for that reason and for the fact the squad is now made up of 'their' players we should probably just them them have the rest of this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 99
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › s n h - got this horrible feeling...

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.