Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Have expectations ever been so low?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 79 Guests

Have expectations ever been so low?

This thread currently has 1,914 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Abdul19
May 14, 2012, 7:41pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,628
Gold Stars: 220
It'll have to go some to be worse than 88 and 92!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 24
RonMariner
May 14, 2012, 8:04pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,866
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from grimsby pete
I am sure we will win the group easy,

THEN

Lose on pens in the quarter final.

That's about right(getting to the QF, not winning the group easily!)

I think getting to the QF would be a reasonable result for us. The likes of Spain, Holland and Germany are well ahead of us right now and I think we will exit as soon as we meet one of them.

Sorry to be so negative but, unless the draw is very kind to us, I just don't see us getting to the last four.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 24
siy2k5
May 14, 2012, 8:29pm
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
I'm supremely confident we will get further than we did at the last Euros

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 24
ginnywings
May 15, 2012, 8:14am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Will be surprised and delighted if we get beyond the group stage. Can't see anything but defeat to France and we haven't beaten Sweden for decades. Then just a simple matter of Ukraine on their own patch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 24
Maringer
May 15, 2012, 10:14am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,690
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from GodHelpUs

Total nonsense. We aren't talking about the medical profession here...some of the best managers and coaches (many of them, in fact) have done best in their first job!

Some people seem to be thinking that Neville is some kind of tactical genius because he can state the blindingly obvious after watching a game with aid of a dozen replays. Oddly enough, people used to think the same about Andy Gray as well and he even wrote a book (probably ghosted?) about the history of tactics.

However, being able to to see what is happening in a game from a good viewing position in the studio and with the assistance of multiple replays isn't exactly an indication of genius - just because a lot of the pundits are clueless feckwits (Townsend, Redknapp and Shearer come to mind especially) doesn't mean they all have to be.

Neville may well turn out to be a decent coach but he certainly hasn't got the experience yet and touting his work in the media as an indication of ability is a bit of a stretch for me. I notice that Hodgson has referenced Neville's punditry on Sky but I reckon he's being smart here and is getting him on board as a PR move for both the press and the players, most of whom have never worked with Hodgson.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Have expectations ever been so low?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.